What is your ideal lover, best friend, or enemy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
My ideal lover is sweet, sarcastic, funny, someone who shares similar art interests as myself, intelligent, with a sense of reality. Someone who has had some difficult obstacles to overcome in their life that made them stronger and more aware of the world. What is your ideal lover, best friend, or enemy?

Someone who will accept me as i am, treat me with respect and not try to dimish me and what i beleive in. Someone who will understand that a relationship is not a power game. Tell it like it is, be respectfull, honest, gentle, funny, secure, and invest in our relationship. Be a true Partner, a team.

Games as in Halo? Or Black Ops? But my all time favorite is the original Gemini that came out with Nintendo 64. Not that good because I get pissed off easily and blame everyone for my losses. I can get pretty mad over it for stupid stuff. But I don't play that much. I'd rather paint or draw something.

My ideal lover? Black hair, grey/blue eyes, slim, likes corsets, lace, velvet gothy style dresses. Preferably Pagan but at least not a hardcore "you're all idiots" athiest. Intelligent enough that we could dominate pub quizzes, I do pretty well on my own I just need a decent partner. Someone who enjoys a drink, being with a rare drinker/t-totaller would be boring for both of us. Enjoys gaming and a wide array of films, particularly horror. A love of, and a desire to keep animals of different sorts including potentially big fish such as an Arrowana, reptiles and dogs are a must. Should be at least financially independant, don't care about the job as long as she works (have known several guys go out with unemployed girls only to become their taxi driver/meal ticket for the duration of the relationship, sod that!). Basically, the type of girl that is ridiculously out of my league.

Ideal Best Friend...no idea.

Ideal Enemy, someone who couldn't beat me?

Perfection is unnatural so I doubt I would want an ideal partner. Sure there are some attributes I prefer (creativity, intelligence, sincerity and an open-mind) but I wouldn’t expect someone to possess them all. When it comes down to appearance I’m open to anything, I really don’t mind.

An ideal best friend would be my complete opposite who can open me to new ideas but laugh at the same things, an ideal enemy would be very similar, someone who is forever teaching me something new and forcing me to view things from a new perspective.

I tend to get alone with people who use hallucinogens. I'd like to get along with someone who has been through as much as I have, has a positive and realistic outlook, inspired by life and knows about things that I don't. I'd like to have things in common but I'm more driven by meeting my opposite in all aspects save they need better communication skills, than I. :D

SignedSierraLynn said:
My ideal lover is sweet, sarcastic, funny, someone who shares similar art interests as myself, intelligent, with a sense of reality. Someone who has had some difficult obstacles to overcome in their life that made them stronger and more aware of the world. What is your ideal lover, best friend, or enemy?

That's me. LETS HOOK UP.

1)My ideal lover: Someone who can make me love her as much as she loves me.

2)Friend: Someone who welcomes me any day of the month, I can openly share my thoughts with and grab a beer or do any other typical bud-activity with.

3)Enemy: I don't know, I'm really not a grudge holding type of guy. I occasionally have opponents, I never have enemies.

My ideal partner?

All the best bits of previous GF's in one tidy little package. :)

Strange thought, I've had 5 serious relationships (if I'm in one I take it seriously so that’s a strange phrase) 8 years, 5 years 18 months 12 months and 6 months and a couple of flings which I will ignore.

If I had to pick one based on the following things I'd look for (in no order of importance)

looks
kindness
physical/sexual compatibility
family orientated (given I had a kid with my first girlfriend this has always been important)
Intellect
personality/Sense of humour

I wonder if my most recent ex would actually come top in any of them? Makes me wonder why I fell so deeply in love with her and was so affected by the break up. Maybe I was just desperate to be completely in love at that point more so than in my past, or maybe love is too indefinable to tick off a list. But I can't overstate how much I fell for her, but when you break it down...I wonder why? Maybe that puts it in perspective for me.

The Good Citizen said:
My ideal partner?

All the best bits of previous GF's in one tidy little package. :)

Strange thought, I've had 5 serious relationships (if I'm in one I take it seriously so that’s a strange phrase) 8 years, 5 years 18 months 12 months and 6 months and a couple of flings which I will ignore.

If I had to pick one based on the following things I'd look for (in no order of importance)

looks
kindness
physical/sexual compatibility
family orientated (given I had a kid with my first girlfriend this has always been important)
Intellect
personality/Sense of humour

I wonder if my most recent ex would actually come top in any of them? Makes me wonder why I fell so deeply in love with her and was so affected by the break up. Maybe I was just desperate to be completely in love at that point more so than in my past, or maybe love is too indefinable to tick off a list. But I can't overstate how much I fell for her, but when you break it down...I wonder why? Maybe that puts it in perspective for me.

I know what you mean about "recent ex". I haven't had many relationships, either, but with each one it was a better person that the last. I thought the last one was it and strangely haven't found anyone better. The sad part is that my recent ex didn't make me a better person, he was stale and unchanging and I'm the type to want to do new things all the time.

As for the first two, a person who is kind, patient, and wise. I have one person with all these things already.
But for enemy.. ideal enemy.. is there such a thing? I wish for no enemy...

Polar said:
SignedSierraLynn said:

That's me. LETS HOOK UP.

1)My ideal lover: Someone who can make me love her as much as she loves me.

2)Friend: Someone who welcomes me any day of the month, I can openly share my thoughts with and grab a beer or do any other typical bud-activity with.

3)Enemy: I don't know, I'm really not a grudge holding type of guy. I occasionally have opponents, I never have enemies.
Those genuine qualities aren't so easy to find.

After typing out my ideal partner it seemed a bit absurd sitting there and rereading what I wrote, heh.

I suppose my ideal companion would be some one of like mind, who knew they didn't need anyone else in their life but themselves, and figured they'd probably be better off with out me, but felt a little tempted by the idea of having some one around to do the dishes, clean, cook now and then, and rub their feet even if I'd rather be playing a video game or doing something else. heh.

I have an ideal friend. You'll know a good friend when you have one.

And an ideal enemy? Some one who is smarter than me, more capable, and more compassionate. Which, is very strange, because such a person would probably not see me as an enemy at all? Good question, heh.

Ledia said:
I dont know if i want to have an ideal enemy :p

Ditto, I was just thinking the same thing. Despite the huge superhero geek I am.

Lover? Hmm, gotta be someone who gets my sarcasm and sense of humour. And can cook, I'm not big on cooking, not that I can't do it, I just don't always enjoy it. I like watching people cook. :D
Best Friend? Same as lover, except the cooking thing. Sex is completely optional. (jk btw)

My ideal lover would be an ideal best friend and also my ideal enemy (talking me out of stupid things).

3-in-1. Fewer people to worry about. :p

flaneur said:
My ideal lover would be an ideal best friend and also my ideal enemy (talking me out of stupid things).

how can your lover be your enemy (wary)

Ledia said:
flaneur said:

There are times when one requires an enemy. For example, in the bedroom. Thanks for making me type it. :club:

flaneur said:
Ledia said:
flaneur said:

There are times when one requires an enemy. For example, in the bedroom. Thanks for making me type it. :club:
Why would you want to have an enemy in bed? Dont you fear she'd strangle you in your sleep (wary)

Latest posts

Back