What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ewomack said:
Just curious, what kind of electronics project? I've messed around with Arduino, Raspberry PI and other micro-controllers, but so far I'm managed to avoid soldering.

I'm curious as well, Finished. Pictures, please :club:

TheSkaFish said:
Maybe the flipside is, avoiding this competition and unpleasantness and reality makes you unattractive.  I sometimes wonder if part of my difficulty here is having a foot in both worlds, instead of putting both feet in the adult world, the world of competition, seriousness, reality, not fantasy.  It's almost like time grabbed one of my feet and put it in the serious world, while I try to hold one of my feet in the world I don't want to leave behind, but it is drifting away. 

I was thinking about this, while cleaning at work. My thoughts have nothing to do with the thread it was posted in, so I am just going to post my thoughts here (sorry Ska, if this is weird lol).

The last few days, I've thought a lot about when I lived on a farm when I was 5 and younger. I spent the first few years of my life, away from people. I had my family, but there was no civil expectations. Sure, people visited. But my days were spent, carefree and just enjoying the world around me. There was no end to the things that I could explore. There was no end to where my imagination could go. I don't even remember watching movies at that time. I was so entranced with outside. I remember sitting in the barn, when Donna Lewis' "I Love You, Always Forever" played on the radio, and I thought that was the song of my life haha.

Of course, my parents occasionally brought the reality of the world in with their arguments. And their arguments were pretty **** bad. But there was always a place to escape.

When we moved, into the town where I would go to school, I didn't have that escape anymore. I went to school, where I mostly felt sick to my stomach. I wasn't a normal, socialized person. I laughed too loudly, I fidgeted. Most days, I would call home and beg my mom to come pick me up. She did for awhile, but then the school cut off my phone privileges. Evenings at home, were spent listening to my stepfather get drunk and fight worse than he ever had.

A little excitement returned to me, when he announced that we would be moving to the prairies, to start over. We did end up on an acreage for awhile, but everything felt so much more serious. My parents didn't have a lot of money, but my stepfather drank more than he had previously. He seemed to fight everyone. And small town Sask is unforgiving to drunks who fight everyone. I still didn't feel normal at school.

I think I have been searching for that escape for the last 23 years. I think I have realized, very painfully, that I'm not going to find it. Even in hobby attempts, and things that take my mind away momentarily, it's just not the same. I guess ignorance really was bliss.

Some days, I think I would be better off if I woke up in a LOTR movie. Life is tough.

ewomack said:
Just curious, what kind of electronics project? I've messed around with Arduino, Raspberry PI and other micro-controllers, but so far I'm managed to avoid soldering.

My current project is a high powered battery desulfator with controllable varied frequencies. Go ahead and get a soldering iron. You are totally missing out. I've used a few high dollar soldering irons. But, for most things I like my Cheapo soldering iron:

T12 Quicko
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quicko-Dig...453923?hash=item287aa6f523:g:x~oAAOSwFzNcn4U8

Micro-controllers are fun to play with and can be quite useful. Arduinos are so cheap and easy to work with, they should be part of everybody's hobbies.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
TheSkaFish said:
Maybe the flipside is, avoiding this competition and unpleasantness and reality makes you unattractive.  I sometimes wonder if part of my difficulty here is having a foot in both worlds, instead of putting both feet in the adult world, the world of competition, seriousness, reality, not fantasy.  It's almost like time grabbed one of my feet and put it in the serious world, while I try to hold one of my feet in the world I don't want to leave behind, but it is drifting away. 

I was thinking about this, while cleaning at work. My thoughts have nothing to do with the thread it was posted in, so I am just going to post my thoughts here (sorry Ska, if this is weird lol).

The last few days, I've thought a lot about when I lived on a farm when I was 5 and younger. I spent the first few years of my life, away from people. I had my family, but there was no civil expectations. Sure, people visited. But my days were spent, carefree and just enjoying the world around me. There was no end to the things that I could explore. There was no end to where my imagination could go. I don't even remember watching movies at that time. I was so entranced with outside. I remember sitting in the barn, when Donna Lewis' "I Love You, Always Forever" played on the radio, and I thought that was the song of my life haha.

Of course, my parents occasionally brought the reality of the world in with their arguments. And their arguments were pretty **** bad. But there was always a place to escape.

When we moved, into the town where I would go to school, I didn't have that escape anymore. I went to school, where I mostly felt sick to my stomach. I wasn't a normal, socialized person. I laughed too loudly, I fidgeted. Most days, I would call home and beg my mom to come pick me up. She did for awhile, but then the school cut off my phone privileges. Evenings at home, were spent listening to my stepfather get drunk and fight worse than he ever had.

A little excitement returned to me, when he announced that we would be moving to the prairies, to start over. We did end up on an acreage for awhile, but everything felt so much more serious. My parents didn't have a lot of money, but my stepfather drank more than he had previously. He seemed to fight everyone. And small town Sask is unforgiving to drunks who fight everyone. I still didn't feel normal at school.

I think I have been searching for that escape for the last 23 years. I think I have realized, very painfully, that I'm not going to find it. Even in hobby attempts, and things that take my mind away momentarily, it's just not the same. I guess ignorance really was bliss.

Some days, I think I would be better off if I woke up in a LOTR movie. Life is tough.

It feels amazing to be able to be so honest with someone, and have them be so honest in return. To look for solutions instead of looking for more problems, or more reasons to not speak up. That is how it is supposed to be.

Tomorrow I'll be working until 8pm and it makes me scream "oh no why meeee!??!" : D
Also I am thinking that I should buy another PC, my old one started displaying the blue screen quite often and that's definitely not a good sign.. : (

TheSkaFish said:
^I think he'd better demand his money back, and take it up with the Better Wizards Bureau!  That wizard's license to do magic needs to be revoked.

I am looking for a business partner. I think both of us could figure out the "turn people invisible" part. :D

After full payment received, of course.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
TheSkaFish said:
^I think he'd better demand his money back, and take it up with the Better Wizards Bureau!  That wizard's license to do magic needs to be revoked.

I am looking for a business partner. I think both of us could figure out the "turn people invisible" part. :D

After full payment received, of course.

Well, you know what they say - two heads are better than one! Let's do this.

I wish I got more major or career guidance other than "you don't have the math grades for engineering". That, and knowing law was always too expensive, and anything medical for me was always out for several reasons.

It's like, OK, fair enough. I didn't have my heart set on any of those things anyway. But I would have liked to know what I have the best chance of actually being good at.

Money has always been important to me cause I don't come from it and want to escape certain things that have always frustrated me about our lifestyle. But if you asked me what I had a knack for, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

I don't want to get on anyone's nerves but I'm not really talking solutions here, just venting while I try to start doing some work that I don't know how well I can do it. I'll give it try and see how it goes. I don't really have time for solutions right now cause it's a busy time right now, have to take care of one big thing at a time.

I know I'm more risk-averse than the average person seems to be. And I might seem lazy, and I might actually be at times, but I don't think that's the whole story.

But yeah, it's the same with dating, too. I just wish I knew where I could thrive.

Cool dude, let's bring a piece of moldy bread into my room.

Seriously what the fresia? What was the point of that? It couldn't wait for me to go to the kitchen to see it? Why did I have to see it at all? Just throw it away and tell me about it later.

"Oh it's not going to jump off the bread". Uh, yes, yes it does, mold spreads like a ************, especially since our house sucks and has pretty much ideal conditions for it.

Now I have to wash the doorknobs. Yay more work, not like I had enough problems to deal with already. Thanks!

Got it done. Thank God that's over.

I should bring Back Scratchers back. I would make $millions by saying they are Covid friendly. Then I would say we are going to get through this pandemic together like all the other companies are saying. The general population believes anything they are told.

Latest posts

Back