What do you do when loneliness hits you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
JustSomeGal said:
I journal.

I used to do that and it gave me peace. I can't seem to write anymore now though.

I would like to journal but I'm terrified that when I die someone will read it and laugh their ass off at me. "Ha ha ha what a loser ha ha ha ". Even in death I would be mortified.

I don't really "do" anything. All I can do is endure it. I have no one to talk to and if I try to read I just linger on the same page.

I guess putting on a dumb movie to focus on can help for a bit. That's about it though. OK, I do drink but that's not advice that I would pass down.

Grackle said:
ladyforsaken said:
JustSomeGal said:
I journal.

I used to do that and it gave me peace. I can't seem to write anymore now though.

I would like to journal but I'm terrified that when I die someone will read it and laugh their ass off at me. "Ha ha ha what a loser ha ha ha ". Even in death I would be mortified.

Then you can always come back and haunt the honeysuckle out of them for doing that.

Grackle said:
That's very similar along the lines I was thinking last night, except with photographs. I need to go through all of my photos and dispose of any that are embarrassing or in any other way incriminating. With my luck if I don't destroy them those are going to be the ones that get posted up on a memory board *eye roll*

You know what Jackie O did when she felt she was on the downside of cancer? Sat down with all her personal correspondence and photos in front of a big fireplace, had a last read through, and then into the fire certain pieces went. Imagine some of the secrets and speculations that went up in smoke.

Go outside and do something. Anything. A hike on a crappy day beats the hell out of sitting around feeling miserable.

And I'm looking for a cat. Not just any cat though. I want Terrible Chester from The Odd Thomas series. He's got my kinda attitude.

WildernessWildChild said:
Go outside and do something. Anything. A hike on a crappy day beats the hell out of sitting around feeling miserable.

And I'm looking for a cat. Not just any cat though. I want Terrible Chester from The Odd Thomas series. He's got my kinda attitude.

lol....I remember Chester. :p

EveWasFramed said:
WildernessWildChild said:

lol....I remember Chester. :p

He's BadAss!

Annie Bodie said:
Grackle said:

That's very similar along the lines I was thinking last night, except with photographs. I need to go through all of my photos and dispose of any that are embarrassing or in any other way incriminating. With my luck if I don't destroy them those are going to be the ones that get posted up on a memory board *eye roll*

I tried to write a journal but it sounded so whiny and complaining about everything, it made me feel worse when I read it back. Sometimes I like to go for a walk and call into a shop (like a charity shop where there is someone behind the counter - not like a supermarket) just to say hello to the shop assistant. There is one I go into quite often, so she sort of knows me and sometimes chats about the weather. But then I feel like I have to buy something. It feels really pathetic, actually.

I endure, because that's all I really can do, But I usually try to distract myself by watching a movie or talking to someone. Lately I've been getting on here

ladyforsaken said:
Grackle said:
ladyforsaken said:
JustSomeGal said:
I journal.

Then you can always come back and haunt the honeysuckle out of them for doing that.

That would be so much fun !!

It doesn’t happen very often, but I tend to shut down; I then lie on my bed, cover myself with my blanket, hug my pillow and let it all out. I feel like the most miserable person in the world and I wish someone would hug me from my back (My body tends to feel really cold when I’m in this mood, but my back feels freezing-cold). However, I’m not sure if this happens to everybody, but I also like this feeling, because I’m just releasing all the negative emotions that accumulated through the weeks. After that, I feel happy and outright ignore everything that makes me sad or angry and just wait for my next shut down…

Yeah, it sounds weird, but it’s just me. :p

Anahita said:
Annie Bodie said:
Grackle said:

I tried to write a journal but it sounded so whiny and complaining about everything, it made me feel worse when I read it back. Sometimes I like to go for a walk and call into a shop (like a charity shop where there is someone behind the counter - not like a supermarket) just to say hello to the shop assistant. There is one I go into quite often, so she sort of knows me and sometimes chats about the weather. But then I feel like I have to buy something. It feels really pathetic, actually.

I also used to write in a journal, it was one of my first attempts to let out my feelings, but I eventually discontinued it, mainly because I was complaining about the same things over and over, but also because I wrote things that would have terrified my family.

Watch history documentaries, write in my journal, long drives to places I haven't been too while listening to the radio.

Also sleep, I forgot how good sleep is.

I work obsessively. It's much more fun now that I have the world's prettiest little notebook to work on.

sleep. then sleep some more. (i know, not the most productive thing to do, but that's what i do.)

Watching a lot of YouTube videos, even just hearing somebody's voice from the video while you do something else helps me a bit with my loneliness but it's just a fake counteractive and in the end I'm still lonely. Playing games makes me feel like I'm achieving something but in the end I'm still lonely and have nobody to share my gaming experiences with.
I am always lonely no matter what I do, my mind is full of thoughts that kill me from the inside.

Just watch TV shows or movies about all the problems couples have. It's great to watch the crime channel where someone killed their spouse for money, for someone else, or just to shut them up. Then you can watch Cheaters. Put yourself in the place of the one being cheating on and the loneliness feelings fade away. Then one starts thinking that maybe being alone isn't all that bad.

Latest posts

Back