What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hazel_flagg said:
In college I tried to give myself a white streak in my hair like Bonnie Raitt's (I idolised her at the time). I ended up bleaching too big of a patch of hair and made myself look like 'a pissed-off skunk' according to my older sisters who pissed themselves laughing every time they looked at me.

Photographic proof still exist?????

WildernessWildChild said:
hazel_flagg said:
In college I tried to give myself a white streak in my hair like Bonnie Raitt's (I idolised her at the time). I ended up bleaching too big of a patch of hair and made myself look like 'a pissed-off skunk' according to my older sisters who pissed themselves laughing every time they looked at me.

Photographic proof still exist?????

Photographic proof NEVER existed. You jackal! :)

I rarely ever drink but when I'm with my best friend she always wants to drink. So this weekend I stayed with her and the first night I think we got pretty drunk, went walking down the Hollywood walk of fame and dared each other to climb and sit in a trash can then lay on the ground right in the middle of walking traffic and tried sliding down the pole handle thing on some stairs which did not work, haha. I was completely unaware of my surrounding but I know we looked ridiculous. Don't know if this counts since I was quite inebriated. My first time being in a such a public place while intoxicated. :D

Avoided the door ID check at a student bar by climbing to the roof, dropping down onto a table next the edge of the balcony, drunk and wobbly.

How about drinking and driving. I crashed a car that way. Pretty dumb of me. But only once.

Most recent. Got liquored up with a friend a couple years back and took a short bus for a joyride (which belonged to a coworker and was living in, but wasn't occupied at the moment) And the bus breaks down in the middle of town. I was going to just leave it where it shat, but my friend got scared. So I borrowed my dad's 3/4 ton diesel truck and towed it back where we got it.

All we were going to do was take it to buy more beer with it,then park the bus on the other side of the parking lot just to mess with him a little. The obstacles that ensued that entire evening/following morning is something out of a Hunter S. Thompson novel..

While I do stupid things on a daily basis, the one that sticks in my memory is from when I was 6 years old: In the backyard of the house I lived in at the time, there were a lot of ant hills. Fire ant hills, to be specific. Naturally, I decided to poke them with a stick. Ants proceeded to swarm my legs and start biting me all over and I ran crying and screaming to my mother, who sat me in a bucket of cold water. They hurt for days.

About a week later I went back and did it again for revenge, with predictable results. I was not a smart child.

Oh I don't know. As a teenager I went bowling, got wasted, threw a bowling ball at the ceiling by accident, went to the toilet and vomited everywhere, chatted to a girl who really seemed to like me but who was a bit put off by the puke stains on my trousers.

*walks up to the counter to schedule an appointment*

*makes eye contact*

"I just remembered I forgot what I needed. Sorry."

*leaves*

in general, writing long letters to explain in detail to bad people why they were bad, and posting them - now I don't do that anymore

- Crashed a car and totaled it.

- Ever having smoked anything. It was only tobacco and marijuana but still, not worth the health risk, the money, or the wasted time.

- Getting a mohawk.

- Getting dreadlocks.

- Getting paranoia. It cost me a lot of the latter part of my childhood, strained my relationship with my family and just took my focus and put it in the wrong place. I could have had a lot more fun if I just didn't focus on that stuff. I kick myself every day for that.

- Tried to get somewhere with a girl I had gone to high school with, with which I had next to nothing in common. I realized later it was mostly an unresolved crush from before, mostly about looks - which incidentally enough, I wound up not being interested in at all later. I look back and I just don't know what I was thinking on this one. Unfortunately, I put myself and my friends through a lot of stress over this and wound up wasting a lot of time.

- Not taking college seriously enough. Not getting an internship and not trying to get a job as soon as I graduated.

- Not taking some time by myself and reflecting, really asking and looking into just what I want out of life and who I want to be.

- Not taking any action to be interesting, and as a result I let three girls who would have been wonderful for me in every way pass me by. Not having my life together in time to have really done something about them. If only I had, we could have been having adventures together by now.

- Not believing in myself. This resulted in not taking any actions on my dreams and now I'm already 28 and nowhere towards where I want to be.

morphine/heroin addiction, reducing from 60 to 24mg methadone then a couple months ago starting again! i dont know how to tell my drug worker coz he'll be hurt i know it, he's so nice but the cost is making me bankrupt, ive messed that up...

Acting all dark and gloomy when I was a teen, thinking it was cool.
It was not.

In a way, ironic, but fair a way, I got exactly what I sought:D

Not speaking up for myself in the past

Triggering health risks upon myself

Not being wary

Latest posts

Back