What type of person are you drawn to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know who I'm not drawn to: the picky. I always feel awkward and mildly repulsed around them. They tend not to like me anyway so it works out.

I mainly click with introverts with similar interests. Sometimes it's worth trying to relate to others though.

I tend to be drawn to extroverts, even though I am looking for people who are more like me. Most of my friends are very outgoing and loves to party, which is difficult for me because I have no interest in it whatsoever. What I long for is someone who is kind, awkward like me, and has similar interests. I live in a small town, so finding people like that is difficult.

Cannot find any response from me here since earlier...
For friends: A general acceptance of people, a good sense of humour, a good way of discussing.¨
For partners: Lookwise, I do like long hair. Personality-wise, to not have given up, in addition to above things.
Not too used to wording these things, and I might forget something. However, I tried :p

I'm drawn primarily to depressed people, because I am chronically depressed and they're the only ones who get it. Humor is a HUGE plus, though. That's the only way I can deal with it. I'd love to end up with someone who shares my condition and similarly combats it by being a big ol' goofball.

TheStaggy said:
From both a romantic and friendship perspective, what type of person are you drawn to?

Well, I can find a woman attractive. What I find attractive can range from physical attributes to how rich the woman's personality is or both equally. I can only find a woman attractive from a distance, that is if she is indeed beautiful/gorgeous/attractive. However I can never get attracted to any woman. That can never happen.

I hope you know the difference between finding someone attractive and getting attracted to them? right?

Hence I am not drawn to any type of woman or to anyone as such.

Good question and one someone should analyze about themselves. No matter how hard I tried, I always attracted not very desirable people. Lazy. Not loyal. Sometimes mean.  Never wanted to be fully friends with me;  just friends out of convience. These are the type of people and romantic relationships I attracted my entire life. I might have had very few people in my lifetime who were not like that but I moved so much, I was never able to keep in contact (pre-internet days)

ditakelly said:
I always seem to attract and be attracted to toxic people. I've got to the point now where if I find someone appealing, i just know they will something toxic stuff down the line. The fact that I like them is the first red flag!

This ^. Definitely this. Same exact feeling I have. It took me a hell of a long time to learn it and even a longer time to accept it.

Some answers could be found in human psychology. There are some that throw simplified explanations around, like, "girls marry their fathers" (meaning if the father was controlling, they get a controlling husband, since that is what they know and it seems normal to them). That is only one example, however, and an example is not a definite truth for all situations. A first step is always insight, I say. Better luck, peeps :p

Yukongirl said:
The ones that are obviously interested in someone else

I think I would also have to say this. Plus people that I can't be with anyway for one reason or another.

Well, first I'm drawn to someone's looks, obviously.... I do NOT like cocky men, it's gross.. men who talk about themselves constantly need to shut up..... drunks are also gross... reserved men are hot.... but, I think if I was with someone who was reserved and introverted like me, we'd never go anywhere!! ha

Weirdos: people who belong in another galaxy. People that just happen to be on this planet, but aren't truly part of the mostly disgusting experiment known as humanity.

I guess I like a very rare combination, like me; introverts that really get passionate when they meet someone like-minded.

It's kind of a contradiction when you say "introvert", as most people think of people too afraid of their own shadow, but as one myself, I firmly believe introverts are not timid by default, they are only such in awkward or forced situations with people they don't want to be.

Introverts have crazy passion for things or people worth their time and attention. And there's nothing better than connecting with someone from the same life-vein as you and fully splurging out without restraint, haha.

Maybe it's why I like cats too. Cats and introverts might as well be the same thing; you have to work super hard for their affection and trust, but once you get it, it's unbreakable.

Those are the kind of people I hunt out, as friends and anything more than that.

But I generally can (and do) get along with most, so long as they can hold a conversation, but very few can actually keep up with me when I get going. That's where the rare breed come in.

Someone active, compassionate, honest, thoughtful and non-judgemental who can think outside the box.
Oh and definitely non materialistic.

Independent with a kind attitude and loyal.Also someone that doesn't take life too serious .

I like intellectual, driven, but humble people. People of logical and deductive reasoning. I also appreciate people that are conflicted and self-aware of their conflictions because that's one of the more natural ways to develop critical thinking skills for when a person needs them.

I'm an INFJ, Cancer, single, Male. So, I'm pretty fish-out-of-water in general.

Latest posts

Back