What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I've realized that I like insects and other small animals like that (and other types too).
I feel like they have a right to life, at least something better than being randomly squashed or mowed.

Had to laugh. Just got back from taking a couple yellowjackets outside. They have really been getting inside lately.

graphic.jpg

not my photo

Had to laugh. Just got back from taking a couple yellowjackets outside. They have really been getting inside lately.

graphic.jpg

not my photo

Wow, brave soul! 😄 🐝
I like the fine detail on that picture though.

You must live in a warm place. By me, the yellow jackets, and most other insects for that matter, are mostly done for the year.

I have been known to pick up a yellow jacket/wasp/bee or two, in my time though. Sometimes if I see them on the sidewalk or otherwise in the way, I'll pick them up and move them. Unlike other insects though, I'll usually do it by sliding a leaf underneath them and moving them that way, instead of touching them directly.

That wasn't my picture. Mine don't come out as well.

graphic.jpg

I warmed up for a day or two and that seems to get the yellowjackets moving around here.
I had to remove one from the shower this morning before using it and there is another one around here someplace.
Yellowjackets can be picky about the way you handle them. They seem to protest if pressure is put on them, in fact I picked up one yesterday in a manner that should have caused him to sting me. Not sure why he didn't.

Seeing one of my favorite cars tonight (GT500) and getting to pet one of my favorite dog breeds (Golden Retriever).
The Golden walked right up to me and let me pet him, and I found out he was 3 - still very young.
Always fun seeing more than one of my favorite things on a walk!

I took a mini road trip out to see my friends on Friday with another friend, saw their new house and met their new puppy. And on the way, I saw six hawks (plus one I saw on a walk earlier in the day) for a grand total of seven hawks in one day. That's got to be a record. Plus, I saw two more hawks yesterday on the way back. They were mostly hanging out on the lightposts and the domes where they keep the road salt for the winter, or just flying around by the side and over the roads.

My year end review.
I was a consultant for almost 30 years, and have not had one since my 20s.
And back then, I worked for (and then consulted for) some really nasty companies that treated me little more than a piece of "tech meat".
But today...I saw some things written about me that I never could have imagined!
Nice things. Really, really nice things. I've just never.
Tough getting my head around it.

I was walking on the treadmill today while listening to an old mystery radio theatre show. That went to 40 mins and I wanted to complete a whole hour walking so I put on a disco playlist which really got me moving, so much so that I was fooling around with various dance steps and funny moves. I was having a ball actually and thinking, "If there was a hidden camera streaming this to the world, I reckon I'd have a few people smiling and laughing."

Seeing the regular Sunday crowd at work.

Last night, just when I was coming home from a walk, on the second to last street, what should be coming my way but a Golden Retriever PUPPY. He was still small, just starting to grow from a little guy to full-size. He was full of energy and pulling down the street like puppies do. I asked the owner if I could meet him, and he licked my hand as I pet him, and rolled over on to his back for me. He reminded me a lot of my Golden.

He was really cute, and it was nice to meet him because it's rare to meet an actual puppy. They don't stay small for very long. They're still cute at full size, but at puppy size, they seem extra wiggly.

Last night, just when I was coming home from a walk, on the second to last street, what should be coming my way but a Golden Retriever PUPPY. He was still small, just starting to grow from a little guy to full-size. He was full of energy and pulling down the street like puppies do. I asked the owner if I could meet him, and he licked my hand as I pet him, and rolled over on to his back for me. He reminded me a lot of my Golden.

He was really cute, and it was nice to meet him because it's rare to meet an actual puppy. They don't stay small for very long. They're still cute at full size, but at puppy size, they seem extra wiggly.
Gotta say man, I love puppies of any size ;)

Latest posts

Back