What's your sexual orientation/gender identity/expression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your sexual orientation/gender

• Gay

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Queer

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Asexual of some variant

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Straight

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Transgender

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Gender Fluid

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
stb said:
I'm honestly curious about this, what is queer?

From what I understand...Queer is when you don't want to be labeled, but you are on the GLBT spectrum in some way.

It's a way to shoo-away the boxes people try to put you in.

Alma lost her spoon said:
^^who's putting people in boxes?

This Christmas thing is getting outragous...honestly people in boxes, whatever next?

:p

As long as there are airholes and some straw to lay down on, I'm game. :p

Bisexual or homoflexible, depending on how you want to look at it, I suppose. I don't really care. It's a mixture of finding the subconscious-level perception of current gender roles uncomfortable and an actual, gut-level preference for same-gender relationships. Some things that I don't think are appealing with men, like raising a family or slow dancing, sound appealing with women.

I'm a straight guy who always gets mistaken for being bi or gay because I have a low libido. It's also kind of funny to me, even though it gets annoying from time to time.

As for gender identity, I'm slightly androgynous. Slightly. Slim, long hair, tall, thin guy. Although I'm a creative individual, and I'd rather be found either at the hilt of my bass writing music, reading a book, writing, or in the craft store coming up with ideas for my hobbies than I would be in line at a supermarket with chips and hotdogs for a sports game on television. It's just not my thing. Lol. Hell, I haven't watched television or had cable in like six years. I deal in the arts, personally. Because of that, most of my friends are women. I usually have more to talk about with women anyhow, because I don't follow sports highlights, nor am I the go out to a bar or club and try to pick someone up type. I really don't know that much about cars, and quite frankly I don't really care either. I'm more of a motorcycle guy anyway which reminds me I need to get my bike license at some point. Anyway, going off topic there. So yeah. Identity-wise, I think that the ultimate in existentialism comes from both halves of the mind, the male perspective and the female perspective blended together, or the ability to see the masculine with one eye, and the feminine with the other simultaneously.

I presume that I am straight. In my 40 years I have never met a bloke that I found attractive in anything other than a "I wish I had a body like his" sort of way.

It makes me sad that some posters in this thread seem almost apologetic for being straight, like it's bad or boring, lol. There's nothing wrong with being heterosexual!

Solivagant said:
It makes me sad that some posters in this thread seem almost apologetic for being straight, like it's bad or boring, lol. There's nothing wrong with being heterosexual!

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with being whatever you are. Even if you are undecided.

TheRealCallie said:
Solivagant said:

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with being whatever you are. Even if you are undecided.

People often expect me to have problem with homosexuals for some reason. Whereas the truth is that I think that life is very short and if you manage to find that one person who makes each day worthwhile, then that's a wonderful thing - whether you're gay, straight, asexual or anything in between.

Solivagant said:

If you meant me for my previous post apologising, I'm not sorry for being the way I am, but just sorry that it doesn't please everyone - beyond my control and it doesn't really bother me. I am who I am and people have changed and left me for how I am, I'm still surviving nevertheless. Too bad for those who can't accept me for me, or anyone else for how they are.

ladyforsaken said:
If you meant me for my previous post apologising, I'm not sorry for being the way I am, but just sorry that it doesn't please everyone - beyond my control and it doesn't really bother me. I am who I am and people have changed and left me for how I am, I'm still surviving nevertheless. Too bad for those who can't accept me for me, or anyone else for how they are.

:(

I don't think she was talking abuot you but for some reason I feel sad reading what you're writing now, and I don't want to say the reason why in public.

Latest posts

Back