What is your weather like right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot.  Not heatwave bushfire hot, but hot.  I'm about to go to bed with no sheets or blankets.

It's not really hot.  This is hot...

Kudos to the American and Canadian firefighters who kicked in and helped. Australian firefighters were asleep on their feet after a twenty hour shift. The Americans and Canadians took over. We return the favour in the Northern summer.

SNOWY. Good lord, I know I'm up north, but 25cm of snow in one night is simply overkill!
I mean YEESH, the stuff is almost up to my legs!  :p

Currently -1 °C
Light snow fall with west to east breeze.
Cloudy and dark; no stars or moon visibility.

Cold, damp, we have more rain coming...

1298009976926_ORIGINAL.jpg

(the bridge is under construction and not damaged by the flooding river)

What it usually looks like.

[img=640x306]http://i67.tinypic.com/n16vyt.png[/img]

I'm lucky I live on higher ground and further away from the river.

^Yikes, that looks pretty bad/scary. Hopefully it doesn't get worse even though more rain is expected!

Some welcome rain this evening, as I write this. Been going for a few hours, but not sure it'll last. Lowered the temperature nicely. It's been a hot, dry summer, and the dams are starting to drop in Sydney (although it's flooding in Canberra four hours' drive away - but that's Australia for you: on fire or underwater). I think we're in an El Nino event? Forget. That stupid Pacific Ocean thing that can make for awful weather in Australia and the North American Pacific North West - and do it at the same time, but in opposite ways. Quite clever of the stinking ratfink ******* of a thing, really. Then his sister La Nina comes along, and she is just as dastardly evil villian-ish (though possibly without the moustache twirling).

Apparently those **** Russians are giving us some weather. honeysuckle is about to get cold around here.

ladyforsaken said:
^Yikes, that looks pretty bad/scary. Hopefully it doesn't get worse even though more rain is expected!

Thankfully we didn't get the thunder storms like they were predicting, it mostly blew over.  It was sunny and windy here today, no more rain for a few days at least.  This is a picture from the local news paper today.  My brother works in one of the flooded businesses in the photo, he might not be going to work tomorrow.
1298010029235_ORIGINAL.jpg

9006 said:
Apparently those **** Russians are giving us some weather. honeysuckle is about to get cold around here.

Gosh isn't it. The last couple of nights have already been so much colder and it is definitely looking to get more so as the week progresses

DId you guys read that scary global warming thing? Yesterday, I think it was. The North Pole was warmer than Europe.

Sci-Fi said:
ladyforsaken said:

Thankfully we didn't get the thunder storms like they were predicting, it mostly blew over.  It was sunny and windy here today, no more rain for a few days at least.  This is a picture from the local news paper today.  My brother works in one of the flooded businesses in the photo, he might not be going to work tomorrow.
1298010029235_ORIGINAL.jpg

Sheesh! That flood looks pretty bad. :\

TheLoadedDog said:
DId you guys read that scary global warming thing?  Yesterday, I think it was.  The North Pole was warmer than Europe.

I did.
Terrified honestly.
Things are not going in the right direction either.
Thirsty? In 20, 30, 40 years from now, we might look a lot more like Mad Max than we thought we would...

Latest posts

Back