What Was the Greatest Insult You Ever Received?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to know the greatest insult I've ever received? It was the one I received these couple of days from some people in this very thread. Somehow, people have turned me into a pro-rapist, while clearly misunderstanding my point. I tried to explain that I'm definitely against rape, and I still get honeysuckle for it. My whole point was that sometimes life has a way of punishing people for doing bad deeds, in that case my ex cheating on me and hurting me. But, somehow, 3-4 people in here had to gang up on me and insult me to no end. Well, congratulations people, I really hope you are happy for making me feel more miserable than I've been in years.

I'm pondering on leaving this forum now. I'm too depressed at the moment to even think of the many good people I met in here. I already submitted my account deactivation to Sci-Fi, which is pending. The funny thing is, some people have realized something's wrong and have PMed me asking how I feel. Thank you all for caring, but at the moment I'm not in the best mood. I've been here for a year and have always tried my best to understand people's problems and help them deal with them. And this is the treatment I get.

I don't know about it anymore. In case I do leave, to those people who actually care, thanks for having me and thanks for listening. See you around, maybe...

ladyforsaken said:
Seeker said:
I was just plain honest there. Would you rather to hear lies from me, how sorry I was and all this bs? I already said that i don't know how to feel about it, i just believe in karma, that life has a way of getting back at people for hurting others. Nowhere did i mention that i'm glad she got raped, in fact I do agree that no one deserves to.

I don't think he meant to say that the "universe" feels as though she deserved that. He was just saying that life has a way of biting one back in the ass - no matter what the situation is. Everyone is human, everyone has flaws, he did say "he didn't know how to feel about it" -

exactly, karma is like gravity, if you believe in it, a general law of the universe, it is the complete opposite of saying "that ***** got what she deserved", and that is not said anywhere in Seeker's posts, so let's all chill out a bit

Seeker said:
My whole point was that sometimes life has a way of punishing people for doing bad deeds, in that case my ex cheating on me and hurting me.

I think what people were trying to say is that rape is not an equal punishment for cheating. I'm sure you did not mean to make light of rape or imply that someone who cheats deserves to be raped, but that is how it sounded the way you said it, and that's why some people were hurt or offended.

Sometimes things get lost (or added) in translation, purple monkey dishwasher.

I hope you do not leave the forum.

Seeker said:
You want to know the greatest insult I've ever received? It was the one I received these couple of days from some people in this very thread. Somehow, people have turned me into a pro-rapist, while clearly misunderstanding my point. I tried to explain that I'm definitely against rape, and I still get honeysuckle for it. My whole point was that sometimes life has a way of punishing people for doing bad deeds, in that case my ex cheating on me and hurting me. But, somehow, 3-4 people in here had to gang up on me and insult me to no end. Well, congratulations people, I really hope you are happy for making me feel more miserable than I've been in years.

I'm pondering on leaving this forum now. I'm too depressed at the moment to even think of the many good people I met in here. I already submitted my account deactivation to Sci-Fi, which is pending. The funny thing is, some people have realized something's wrong and have PMed me asking how I feel. Thank you all for caring, but at the moment I'm not in the best mood. I've been here for a year and have always tried my best to understand people's problems and help them deal with them. And this is the treatment I get.

I don't know about it anymore. In case I do leave, to those people who actually care, thanks for having me and thanks for listening. See you around, maybe...

For what it's worth I did not interpret your post as pro-rape. I took it as though you were merely questioning if those who go around hurting others end up bringing hurtful things upon themselves.
I suppose it's possible that one person misunderstood what you were trying to say, and the rest was probably pack mentality.

I hope you decide to stay. You have a lot to offer to this place.

Rainee said:
For what it's worth I did not interpret your post as pro-rape. I took it as though you were merely questioning if those who go around hurting others end up bringing hurtful things upon themselves.
I suppose it's possible that one person misunderstood what you were trying to say, and the rest was probably pack mentality.

I hope you decide to stay. You have a lot to offer to this place.

I believe that's probably exactly what happened, and it looks a bit badly for me now, as I was a part of the pack. I've been the subject of pack mentality before, people taking certain small parts of my post out of context, or too literally, and then everyone jumps in calling me a terrible person, etc. It's true, you need to give someone a chance to clarify what they said before you attack. So, don't let my dumb jokes or anyone else push you out...

ladyforsaken said:
I don't think he meant to say that the "universe" feels as though she deserved that. He was just saying that life has a way of biting one back in the ass

Seeker said:
My whole point was that sometimes life has a way of punishing people for doing bad deeds, in that case my ex cheating on me and hurting me.

Concepts like Karma carry connotations of 'justice'. It's clear now that's not what was meant.

OK people, you got me. I got so many PMs to stay it's insane, I never even knew so many people liked me and my posts, so thank you. I'm staying (biggest props for that go to Ladyforsaken and Peaches), but I will take some days off the forum. I just need some time for both me and you to forget the whole thing.

Also, to all the people i inadvertently hurt by my post I apologize, what I meant was misinterpreted and wasn't meant to offend anybody.

See you soon.

^Good and wise decision.. (or else...!) :)

See you around the forum, Seeker. Glad you're staying!

Seeker said:

I still see you saying the same thing. I'm not sorry for what I said. I'm not saying you're a pro-rapist, I don't think anyone was... I also don't think anyone was trying to gang up on you but just tell you how they felt about what you said. I guess it felt that way.

I get it, you were trying to say you think bad things happen to bad people. Most of us know what karma is. If that was your whole point it was a terribly cruel example. Also, the fact that you said you didn't know how to feel about her being raped in your original post about it didn't leave much room for misinterpretation to me.

I'm sure you're a nice guy but what you said just wasn't one of those nice guy moments. :/

Bei said:
I still see you saying the same thing. I'm not sorry for what I said. I'm not saying you're a pro-rapist, I don't think anyone was... I also don't think anyone was trying to gang up on you but just tell you how they felt about what you said. I guess it felt that way.

I get it, you were trying to say you think bad things happen to bad people. Most of us know what karma is. If that was your whole point it was a terribly cruel example. Also, the fact that you said you didn't know how to feel about her being raped in your original post about it didn't leave much room for misinterpretation to me.

I'm sure you're a nice guy but what you said just wasn't one of those nice guy moments. :/

This. (As much as I'm sure me quoting this post and saying so isn't welcome or wanted.)

This has nothing to do with a "pack mentality" or any nonsense like that. No one deserves to get raped, and definitely not because she cheated on you and hurt your feelings. That's one thing most people would be sure of, and yet you stated that you're not sure how to feel about it. I am glad you apoligized for the post, Seeker, but more importantly I truly hope that you see why your comment was wrong.

I'm glad you're sticking around - really. But if I see you make light of what happened to a violent rape again, I will say something. Your intent doesn't matter, you need to consider others before you post such things. So I'll tell you now what I told you in the PM I wrote to you: I want you to stay, but I will always be honest when I see posts like yours - whether others agree with me or not.

Seeker, I've been attacked on this forum by people who have misunderstood my posts. It's really easy to misunderstand people over the internet, and we're all social loners here by definition, so we're more likely to lash out.

I wasn't involved in it, but I'm sorry you were hurt. Give it a few days, it'll all blow over.

Locke said:
Bei said:

This. (As much as I'm sure me quoting this post and saying so isn't welcome or wanted.)

This has nothing to do with a "pack mentality" or any nonsense like that. No one deserves to get raped, and definitely not because she cheated on you and hurt your feelings. That's one thing most people would be sure of, and yet you stated that you're not sure how to feel about it. I am glad you apoligized for the post, Seeker, but more importantly I truly hope that you see why your comment was wrong.

I'm glad you're sticking around - really. But if I see you make light of what happened to a violent rape again, I will say something. Your intent doesn't matter, you need to consider others before you post such things. So I'll tell you now what I told you in the PM I wrote to you: I want you to stay, but I will always be honest when I see posts like yours - whether others agree with me or not.

I still don't see how saying he is not sure about how he feels automatically means that he believes she deserved it. How can you be sure that's what he meant? Did you ask him? People don't always choose the right words to express how they feel.
Perhaps with his reputation of always trying to help others he deserved the benefit of the doubt.

Rainee said:
I still don't see how saying he is not sure about how he feels automatically means that he believes she deserved it. How can you be sure that's what he meant? Did you ask him? People don't always choose the right words to express how they feel.

Because he should be sure about how he feels. One would think that most people with a shred of decency would be disgusted and angry after hearing that someone was raped. Instead, he told us all that she hurt him, and implied that the rape might have been karma's payback. It's sick.

I'm sure he's a nice and helpful guy, but it doesn't matter. People should be called out on it when they say something so twisted. Maybe he should be asking why people have a problem with it, instead of assuming that everyone is misunderstanding and bullying him.

By the way, I didn't need to ask him what he meant when I PM'd him. I already knew. Thinking that someone might have deserved a rape is wrong.

But it's over. I won't argue, what good will it do? Like I said though, when I see those kinds of comments, I will point out how wrong it is, whether someone threatens to leave the forum or not.

Alright, Seeker apologized, others voiced their opinion on how he phrased his words, lets everyone just drop it.

^ Read the post above you. The thread won't be closed unless people don't listen since it wasn't created by those for that intent.

Latest posts

Back