What's your sexual orientation/gender identity/expression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your sexual orientation/gender

• Gay

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Queer

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Asexual of some variant

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Straight

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Transgender

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Gender Fluid

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
TheRealCallie said:
SophiaGrace said:
gabriel20 said:
Monogamy is my personal preference.

That's not a valid answer here! lol

Sounds like the perfect answer to me. Doesn't matter who/what you enjoy, as long as your faithful.

My point is that it isnt a sexual orientation. It is a relationship preference, which is different.

TheRealCallie said:
Sounds like the perfect answer to me. Doesn't matter who/what you enjoy, as long as your faithful.

Nobody can argue against that.

But if I leave the choice between A and B to somebody, I don't expect them to go with C or "I cherish toast very much"...what's the use of a poll then?

Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:

Nobody can argue against that.

But if I leave the choice between A and B to somebody, I don't expect them to go with C or "I cherish toast very much"...what's the use of a poll then?

You won't always get what you "expect."
Because it's a very personal question that doesn't really matter, IMO. I didn't answer the poll because it's no one's business what I prefer. The same applies to everyone else, if they so want it to.. Sexual orientation doesn't matter here, really. Neither does race, religion or gender. I think this is just another way to single people out (whether they post or just do the poll) and try to pry. This is a forum for lonely people, not a dating site, so it doesn't matter and it's invasive. (No offense, Soph)

This is, of course, my opinion and my opinion only.

Hey, slow down...no need for a debate on principles.

I don't recall anybody getting forced to partake in this poll and I doubt anybody felt pressured into doing so either.
Furthermore I think that everyone that willingly participated here did so because he/she already knew there would be no prejudiced and judgemental commentary on our end.

...and this was merely my opinion. Carry on please.

Rodent said:

I don't recall anybody getting forced to partake in this poll and I doubt anybody felt pressured into doing so either.
Furthermore I think that everyone that willingly participated here did so because he/she already knew there would be no prejudiced and judgemental commentary on our end.

Mine too.

Rodent said:

I never said it would be OTHER people "judging" and "prejudicing."

Care to elaborate? Because I think I'm missing your point and I'm trying to understand it. Who's going to judge then?

I have no plans of derailing SophiaGrace's thread any further than that, but I think we should clear up that matter.

Rodent said:
Care to elaborate? Because I think I'm missing your point and I'm trying to understand it. Who's going to judge then?

I have no plans of derailing SophiaGrace's thread any further than that, but I think we should clear up that matter.

Anyone can look at the list and see that they are the only one, causing them to feel bad and like they don't "belong" here because they are "different." I don't think this should be an issue, ESPECIALLY considering the issues that many people have here concerning low self esteem and anxiety.

Plain and simple, IMO, it does not matter what the orientation of a person is. This isn't a dating site, so it's irrelevant. It just serves to put another label on a person and could cause them to feel left out or whatever.

Again, this is my opinion only, it likely does not matter in the grand scheme of things and many people may not agree with me and they don't have to.

TheRealCallie said:
Anyone can look at the list and see that they are the only one, causing them to feel bad and like they don't "belong" here because they are "different." I don't think this should be an issue, ESPECIALLY considering the issues that many people have here concerning low self esteem and anxiety.

Plain and simple, IMO, it does not matter what the orientation of a person is. This isn't a dating site, so it's irrelevant. It just serves to put another label on a person and could cause them to feel left out or whatever.

Again, this is my opinion only, it likely does not matter in the grand scheme of things and many people may not agree with me and they don't have to.

I can see what you mean now.

I still think that everyone has the freedom not to partake here at all.
But in case they do so and end up in that very position you described, I give them enough credit that they'll also proclaim their discomfort about the situation.

Until that happens though, I believe we might just get unnecessarily offended on their behalf.

That's all I have to say.

I am a woman & have only ever been intimately interested / involved with men ...

sigh ... makes me sound rather dull ...

Anne

Im into trees and rocks myself people are too complicated. Im a fieldosexual lol. :sighs i dont know what the hell i am. I like women i guess i been married to one for 16 years and shes okay she hasnt killed me in my sleep. So im good with that, that whole not being murdered in your sleep is pretty sexy to me :)

I'm straight (but not macho). Womens' curves and softness/squishyness are practically intoxicating and enchanting for me. I can see how in ancient times, people may have felt the pull of attraction and mistaken it for some sort of magic spell.

That being said, I often wish I could go back to how I was as a kid so that I would not have sexual thoughts.

I am… boring…

actually for a couple of years I tried to make myself feel a sexual spark for women, because they are awesome, but it simply doesn't happen, stupid hormones

Straight cismale oppressor of course.

jd7 said:
Straight-as-an-arrow-womanheat-seeking-missile-meat-phallus-swinging-neanderthal-love-machine-of-destruction...

In other words: vagina good

Ha... surprised you didn't get a warning for that.

Rodent said:
SophiaGrace said:
I never knew there were a lot of Asexuals.

I wonder if the majority of the 'graysexuals' identify more with asexuality and vote accordingly.

I identified with asexuality since graysexuality & demisexuality are both parts of the asexuality term.

ardour said:
Straight cismale oppressor of course.

jd7 said:
Straight-as-an-arrow-womanheat-seeking-missile-meat-phallus-swinging-neanderthal-love-machine-of-destruction...

In other words: vagina good

Ha... surprised you didn't get a warning for that.

I thought it was pretty funny. :D

I'm honestly curious about this, what is queer?

I'm a pretty basic hetero male, because "fail" isn't an option. Kind of a waste because I had gotten pretty effective before I went to rusty, and then dusty.

Latest posts

Back