What kept/keeps you from suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wanne change my life not end it..
and im to **** stubborn to give in.
im doing better than i used to.
so im glad i didnt.
but i do understand why anyone would.

Ladysphinx said:
What keeps you from killing your self or how do you fight the thoughts of suicide?

Leaving my autistic brother behind
Burning in hell for eternity
Otherwise I wouldn't be here to be honest

My fear of death, knowing that I want to accomplish more in my life, my family, embarrassment, if there's a hell I might end up there, not knowing there's a heaven and hell for sure, wanting to see The Dark Knight Rises, If I end up a ghost I might get stuck and never ascend to the afterlife, knowing me I'll probably fail and reap the repercussions of what I've done and knowing that I won't go thru with it

Peter Lorre said:
Tomorrow.

Now this just makes me smile. :)

The people I love and who loves me. That's why I think while we are alive we should make as much connection as we can.

Being a pussy helps I guess. :D
Actually I had bad thoughts about ending it all in the past and from time to time, but they were mostly momentary emotions and not something I truly considered in the slightest. Maybe the bag from "American Beauty" had something to do with it. "There is so much beauty in the world".

Ladysphinx said:
What keeps you from killing your self or how do you fight the thoughts of suicide?

My boyfriend, lol and the curiousity of what will happen after i die.

I don't fear death but.. Here's what keeps me from killing myself:
1) I have a HORRIBLE fear of blood or anything scientifically to do with the body. This has more so kept me from cutting myself. Rubberbands :3
2) Though agnostic, suicide is considered as a horrible sin in the Christian religion, which I was raised in.
3) After going through so much, I feel that killing myself would be like saying "okay, I've given up." And even though I feel so god **** down sometimes, giving up after ALL OF THIS just seems...almost stupid.
4) I don't think I'm going to live that long anyway.
5) I'm an empathetic person. I've seen that people tend to, ah, deal rather poorly with death. I tend to deal with it better. I know there are people out there who do care for me, and I couldn't stand to bring any pain to them. I feel that I've already caused enough misery.
6) It would be selfish. To put the end of my pain to henceforth cause pain to everyone around me.

There's probably more, but yeah...

I wanna get married too. I wanna go to Japan. I wanna try kobi beef. I wanna get married.

Fear of the afterlife or lack of afterlife. If there is an afterlife, I'm probly going to hell...or limbo. Not for doing anthing bad, but for not doing anything good. If there is no afterlife, I stop existing and that doesn't sound much better than hell.

Fear of the afterlife or lack of afterlife. If there is an afterlife, I'm probly going to hell...or limbo. Not for doing anthing bad, but for not doing anything good. If there is no afterlife, I stop existing and that doesn't sound much better than hell.

for some it is, but i imagine that there is more than just the issue of being alone present here. perhaps the other members are just too shy or embarrassed to speak the whole truth.

edgecrusher said:
sorry if saying it like this offends anyone here that has had to deal with suicide, but i kind of feels like "the easy way out." there are a few people that i care about enough to not put them through that. and this is how nerdy i am, i think about all the awesome movies and video games i would miss out on.

I'm offended yet I sooo know how you feel about the last thing you said.

11-11-11
Skyrim

That's what I'm looking forward to in life. =D

There is only one thing that keeps me going. While it will sound crazy(and it is) I am being completely honest, I want to see the world burn. I want to see the complete destruction of everything. Now only the Universe can provide what I require to die in peace(its NOT a paradox lol) Everyday there is some event or story that leads me to believe the end is near and sucide is a waste, though I go to bed each night hoping never to awaken.

Oh and I guess that Im a big fat pussy doesnt help me in that arena.

Latest posts

Back