What Was the Greatest Insult You Ever Received?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WishingWell said:
Kat,

I had an abusive husband when I was very young and nothing he "insulted" me with counts. He's the loser! I hope you are doing well now!

Thank you WishingWell. I have some emotional scars, but I am doing better now.

Kat, I am glad for you. I went to years of therapy, because of the emotional damage. I was diagnosed as having PTSD between that the phsycial, and even sexual abuse I endured for 6 years, afraid to leave because he threatened to harm my Mom and Sister if I left or called the Police. I "escaped" though, and am doing very well now, also. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

You are awesome!

"You should be charged with terrorism and shot for hijacking so many threads." [Not from these forums]

When have I ever been off topic...

Trolls, you'll get them no matter where you go. That was ignorant of someone to say though. Hijacking a thread can mean more than going off topic, some people consider it hijacking if you try to turn it into about yourself ignoring the subject, or take over the topic where the OP loses control over it. It happens all the time and is pretty common on forums, but for someone to make a comment like that is just going overboard. Terrorism? Shot? I hope it was more sarcasm and less literally, or that person has a serious problem.

"You are a waste of oxygen, a failure as a person, and should have been aborted."- said by a co worker about 2 years ago

This was the only time (that I can remember) that I ever cried in public. Usually I handle insults much better, but at that time I was flirting with suicide, and it looked more attractive each day.

Now that I am past my obsession with slef harm, I don't care one bit about what he said because he is, for lack of a better word, an *******.

"Look, I just need someone who I feel can protect and support me. I need someone more manly."-my ex

"Why did you and [your ex] break up? What did you do wrong? You know you're never going to meet someone who is as perfect for you as she is, right? Whatever you did you should make it right."-my mom, paraphrased from variations over 3 years.

TropicalStarfish said:
I really had to think about this one, and I can't really put it into any one moment.

^ Me too. I have too many to choose from to single out just one, or a few. I've heard several of the ones already posted in the thread though.

Me: "Why on earth did you cheat on me"?
Ex: "Because I wanted to see you cry, you never did. I love seeing you in pain."

Next year I heard from a common friend that she was raped by 2 drunks and was left on the side of the road all night. I still don't know how to feel about this, but looks like karma is indeed a *****.

Seeker said:
Me: "Why on earth did you cheat on me"?
Ex: "Because I wanted to see you cry, you never did. I love seeing you in pain."

Next year I heard from a common friend that she was raped by 2 drunks and was left on the side of the road all night. I still don't know how to feel about this, but looks like karma is indeed a *****.

:\

^ ehh!

An ex once told me in an argument that my parents spoiled me some how, he couldn't pin the spoilage, so I told him since my family was poor it just must have been their love that spoiled me ... and he sucked at love :D

I remember when I was 7-8 my friend (and the only person ive ever considered a friend) told me "you are just the great mistake of God" its important to note I wasnt atheist at the time, so I told him god makes no mistakes, and he was even more religious than I but he still told me "well, he made one mistake, and it was you" I didnt understand how he could think that, because everyone knows god is perfect.

this guy never smiles (from an area manager in front of staff, the store manager and some customers)

I've received a lot but don't tend to acknowledge or remember them...

*shrugs*

Latest posts

Back