What song always uplifts you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
That's a good song, BJD. One of the only Nickelback songs I like, actually.

About a year ago I was informed that at the fire dept. I worked for we were about to lose our ambulance contract to the County ambulance. That was the start of a long, 3 way political battle between us and them and the hospital with a lot of BS and lies being thrown around.

So every time I came in for my shift, I'd play this on the way to work and during my morning rig check.

[youtube]Aw78NYAv05g[/youtube]

It would get me pumped and ready to provide my best performance to do my part in keeping us going, and help me keep hope that we'd stay working. Whenever I'd put on my uniform to go in for a patient or when we were hauling one down to the bigger hospitals, this song was in my head. It was basically my anthem, and every time we bumped up to Code 3, we definitely Rode. :D

Yeah, we lost the transport contract anyway and they laid all of us off since the payments were basically 60% of our budget. And now I work for the County ambulance that I used to hate :p It was the hospital's fault in the end, though; it was them all along. fresia the hospital. Bah.

YES! I love me some good viking/folk metal. TYR is now a definite on my "buy an album of theirs eventually" list.

I like these guys. It's so heavy, yet so happy sounding. (Btw, English or just singing at all is optional for music, imo.)

[youtube]pj9VmXYGBTI[/youtube]

And now that I see how to put Youtube vids, here's the two Sabbath songs I mentioned in an earlier post, plus an two more I think are also really fun.

[youtube]dbcc2cF-uDw[/youtube]
[youtube]ts6YTeSEv0Y[/youtube]
[youtube]wlW9s_QGyJc[/youtube]

This isn't Sabbath, but Dio. (Even though he's been a part of Sabbath) I've been listening to this song a lot lately. Like for hours one day lol.
[youtube]Nyafm-gnjDs[/youtube]

Wow trip, those guys rock. And hell yeah, DIO!

Do you listen to any Primordial, at all? I used to not be in to black or doom metal, but then I listened to Primordial.

I always feel pretty groovy when I listen to this one
[youtube]z8Vi6h7w0GA[/youtube]

This one's always good too

Man, I love old music :p...new music is...just missin' something. I know i know...as a guitar player I'm biased...but who cares. I'd rather rock out with my cock out than "rock da(dis) club". \m/

My kinda club = :club:

Brian said:
Wow trip, those guys rock. And hell yeah, DIO!

Do you listen to any Primordial, at all? I used to not be in to black or doom metal, but then I listened to Primordial.

I haven't heard of 'em before your post. Now I've been listening to 'em all morning. Great Irish band!

Here's a couple other bands I find really fun.

Korpiklaani
[youtube]3yM3XJZDV0Y[/youtube]

Alestorm (I love these guys :D)
[youtube]99a6DaheLqs[/youtube]

im not religious at all or even spiritually really but something about this song makes me feel better for whatever reason.

[youtube]1CyPt9AJ9B0[/youtube]

I know this may sound strange, but Black Metal cheers me up. Back in '01 I had a really really bad break-up and I litterally could not listen to anything without crying.

So I started listening to Ancient, Mayhem, and Burzum. There is NO WAY IN HELL that could make anyone cry. It changes my mindset and gives me a clear head.

People often confuse Black Metal with Death Metal. Black Metal is not screaming guitars with super-fast growling. Black Metal is melodic and beautiful.

Here is a perfect example

[youtube]/v/luFCBdS5PAs?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/youtube]

As of now probably Listen by Beyonce. I know it seems pretty g** but having controlling parents, everytime I listen to the song I always find the energy and hope to move on and try my best to tolerate my problems concerning them.

QuietGuy said:
No matter how sad I'm feeling, this song (listened to on headphones at maximum volume with maximum bass) never fails to lift my spirits. For me, it literally defines the word "euphoric". It makes me feel like I'm soaring like an eagle high above the clouds in the pure deep blue sky. It's so beautiful, it often brings tears to my eyes. I'm getting misty-eyed listening to it right now.

What's the song that does it for you?

I LOVE IT! *ahem* I love it! It made me smile so HARD! That is exactly my type of music! I love that type of music! That song reminded me of the song,"Just a Dream" by Delerium even though the song is bittersweet, it sometimes made me sad and other times it made me happy but either way it never failed to make me feel peaceful.
The song you posted also reminded me of Venus Hum and Imogen Heap with the surreal lovely exhilarating emotions it gives. I'm gonna listen to it on repeat now. xD

I have too many songs that uplift me because that is what I specifically search for and what I love the most about many of my favorite songs.

The most recent uplifting song I've been listening to is Springtime#2 by Venus Hum, I love everything about this song..I love the voice, the music, I love the lyrics, I love the meanings, I love the free and sweet lovely emotions I feel when I listen to it. I am very grateful for the music from Venus Hum, all the songs are just as magical and uplifting and they always make me smile no matter how I felt before.

[youtube]aS32p12rm30[/youtube]

This part is what gets me the most,

Today my features speak for me
No tones, no words, not a peep
I want to hug you and kiss you on the cheek
So much love flowing out of me

It's the same way I feel sometimes and something I wish to feel every day and this song reminds me of how very real these emotions are. :]

Another of many beautiful songs is,"The Bells" by Venus Hum, the only video I could find with the song in it was this one. :]

[youtube]Ni2QaCRUCbA[/youtube]

here are some other songs that put me in a good mood

Cattle Decapitation - Regret and the Grave (deathgrind)

[youtube]/v/k3LXOtI-WFk?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

Sleep - Dragonaut (doom metal) <---this is one of my favorite songs of all time

[youtube]/v/zj9IAvv32wE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US[/youtube]

Burzum - Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der S. P1 ( black metal )

[youtube]/v/S-x6BU9u0sQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US[/youtube]

Dimmu Borgir - Sorgens Kammer Del II (black metal)

[youtube]/v/D6LjZjHwiDg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"[/youtube]

and a very intense one...

one of the greatest black metal songs OF ALL TIME

Bethlehem - Schuld Uns'res Knoch'rigen Faltpferd (black metal) ....If you pick one of these songs to listen to PICK THIS ONE !!!!!!

[youtube]/v/o3YcCRrgfzY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US[/youtube]

[youtube]2m3oYeVYdvg&p=C00A2CC04D9A0436&playnext=1&index=28[/youtube]

[youtube]_57s1C1_vJY[/youtube]

Be young, be happy, be foolish - Up beat song that represents everything I can't be.

[youtube]osVaF4t-zFc[/youtube]

I love Dusty, sure it's a cruddy love song but the music and her voice are so happy and beautiful that you forget it's a song about pining for someone.

[youtube]Rm2jAP4gUWc[/youtube]

[youtube]E9yNZ17j8Fg[/youtube]

[youtube]KRlOLZ0H4ck[/youtube]

I have to push Dio's Holy Diver again. I went to the store earlier today with this song blaring, singing along as best as I can and just felt awesome. People gave me weird looks and someone smiled. Dio is amazing. :cool:

I just wish I had the remastered version of the album, and a real car stereo system lol.

[youtube]Nyafm-gnjDs[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back