What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D*mn, rejection email within an hour of applying to a position. It wasn't that high of a position either, pretty entry-level in fact. That sucks...got to be a new record.

I wish I hadn't fallen off the professional path, cause it's very hard to get back on it.

Again, I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that if I knew that I was going to be low-status, I would have just said "no thanks, f*** that" to life before I was born. I would rather have just never existed at all than live a life of frustration, humiliation, and powerlessness. I really hope I can get out of this somehow.
There could be lots of reasons, including that they already hired someone. Don't let it discourage you. Hell be grateful you heard back so you don't have to wonder. Find something to pad your resume with and try again. You'll find something.

D*mn, rejection email within an hour of applying to a position. It wasn't that high of a position either, pretty entry-level in fact. That sucks...got to be a new record.

I wish I hadn't fallen off the professional path, cause it's very hard to get back on it.

Again, I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that if I knew that I was going to be low-status, I would have just said "no thanks, f*** that" to life before I was born. I would rather have just never existed at all than live a life of frustration, humiliation, and powerlessness. I really hope I can get out of this somehow.
I think Callie's probably right mate. A rejection that quick can only mean they've filled the position already.

Rejection emails happen - I get them all the time. I know it's discouraging as hell, but keep trying. (and chin up!). You've got this. You've got way more talent and potential than you give yourself credit for.

P.S. If you're inclined, I'm happy to look over your resume/cover letter if you think there's room for improvements.

I'm apparently a lot more successful at getting girls than I originally thought.
Hey 10 year old me, eat your heart out.

My workplace is hiring. You could start in an hour

sometimes I wish this site could be different 🙃… Its like everyone just jumps on anyone that brings a bit of discussion until its snuffed out. I cant understand it 🤷‍♀️ ah well back to tumbleweeds I guess

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF

It's all so messy, the hair, the bed, the heart, bloody life

Do I need to bring a shovel and garbage bags?

sometimes I wish this site could be different 🙃… Its like everyone just jumps on anyone that brings a bit of discussion until its snuffed out. I cant understand it 🤷‍♀️ ah well back to tumbleweeds I guess

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF
I think most discussions here go well or at least start out well.

Personally, I've found the forum to have a much better atmosphere lately.

Do I need to bring a shovel and garbage bags?

I think most discussions here go well or at least start out well.

Personally, I've found the forum to have a much better atmosphere lately.
Honestly I think its as dead as my granddad on here Callie and still very unwelcoming. People shouldn’t feel like there are cliques or they are ganged up on, its not fair on a forum full of vulnerable people 🙃😔

Honestly I think its as dead as my granddad on here Callie and still very unwelcoming. People shouldn’t feel like there are cliques or they are ganged up on, its not fair on a forum full of vulnerable people 🙃😔
Well, see, I think the atmosphere is better because the cliques aren't present. I don't think there are cliques "ganging up" on people, so much as some people just have similar opinions. Take the thread I believe you are referring to, for example. There are two groups of people. One side agrees with the beliefs presented by the OP and the other group doesn't. That doesn't make either side a "clique." It just means that there are two opposing views that are debating the topic. Can those "debates" get a little heated and go a little too far? Sure, of course, it happens literally everywhere, but aside from a few comments, it mostly stayed civil.
The problem with places like this is that people CAN be too sensitive or get offended or assume things that just aren't true. For example, people here often think I get angry. I don't. I state my opinion in a no nonsense way and people just assume that I'm angry. Couldn't be further from the truth, I'm VERY unlikely to get angry over a random stranger's opinion on the internet. I'm just a blunt person that doesn't mince words. That's just who I am...both online and off. I can see why people might think I'm angry. Other people talking the way I talk usually means that they are angry, but that's not the case with me.

100% agree again! But I am having a very bad week, so not quite as Tolerant as I would like to be.

Well, see, I think the atmosphere is better because the cliques aren't present. I don't think there are cliques "ganging up" on people, so much as some people just have similar opinions. Take the thread I believe you are referring to, for example. There are two groups of people. One side agrees with the beliefs presented by the OP and the other group doesn't. That doesn't make either side a "clique." It just means that there are two opposing views that are debating the topic. Can those "debates" get a little heated and go a little too far? Sure, of course, it happens literally everywhere, but aside from a few comments, it mostly stayed civil.
The problem with places like this is that people CAN be too sensitive or get offended or assume things that just aren't true. For example, people here often think I get angry. I don't. I state my opinion in a no nonsense way and people just assume that I'm angry. Couldn't be further from the truth, I'm VERY unlikely to get angry over a random stranger's opinion on the internet. I'm just a blunt person that doesn't mince words. That's just who I am...both online and off. I can see why people might think I'm angry. Other people talking the way I talk usually means that they are angry, but that's not the case with me.
Thanks for being Honest with your views. Respect for that!

Callie… even lately ive been at a reciving end of what I considered clique attacking behaviour, I actually didnt think you participated in a “gang up” fashion… but you did try to act as if I wasnt being attacked when i clearly was.. as it was what some may deem… a fellow “clique member” 👀 Alls forgiven alls under the bridge but im someone who isnt as sensitive as most, however its a gripe ive had with this site since I first joined… not directed at any one sole person at all in all honesty, im just here to say we can be kinder to each other and still be no nonsense and still have our own points of views. I’ll give some examples that aren’t related to you in anyway too -clicks fingers-

Even someone simply misused a thread and the response was so uncalled for in my book. It makes people feel unwelcome, people have completely left here because of the ganging up behaviour. My inbox is full of messages from them saying goodbye and asking me to move to other places with them.

Ganging up in my opinion is also if we constantly like aggressive posts too, its also intimidating as some people start to think everyone hates them. Also people jumping in when no one is even talking to them adds to it. If its between 2 ppl let it stay that way no one needs guard dogs… We are experiencing the least amount of moderation this site has had since I joined and its time for us to use the opportunity to prove we can handle this great responsibility. Instead of every thread getting locked because we cant just be civil. -rant over 😅

Honestly guys im too sexy for all this stress 😅 play nice or i’ll need botox when I finally hit my 30’s 🥺

Callie… even lately ive been at a reciving end of what I considered clique attacking behaviour, I actually didnt think you participated in a “gang up” fashion… but you did try to act as if I wasnt being attacked when i clearly was.. as it was what some may deem… a fellow “clique member” 👀 Alls forgiven alls under the bridge but im someone who isnt as sensitive as most, however its a gripe ive had with this site since I first joined… not directed at any one sole person at all in all honesty, im just here to say we can be kinder to each other and still be no nonsense and still have our own points of views. I’ll give some examples that aren’t related to you in anyway too -clicks fingers-

Even someone simply misused a thread and the response was so uncalled for in my book. It makes people feel unwelcome, people have completely left here because of the ganging up behaviour. My inbox is full of messages from them saying goodbye and asking me to move to other places with them.

Ganging up in my opinion is also if we constantly like aggressive posts too, its also intimidating as some people start to think everyone hates them. Also people jumping in when no one is even talking to them adds to it. If its between 2 ppl let it stay that way no one needs guard dogs… We are experiencing the least amount of moderation this site has had since I joined and its time for us to use the opportunity to prove we can handle this great responsibility. Instead of every thread getting locked because we cant just be civil. -rant over 😅

Honestly guys im too sexy for all this stress 😅 play nice or i’ll need botox when I finally hit my 30’s 🥺
What I said what that I personally wouldn't have viewed it as an attack. That's different than saying it wasn't an attack. If you felt attacked, you felt attacked. I didn't see it the same way you did. That doesn't negate that you felt attacked, I just saw it differently, which isn't saying anything against you, we just have differing views of the situation. Not that uncommon, given that we don't think the same way.
I think in the same way, people see "cliques" in different ways. What you deem a "clique" is unlikely to be the same as what I deem a "clique." I've been here a long time. There have definitely been cliques. Groups of people who only speak to certain people, who only let certain types of people in, who "gang up" on certain people all the time, etc etc etc. Now, some could say that cliques are present right now, but that's not how I see it. With certain subjects, there is always going to be a dividing line, so it will seem like there are "cliques" involved, but the problem with this is that it's not so much cliqueish as it is people having strong opinions on the subject, it's either going to be for one side or the other, so yeah, I can see how some would call it a clique, but for those situations, it's different, IMO.
Whether people want to believe it or not, I try to make everyone feel welcome. I talk to everyone, whether I like them or not, whether they want me to or not. But, with people like me, being blunt and not sugar coating things, people see me as a...well, not nice person. It's been like this since I first came here. It will likely continue being like this. I'm okay with that. Not everyone is going to like how I go about things, the same as not everyone is going to like how you go about things or how Okiedoke or Randomguy goes about things. That's just life. I've seen lots of things that were uncalled for over the years. I'm sure I've said things that were uncalled for over the years (especially my first account here). Things get heated, things get said, things get misinterpreted. Also just life. Everyone does it at some point. It is right or excusable? No, not at all, but it happens. All you can do is try to be better in the future.

Latest posts

Back