What do YOU have to offer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished said:
^ What size is your heart? :p

Sweet joke :D I wasn't referring to my physical heart. I was referring to my emotional heart. And it's neither small nor big. It's medium size I would say. :D And it can only grow in time.
I can't say I'm wise, but I can say  I'm doing my best to be kind.  I know I can devote myself to the people I love. I know I have that type of devotion in my heart. And that's what I can offer; my devotion, my time and my willingness to do good and help and support and love. These are the only things I can ever truly offer to someone...

Finished said:
^ Those are fantastic things to offer.

I can offer decent cooking abilities.

The "awesome! I'm very bad at cooking unfortunately" was meant for you, sorry I forgot to place the reply here :D

Nothing. Truly.
I don't have any money, and I have some, though minimal experience with dating.
Basically, I gave up when I turned 30.
My longest relationship was from 16-24.
The 6 years in the between I only really had 1 serious relationship, but it was so dysfunctional from the beginning that I never totally let my guard down, so even though that was 2 or 3 years, I mean: That was just 2 or 3 years of fun and me getting used and just not caring at the time.

My argument I guess sounds more like Dennis The Constitutional Peasant from the Holy Grail:
If I waited around for love, nothing would ever get done in my life.

My mind is in other places, mostly.
Darker places, but other places nevertheless.

I'm a dying breed of a man. There are very few who've given half their lives to walk this path of thorns that I walk. Most, have turned hide and ran, tried to get back to where they were before, only to end up just as lost only in another place. Some, the majority that are left, have tried turning it into a career, which only results in the contradictions of themselves being exposed through their own egoic veil.

Nope, I'm alone in the rowboat, adrift atop the endless sea, shrouded in fog beneath the cloak of the night.
And truly, I would have it no other way. I find a certain beauty in it, even if that beauty is mine alone to behold.

A decade ago, I likened myself to Charon, only unlike Charon tis not Styx I patrol.
What can one call the cosmic seas, so bleak and colorless, and yet in contrast so wondrously kaleidoscopic all in the same?

I'm wildly creative but to no productive avail of monetary value.
Nothingness, truly isn't as bad as many would make it seem.
Not once you familiarize yourself with it, at least.

iu

I don't know.  But sometimes I feel like it's at least as much as a lot of people.

And it's frustrating having to guess what exactly I should have, and how much, that would be "enough" to offer someone.

I feel like I have nothing to offer. I am extremely disappointed in people and due to my negative outlook, I stay away from forming new relationships. I can hardly stand being around myself, why inflict it on others.

Latest posts

Back