What kept/keeps you from suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah, suicide is just a form of escapism. I think it takes more courage to face the loneliness / adversaties and try to overcome them

allanh said:
nah, suicide is just a form of escapism. I think it takes more courage to face the loneliness / adversaties and try to overcome them

I see where you're coming from. But let's face it. A lot of people on here have become quite accustomed to loneliness. I mean, we don't enjoy it but its tolerable. That's why we still go to work, come home, laugh a little, eat, sleep and function normally. At times, we may get down but yep, life goes on.

But for someone to commit suicide takes a lot of courage. It means this person's pain tolerance is zero. He's lost his MIND. We haven't. We can still come on here and rationalize things and encourage each other.

Know what I'm saying? There's no real courage in 'facing' loneliness. To a certain degree, yes, but after awhile, its just like changing your undies.

In my PERSONAL opinion, there is no situation in this world that is beyond help and requires giving up. Just look at Helen Keller ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller ), she was blind/deaf/mute, yet not only did she battle on, she actually was trying to help others. There are millions of people less fortunate/in worse situations than any of us and yet they survive and face everyday struggles.

If people want to kill themselves just because of "loneliness", then they are obviously not trying hard enough to improve their own situations. I am lonely but I in no way believe that I am the most unlucky person in the world.

It takes a lot more courage in bearing long term pain with a purpose in mind than taking short term pain and kill him/herself..... I guess that's why people sometimes call suicide "taking the easy way out".

Just because you can keep living doesn't mean you should. Life isn't a competition. If you aren't happy, you aren'y happy.

not denying people are unhappy. But Unhappiness is not a reason to kill one self. Not saying there is anything wrong with suicide, but there is definitely nothing courageous about it.

allanh said:
In my PERSONAL opinion, there is no situation in this world that is beyond help and requires giving up. Just look at Helen Keller ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller ), she was blind/deaf/mute, yet not only did she battle on, she actually was trying to help others. There are millions of people less fortunate/in worse situations than any of us and yet they survive and face everyday struggles.

If people want to kill themselves just because of "loneliness", then they are obviously not trying hard enough to improve their own situations. I am lonely but I in no way believe that I am the most unlucky person in the world.

It takes a lot more courage in bearing long term pain with a purpose in mind than taking short term pain and kill him/herself..... I guess that's why people sometimes call suicide "taking the easy way out".

Everyone is different and yes I know about Hellen Keller and there are even worse people than her who have survived very traumatic experiences like that guy Dave who was physically abused by his guardian, made to eat his own vomit, etc.

I agree that its not worth committing suicide but everyone is different. A lot of people really do believe there is no hope. Perhaps nobody reach out to them. Perhaps the problem is too big. I know a guy who committed suicide because he was in big debt and he was really depressed. Even 'loneliness'....how do you know what kind of pain some people go through because of this? How do you know how hard they have tried? How do you know any of that? Oh I know what they are called but just becomes someone doesn't decide to take their own life doesn't mean they're doing much change about their lives either.

I'm not in any way encouraging suicide or giving credit to it, I'm just giving my perspective of it despite it being called 'weak' or 'cowardly'.

There is a reason why people who can't commit suicide are called a chicken.

I definitely won't call them chicken

oh, actually , there is one exception: If you still have loved ones around you and your death will result in their (especially your parents/wife/children) sadness, then I will classify that suicide as cowardice/inconsiderate/irresponsible.

In response to OP:

Plain and simple, I am still young, I still have hope.
Besides, if I move and the High School I go to is complete s**t and I don't make friends, at least I won't be in a worse position I am now. And, I still have College/University ahead of me.

allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:

Lol no.

elaborate

Lol means laugh out loud.

allanh said:

oh, actually , there is one exception: If you still have loved ones around you and your death will result in their (especially your parents/wife/children) sadness, then I will classify that suicide as cowardice/inconsiderate/irresponsible.

Then you're an arsehole.

allanh said:

Then you're an arsehole.

In my opinion, you can't attack people because YOU are saddened by their suicide. That's a responsibility you take on when you become affiliated with someone.But anyway, I haven't studied ethics.

Ladysphinx said:
What keeps you from killing your self or how do you fight the thoughts of suicide?

I told the school psychiatrist through a note that i was thinking about all sorts of ways to end my life , He then called up my mother , Police and ambulance arrived at the school too and took me to a psychiatric hospital were i was there for a week.
I don't really think i was going to do it though, it was more like a cry for help.
I love my family and that's what kept me from suicide.
No matter how miserable or depressed i feel, suicide never comes to my mind anymore .

PieBeNice said:
allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:

Lol no.

elaborate

you obviously have no idea of the meaning "elaborate"

allanh said:

Then you're an arsehole.

namecalling doesn't actually advocate anything you say, except for showing your immaturity to conduct a normal conversation

Pheenix said:
In my opinion, you can't attack people because YOU are saddened by their suicide. That's a responsibility you take on when you become affiliated with someone.But anyway, I haven't studied ethics.

yes, and you are affiliated with your family/loved ones (I take it that as being a given)

allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:

Lol no.

elaborate

allanh said:

Then you're an arsehole.

namecalling doesn't actually advocate anything you say, except for showing your immaturity to conduct a normal conversation

Pheenix said:

yes, and you are affiliated with your family/loved ones (I take it that as being a given)

no u

So what you are saying is that they can't do anything about hating you for killing yourself because they were born into a relationship with you? FI can only see yhis argument holding up with siblings)

you owe your parents for all the years they raise you to become an adult and all the love you receive from them. You owe your "filial piety" to them.
For your wife, if you love each other, you owe her your love for the rest of your life.

Anyhow, I view people who suicide being very selfish people unless their death don't affect anyone (who love them) else in a negative way

PieBeNice said:
allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:

Lol no.

elaborate

allanh said:

Then you're an arsehole.

Pheenix said:

no u

waste of time talking to a none-sensical person. You think you are funny but you are not.

allanh said:
you owe your parents for all the years they raise you to become an adult and all the love you receive from them. You owe your "filial piety" to them.
For your wife, if you love each other, you owe her your love for the rest of your life.

Anyhow, I view people who suicide being very selfish people unless their death don't affect anyone (who love them) else in a negative way

PieBeNice said:
allanh said:
PieBeNice said:
allanh said:

elaborate

allanh said:

Then you're an arsehole.

Pheenix said:

no u

HURRR DURRR DURRRRRRR

k

allanh, stop attacking pie (d). He just gives his opinion un

I used to think that suicide is just cowardise but now I prefer not to judge .... no one really knows how hard life is for a suicidal person.

Latest posts

Back