What is your personality type?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm joining the other ISTJ's.

I was surprised to find most of it to be true.

(linked an article for description)

ENFJ

Extravert(22%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(33%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Solivagant said:
...but some people really like to use personality indicators like this as a shortcut to describe themselves to others. "Want to know what I'm like? I'm an ESFP Gemini! Look it up and read all about me!"

I have a bit of an aversion to being categorized and defined, I don't like assumptions being made about me based on limited parameters. I don't fit neatly into categories, I'm too often an outlier; and that's true of everyone really. But it seems, from what I've noticed, that a part of typical human nature is to want to be categorized. (Just listen to "Harry Potter" fans talk about what Howarts house they belong in, lol.) They do it all their lives, look for labels that suit them so they can feel they belong, exhibit themselves, or just avoid having to explain themselves. (Telling people your zodiac is Cancer somehow sounds more legit to others than just claiming to possess a trait, and is a lot easier than saying you're emotional, loving, intuitive, imaginative, shrewd, cautious, protective, sympathetic, etc.) It's just a shortcut form of expression really, and people are usually eager to categorize themselves before someone else beats them to it.

Not saying I like it.

Anyway... that's my analysis for the day, lol.

Good answers, quite on-target. You win the Internet this morning.

I've categorized people for years, but I just go by how people behave. They put themselves into categories, really..."I'm black", or "I'm conservative". For all my life except for a roughly three-year period (the end of my adolescence), I couldn't fit in & after that period, I either never tried or never made any more than a token effort. These days I don't fit in any of today's political/religious/lifestyle cliques or tribes; hell, even my ethnic identification is tenuous now. And I'm happy with that. I don't try to be "unique" or "different" because I don't need to....these days it's just a matter of consequence.

Whenever anyone asks me my astrological sign, I tell them I was born under the sign of the rabbit. Additional kudos if you know the reference.
:D

Latest posts

Back