What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the neighbors who once told my dog to "shut up":

You know what, maybe I don't want to hear you and your kids shouting incessantly all **** day and night. Maybe go to a park or something.

******* aloof, obnoxious yuppie ass....

PS it wouldn't be quite so bad (but still pretty annoying by now since it's been more or less continuous since last night) if they hadn't told my dog to shut up, and if they hadn't been cold and condescending assclown snobs all these years, never saying it explicitly but all but looking at us like we're white trash or some bullshit.

I forgot til recently, but "Karens" was probably the word I was looking for.

It's been going on all day, and has only managed to get even worse...

Sidewinder said:
59 today, never thought I'd make it this far, lol... can't sleep right now, so I reckon I'll toss out a few questions which have been perplexing me.

Y'all have heard of werewolves, right? Well, what about lesser-known were-Chihuahuas? Are they equally dangerous? Or can ya simply DROP-KICK them like you're STARRIN' in the motherf#%ng NFL?

These are the serious posers which have been keeping me awake... thanks in advance for any & all observations. Cheers!!!  :rolleyes:

Happy B-day! Wow! You didn't quite make it to 60 before you got touched by senility. 59 is still better then some though. :)

I'm thinking that I need a new cell phone battery. I noticed my screen seemed to be bulging out a little bit. Sure enough the battery was swollen once again. I'm sure glad the screen didn't crack.

Some people, man.

This is probably me caring too much about nonissues again, I should be focusing on myself and I shouldn't care what others do with their lives. But I really don't get the appeal of the "bro" lifestyle. I see online that people who were that way almost 20 years ago, are still pretty much the same. I just think, how can you do that for so long without looking around and realizing that it's all just, I don't know, all liking the same things, being the same way, obnoxiousness, mindlessly throwing money around, while talking about and doing pretty much nothing? How can you do that for so long without getting bored, without realizing it's all completely vapid and meaningless nonsense? How can you not want more stimulation than that?

I mean, to an outsider, I'd probably seem the same too, even though I feel like I've changed a lot mentally. I don't know. I guess I don't have a point, really. I know it's irrelevant, these people and their lifestyle are just incompatible with me and that's it and I don't need to pay it any mind. I mean, I used to like to drink and feel carefree too, but going too long feeling like I have no real thoughts about anything, bothers me. It makes me feel empty, makes me feel like I wish I had something to think about, something to get into.

I guess I just relate it back to my own confusion about finding where I belong. I obviously don't belong with that group, talking about those things, having those beliefs and values. I know I want to be around people that talk about deeper, more meaningful, more interesting things. But how to be more interesting, to the people that I find interesting, that are having the talks and doing the things and thinking the thoughts that I would like to talk about, that's where I want to be, and how to get there, that's the question...

I was just browsing random comments on YouTube on some vaporwave channels - I don't really listen to vaporwave a lot, but was looking more for the pictures. I kept seeing comments saying stuff about how life was better in the 80s and 90s, but they say it was better because there weren't as many cell phones. I don't know about that. I don't think the cell phones were the issue, and I definitely remember people being mean back then too, so it's not like they were much better than today.

What I think it was, was this sense that the future was just around the corner, we were going to use technology to move past the "bad old days", and the future was going to be better than the past. Things were going to keep evolving. But then 9/11 happened, and then the recession, and the "future" pretty much turned out to be the same old thing as the past. More war, the rich getting richer and everyone else getting screwed - not the better, more advanced, evolved world it seemed like it was going to be. In fact, it was like the 90s were the high water mark, and the world actually turned around and got worse.

Or maybe the problem isn't cell phone use necessarily, but that things are largely the same as they were - it's not like things dramatically changed, like we're living in a Jetsons or Star Trek-esque world now. We're still living more or less the same way, but with phones.

That, and we were younger back then too. All the problems and pain of adulthood were so far away they were just abstractions. It wasn't even on the radar, wasn't even something you thought about.

Oh well. These are just my ramblings for today.

I am 36 years old now , I am still stuck with a crappy job
And i still have not completed my accounting studies .

Now nobody is going to hire me at 36 .

I am feeling so sad and depressed

One thing i really hate about the internet is the lack of good forums .
I also hate sites like instagram , because it does not have a good space to blog .
I hate the tik-tok application , all the brainless dummies use it

I also hate all the chinese chat applications because one needs to spent a lot of money to chat in those applications .

facebook is somewhat ok now and that is because they have added that option to lock ones profiles

I miss the yahoo messenger times
It was fun hanging out in yahoo chat rooms

I don't have enough time for everything I have(or want) to do. How do people manage their time?

4No1 said:
I don't have enough time for everything I have(or want) to do. How do people manage their time?

I wake up at 7 , so that i can go to work at 9 .

I work till 1 0 clock , i come back home , eat my lunch and gets back to work at 2:15

I then again work till 6 0 clock .

I reach home at 6:30

After that i eat some Indian wheat chappathis , onion and mostly vegetarian food .

After that i eat an arpiprazole pill to calm down , that pill is for depression .That is what the doctor says .

I rest behind my pc thinking about ways to improve my life , my education and my job .

Before 8 , i drink a full glass of Indian gooseberry juice .

It is a good detox food .

Then i keep staring into these forums and a couple of other forums till 9 or 10 .

At 10 , i eat a cucumber and oats mixed with milk .

After that i shower , then i go to sleep

That is my time management story .

Browsing some things elsewhere brought back some flashbacks recently, and with what I know now, things clicked into place.

I hate the zero tolerance policy, wherever it is found. I think it's completely idiotic, and does way more harm than good. It's poisonous. It sets people up for failure in life. And people who enforce it on you, don't care about you at all, because they are forcing you to act in a mentally unhealthy way. I really think that, while it was not the only factor, it did contribute to me having low self-esteem, self-image, and self-efficacy. I was taught to be conflict avoidant, timid, meek, to NOT to stick up for myself. I was taught NOT to be assertive.

But although I was told that was the "mature" response, it never felt mature. It just made me feel like I was a loser, naturally low in the pecking order because I was weak. Like I had no power, like I couldn't set and enforce my own boundaries with people. Like all I could do was just hope others would decide to leave me alone, because the power, the locus of control, was out of my hands.

I'm a strong believer in pushing back when pushed, because of my experiences and how it makes you feel, the patterns of thought it gets you in and the way it gets you to see yourself unconsciously. There's a lot of talk about the victim mindset, and I think this is one thing that conditions people to be victims. It gets you to think of yourself as weak, powerless, ineffectual - like someone who has to take other people's honeysuckle, is who you are.

I feel like while you shouldn't seek fighting, sometimes fighting finds you whether you want it or not, and you have to be able to deal with that. You don't always choose your environment or the people around you and what they are like. You can want to be nice, but if they aren't, which is something you can't control, then you need to be assertive, otherwise you're going to have a bad time. You need to let people know that they aren't going to walk all over you without a fight. If they want to try to walk all over you, it won't be fun and easy. It will be work and risk. You have to let them know that pushing you around will be more trouble than it's worth.

It's like the saying, "if you want peace, be prepared for war." I think that, rather than the zero tolerance policy, "all fighting is bad", people should be taught that sometimes conflict is unavoidable. You don't choose it, other people do. There's a difference between being friendly, but with reasonable limits, and that lets people know that when those limits are crossed, it's not OK - and being a doormat that lets everyone walk all over you and never does anything about it - which just invites people to keep doing it, because they know you aren't going to do anything, and all the while, your self-image gets worse and worse.

Latest posts

Back