What documentary are you watching?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonesome Crow said:
As usual Skoriana bring on weak stuff and dose personal attacks, however subttle it is..

Well I have tried to help you, but you cannot see it and do not accept it. Maybe it is rude to use you as an example to others, but ok. Do you mind if I use your failures as a means to point out things to others? It could make all the difference in helping someone.

As usual i would say Skoriana has his head up his ass so **** high he can't smell his own bullshit. He's too far gone and can't be helped, living in denial and delusions.

I am fine. As fine as I can be.

Addictions and Daibetes are incurable dis-ease. Miss informed people die.

You know what I hear? What I hear is. I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't. or It isn't possible, It isn't possible, It isn't possible.

Ya, miss informed people die. Sigh.

As in .."you can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber"

So what. There is no pickle or cucumber here.

VanillaCreme said:
How hard was it to understand what Pie meant?.... And I don't do drugs and still wouldn't agree with you on the whole diabetes thing if I did.

Did I specifically say you did drugs?

The strange thing about drugs is that what they do is damage ones overall health. Sure they may damage the brain, but I don't really agree that that is the biggest part of why they affect people the way they do. What I see is that drugs damage the organs and peoples overall health. Which puts them in the same boat as anything else that damages people’s health. There are things people put in their mouth to fill their stomachs that do this, there are pollutants that do this, there are cosmetics that do this, there are elements of the periodic table that do this, there are medical drugs that do this, narcotics that do this, diseases that do this, bacteria that do this, what else?

Which reminds me... I have to go get my bag of Fritos from the kitchen.

Well at least some kinds of those can be better then a candy bar or energy drink. Though there are some ok energy drinks. Drinks generally are not meals.

Btw, that commercial was a waste of an egg. That could have fed a hungry little kid.

Maybe they used an expired and rotten egg?
EveWasFramed said:
:p I wasn't refering to your posted information, just wikipedia in general. Since I didnt read all of the info you posted, I'd not make a comment about whether or not it's 100% accurate. :)
Well. Wikipedia does do a pretty good job, but there are exceptions. Very rarely is any source "100%" accurate. People want to believe some are because they are threatened by the idea of being wrong and can't handle the truth.

Skorian said:
Lonesome Crow said:
As usual Skoriana bring on weak stuff and dose personal attacks, however subttle it is..

Well I have tried to help you, but you cannot see it and do not accept it. Maybe it is rude to use you as an example to others, but ok. Do you mind if I use your failures as a means to point out things to others? It could make all the difference in helping someone.

As usual i would say Skoriana has his head up his ass so **** high he can't smell his own bullshit. He's too far gone and can't be helped, living in denial and delusions.

I am fine. As fine as I can be.

Addictions and Daibetes are incurable dis-ease. Miss informed people die.

You know what I hear? What I hear is. I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't. or It isn't possible, It isn't possible, It isn't possible.

Ya, miss informed people die. Sigh.

As in .."you can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber"

So what. There is no pickle or cucumber here.

First of all..I didn't ask for your help.

Second of all,...I don't need help from a lunatic.

Third of all, You are not qualified to help anyone. honeysuckle, you can't even help yourself and pull your head out of your own ass.

If you can't figure out the difference between a pickle and a cucumber,...you have brain damage.
I recommend you suck on a couple of pickles or get your head examaned by a professional.

Do mind you. You are a narsitic arrogant self-rightious prick with a lost cuase.

What you hear is your own fucken insanity talking to you.

You are as fine as the sweat on my scrowdum...I mean, Skrowdium

Skorian said:
VanillaCreme said:
How hard was it to understand what Pie meant?.... And I don't do drugs and still wouldn't agree with you on the whole diabetes thing if I did.

Did I specifically say you did drugs?

The strange thing about drugs is that what they do is damage ones overall health. Sure they may damage the brain, but I don't really agree that that is the biggest part of why they affect people the way they do. What I see is that drugs damage the organs and peoples overall health. Which puts them in the same boat as anything else that damages people’s health. There are things people put in their mouth to fill their stomachs that do this, there are pollutants that do this, there are cosmetics that do this, there are elements of the periodic table that do this, there are medical drugs that do this, narcotics that do this, diseases that do this, bacteria that do this, what else?

Which reminds me... I have to go get my bag of Fritos from the kitchen.

Well at least some kinds of those can be better then a candy bar or energy drink. Though there are some ok energy drinks. Drinks generally are not meals.

Btw, that commercial was a waste of an egg. That could have fed a hungry little kid.

Maybe they used an expired and rotten egg?

You just can't see the forest through the trees.... Shame.

VanillaCreme said:
You just can't see the forest through the trees.... Shame.
What I see is that the only way many people can get help will be through the change of how things are done. Through changing legislation and through changing policy. The problem with that though is that that may never happen. Which is why I started this discussion in the first place.

There's more ways of help than the "Skorian way". Rest assure, I doubt anyone needs your "help" to survive. Civilization was built and has been worked on way before you were born.

VanillaCreme said:
There's more ways of help than the "Skorian way". Rest assure, I doubt anyone needs your "help" to survive. Civilization was built and has been worked on way before you were born.

The forrest in the trees went over his head...roflmao

sw_1.jpg

sw-6.jpg

I felt that this did not belong in the Entertainment section. Its possibly one of the best documentaries ever made IMO, and although its over 20 years old, it has aged very well. The video transfer of this onto youtube is great so there are no image or sound problems.

This film is not scripted. Most documentary films that you find on the net nowadays are vulgar and forgettable, but I can guarantee you that this one is worth your time whenever you have the chance if you decide to watch it.

I am just posting this to share with you all something that should be watched by more people. A film that has really stuck with many people who have viewed this. So when you have the time, just watch it.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8 - A

Part 8 - B

Part 9

Part 10

LOL. they wouldnt help, there is a little psycho in me always :p

granted that wasnt a very eloquent resoponse to the documentary, but i didnt have it in me that particular morning.

i did find it interesting to see what these unfortunate kids had to go through to survive the streets and my heart broke for all of them. at the end the boy that killed himself was the last straw, i just felt very, very angry at the world and what it will allow to happen.

later that day i watched a documentary on human slavery and child trafficking. i just felt exhausted by all the pain in this world.

maybe i should have taken a few deep breaths before i responded to this docco...

I started watching it and nearly began crying. Thank you for the documentary dc, it is a good one, but I can't watch it all. It reminds me of my dad telling me about life when he was growing up. He lived on the streets for a while. He used to shine shoes in bars to make money for food. It's kind of interesting- he shined the shoes of his future father-in-law at a bar.

That was a great documentary. Unforgettable. If I'm not mistaken by Wikipedia, there was a sequel titled "Erin" which followed Tiny, the girl in the picture in DayvanCowboy's first post. Don't read Wikipedia if you want spoilers.

This week it has been BBC's Incredible Human Journey. It's a series that is very interesting about the orgins and journey of man out of Africa. I decided it would be an awesome documentary and I was right. Then again, BBC rules :p

The One Percent:

It's a rich kid showing who holds most of the money and trying to get members of the elite to respond to the inequity between the top 1% and the 99%.

Latest posts

Back