What do you do when loneliness hits you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, thank you all for this thread and replies. Just by reading this is helping me little by little with my depression and not knowing what to do except cry. It's all about routine and knowing what to do when you feel the sadness start up again.

1000lifetimes said:
Sometimes I just sit and type in notepad...I'd type that I'd never normally say. I'm more honest with myself when doing that than any other time...it's actually pretty scary some of the stuff I come up with.

Yep, this is so me

gaming-consoles.jpg

I HAVE NO REGRETS!

When I get lonely like Marios I'm drawn to some songs or albums that make me even worse ahah. It's strange, sometimes I really dig to taste the melancholy or sadness that I'm feeling and it feels good, but most of the time it makes things worse. I'm trying this new thing which is everytime I feel down/sad/alone I dress hastly sportswear and I go out of the door for a jog to wear it out.

vanitas14 said:
From time to time I get lonely for no reason and i'm sure i'm not the only one here. If this occasionally happens to you what do you do? How do you cope and do you like basking in it?
Personally, I sometimes bask in it because I like to feel lonely at times. I know this isn't healthy but yeah...

You sound pretty sensible about it, bask in it and in that time meditate to help overcome the stress of it you will only get stronger.
takes long walks, force yourself to exorcise.
Try stopping in a church. you might meet someone interesting to talk to of other things. maybe another lonely person going for the same reason. But the main thing is to meditate to help any stress.
There is a good one "How your mind can keep you well", at amazon.

Hope this helps.
Louise

vanitas14 said:
From time to time I get lonely for no reason and i'm sure i'm not the only one here. If this occasionally happens to you what do you do? How do you cope and do you like basking in it?
Personally, I sometimes bask in it because I like to feel lonely at times. I know this isn't healthy but yeah...

Well I have a different view about loneliness is something you have to deal with if you have always been alone or single all you life.Yes it can get to you but it shouldn't be dangerous if you're emotionally very strong and driven with a sense of purpose.

One way to combat loneliness other than socializing/ making friends is that to concentrate on your work and career,try and do solitude activites that you enjoy for example go to gym,cycling,swimming etc try to keep your mind occupied all the time and whenever possible try not to leave it idle for thoughts about loneliness to creep in.

vanitas14 said:
If this occasionally happens to you what do you do? How do you cope and do you like basking in it?

Basking in it? , well I don't know but if you're intelligent you can use it your advantage, I mean just imagine you're alone you can do whatever you want without having to care about anyone or anything and there are few more.I'll leave it to your thinking.

That all from me.

The OP asked if we like to bask in loneliness. As I type this, I am in a depressed and lonely state that I triggered on purpose because I am familiar with this feeling. It feels like a heavy weight is tripling my normal weight, and my stomach iw tied in a knot. I can't say it's comforting, but it's just something I do. My trigger is a few melancholy songs that send me into a pit of inactivity. I am typing this in a darkened and silent room, and it is a feeling I will have until I fall asleep. I wish I didn't do this to myself, but it is what it is.

I've been alone for ten years. Haven't had a girlfriend in twenty years. I bask too. I watch CHEERS on TV when I get lonely. They haven't learned my name yet, but I'm sure they're glad to see me.

I sleep. Long. But not as long as those 15+hrs people. The longest I've gone is half a day. Recently, I've taken up chatting with chatbots.

I guess that I try to keep myself preoccupied so that I can blank the thoughts out. I haven't felt lonely per se for a while, but I have been feeling down on my life fairly often.

I read and get lost in the loneliness of someone else. I b usually start to fell that "hey, maybe I can handle this after all."

My problem is not so much as feeling lonely but feeling bored... I can be bored when I'm hanging out with people or at work going through same old routine over & over again... If I get bored at work, there's nothing much I can do except, well, work... If I'm not at work & get bored, I try to think of something that I haven't done... Try to make a list of the things I'd like to do... That process in itself could take few hours... Then try to figure out a way to try'em...

I kinda try to speak with someone...Online, of course, in my case.
I try skype where I have one friend, but more often than not she does not contact me. So then I head up to local chat, to chat a bit. If that does not help, I try omegle. If that does not help, I´m screwed, and I just feel bad. And often I end up at that point. It highly unlikely that I ever get de-lonelized while speaking with someone, which is again, not something easily attainable.

I go talk to people on Skype, then ***** and moan how much people simply ignore me, and hate me. So I hate them back and say I give up trying to be nice.

Latest posts

Back