What is the nicest thing anyone ever did for you ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes when I get really good tips or get to play with people's dogs at work it can make my day. Or when little kids answer the door and try to pay for the food.

My best friend forgave me even though I had acted in a way I hated myself for. After what I did, I couldn't see how she even wanted to talk to me.
I really don't know where I'd be right now if she hadn't been so kind and forgiving.

This isn't the NICEST thing, but it jumped to mind when I read the thread title.

My sister came back from holiday and she brought me back a box with three sachets of coffee mate inside.

This is because when we were young if we went on holiday and we were in a hotel, we'd always steal coffee mate from the cleaners' trolley and just eat it straight out of the sachet.

So she stole some coffee mate and brought it all the way back for me and I thought that was a really nice thing to do. ^^

A lot of people did a lot of nice things for me. One year, my family and I were chosen by a women's group to have Christmas gifts donated to us - some of those presents being a kindle fire and some art supplies. I've received birthday gifts from many of my online friends, as well. I've been cheered up by strangers who've gone out of their way to make me smile when I looked upset. People listen to me ***** and whine on a daily basis and don't tell me to shut up - that's pretty nice.
It'd be hard to pick one from the bunch and call it the best. Nice things are happening all the time if you take the time to see and appreciate them.

ajdass1 said:
This isn't the NICEST thing, but it jumped to mind when I read the thread title.

My sister came back from holiday and she brought me back a box with three sachets of coffee mate inside.

This is because when we were young if we went on holiday and we were in a hotel, we'd always steal coffee mate from the cleaners' trolley and just eat it straight out of the sachet.

So she stole some coffee mate and brought it all the way back for me and I thought that was a really nice thing to do. ^^

That's so sweeeeet! (goo)

Doubt The Rabbit said:

ajdass1 said:

That's so sweeeeet! (goo)

You took the words right out of my mouth 'doubt the rabbit' - that is so touching

I've been sitting here for ten minutes, and I honestly can't think of anything.

Ten minutes ago I didn't feel sad, but now I do.

Destructive criticism from my family really helped me.
I thank them for mopping the floor with my face and having this competitive attitude towards me all the time. If this would've never happened, probably I'd be weaker and naive.

That doesn't sound too nice though, Gondwanaland. *hugs* It may have helped.. but I guess there could be other ways to do it.

Nicest thing anyone ever did for me? Nothing can beat this - my mother giving birth to me into this world.

One of my ex-friends in school not dropping me like a sack of honeysuckle, like everyone else.

Took the time to tell me exactly why they didn't want to be seen with me anymore, why they thought I was a waste of time and also give me an insight into who they really were, by taking the side of the "bully crowd" since it was easier, I guess.

Most of my friends just suddenly stopped associating with me, going as far as to completely blank me at school..guess it was around then when I began standing around not talking to anyone, and it stuck, I guess.

Yeah though the nicest thing they could of done was not just cut all contact and leave me stranded, wondering what I'd done. Despite the overall depressive outlook surrounding it, it was a nice thing.

Frankly, I don't know. Oh well, I guess I'm happy that I've atleast few people who like to listen to me and want to be my friends although it's nowadays really difficult.

monkeysocks said:
Something that really touched you or they went out of their way

I had trouble sleeping and someone read me a bedtime story, so so sweet

A lot of people did a lot of nice things for me.. what I remember now is:
I remember for instance a random guy in the street who gave me a book. I was just walking with my friend, and he saw me and handed me a book lol.
And there was this person who wrote a poem about me :$

There was man in my life a while ago. He did the nicest thing of helping give back so much of my confidence in myself, after years of hiding away.

^ men can amaze and do wonders for our hearts & souls. That's heartening, Grace :)

^ Yes thanks, they can amaze, he did something so special and I didn't even know he was doing it :).

I guess I didn't appreciate it at the time, but years ago I ended up in hospital with acute gastritis and bleeding (not fatal), and my mother went straight to the airport to take a plane and come to the hospital, she was at the market when I called her so when she arrived later in the day she still had a shopping bag full of apples and stuff.

A farmer dropped off a baby turkey vulture chick he found in his barn while removing the hay bails. My son came in with a Hardee's box and was like "Look what this guy over at Grandpa's house gave us." He opened the box and there was this tiny ugly white fuzzy thing. It was either feed it or leave it outside to die. So we fed it. He grew up and loved us. I could call him right out of the sky when he was flying up there so high you could hardly make his features out. It was amazing. We dropped him off at a nature preserve 45 minutes away. It took him a week, but he found his way back here. He brought two others with him who wouldn't come near us. But he did. And then in the fall he flew away for good, south. It was an amazing experience with an ugly little birdy dude but he was so sweet and lovey. And he was very big when he finally left with a wing span of about 5 feet or maybe a little more.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/tara_yvonne_photos/100_7739_zps9f0c71a9-1.jpg

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/...3-a3aa-42c2-9d24-bc383cdac613_zpsde6eaca0.jpg

Latest posts

Back