When You Send a message to people on dating sites, do you prefer they ignore you or..

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On Dating Sites, do you prefer to be ignored or have the other person reply with their disinterest?

• Ignore Me

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Tell Me You Aren't Interested

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don't give a crap, rejection is rejection

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheRealCallie said:
Yes, I have been told I look like people that I don't think I look like.  It doesn't bother me.  

And thank you, Amy, that's sweet of you to say <3

Ok. Thats a good.

Amy how about you? Same Question?

I've been told I look like Liv Tyler and the woman in my avatar. I am perfectly fine with both. And if I wasn't, I wouldn't waste my typing ability on it.

AmytheTemperamental said:
I've been told I look like Liv Tyler and the woman in my avatar. I am perfectly fine with both. And if I wasn't, I wouldn't waste my typing ability on it.

I don't know who the woman in your avatar is, but liv tyler is certainly attractive.  But what if tomorrow someone said you look like somebody you didn't think was attractive. How would you approach that?

I wouldn't approach it... I would let it slide and move on with my day

I wouldn't approach it... I would let it slide and move on with my day

So in other words, wouldn't bother you. Phase you in the least?

I am perfectly fine with how I look, in the sense that someone else's opinion of me doesn't shake me. Call me fat, call me ugly, say I look like a troll.... I would happily look like eminem tomorrow.

I am perfectly fine with how I look, in the sense that someone else's opinion of me doesn't shake me. Call me fat, call me ugly, say I look like a troll.... I would happily look like eminem tomorrow.

I hope one day i can achieve such a secure sense of self

Look like eminem?? Really.. no you wouldn't. For one he is a man

Oh boy! This reminds me of my days where I used to actively use a god **** okcupid profile! I got rejected/ignored by everyone I messaged except two girls, who I never heard from again anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather them tell me straight up that they're not interested in me. It ain't like I'm gonna chimpout on them for rejecting me, infact, I would respect them even more for being honest with me, but regardless, I don't bother with online dating sites anymore as they're filled to the brim with desperate guys who message every girl on that website in hopes of getting laid, so the girls on those sites write off every guy who messages them as "desperate" and thus ignores them. Hell, I don't even bother with dating anymore period. I have my ways of dealing with my 'loneliness"more like just being single and keeping to myself, cause to hell with even trying anymore, and I couldn't be happier. props of being a plushophile, also I'm drunk, so I don't even give a fresia if I get ridiculed for making this post, fresia with me!

sbm1990 said:
Oh boy! This reminds me of my days where I used to actively use a god **** okcupid profile! I got rejected/ignored by everyone I messaged except two girls, who I never heard from again anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather them tell me straight up that they're not interested in me. It ain't like I'm gonna chimpout on them for rejecting me, infact, I would respect them even more for being honest with me, but regardless, I don't bother with online dating sites anymore as they're filled to the brim with desperate guys who message every girl on that website in hopes of getting laid, so the girls on those sites write off every guy who messages them as "desperate" and thus ignores them. Hell, I don't even bother with dating anymore period. I have my ways of dealing with my 'loneliness"more like just being single and keeping to myself, cause to hell with even trying anymore, and I couldn't be happier. props of being a plushophile, also I'm drunk, so I don't even give a fresia if I get ridiculed for making this post, fresia with me!

That's a good perspective.  When you say girls write off guys as being desperate. This is coming from a very desperate guy. And that why tinder was invented. And when you are desperate and get ignored at every turn it becomes very detrimental for ones confidence and self esteem. It's tough to stick it out on sites like that. But why would I respect a girl more who says she is not interested? I don't get that? That makes her more sincere since she took 3 mins to write " not my type " vs ignoring. Idk same thing. Maybe offline if she said hi or let me down in a polite manner vs ignoring.  But online I don't see it being any better

You see because its unusual in my mind. You message 100 girls lets says. All ghost you. Then one replies. " sorry I dont think we will make a good match" it's a big wtf!! Its like...wow! A message.
A reply...oh no...it's just someone saying not interested.

Yeah, but it's damned if they do, damned if they don't with you. They ignore you, you hate it, they don't ignore you, you hate it. Btw, when am I getting a pic? :p

You don't control how people reply, only how you react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back