When You Send a message to people on dating sites, do you prefer they ignore you or..

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On Dating Sites, do you prefer to be ignored or have the other person reply with their disinterest?

• Ignore Me

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Tell Me You Aren't Interested

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don't give a crap, rejection is rejection

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xpendable said:
This site has become a joke.

I suggest you stop while you're ahead. You haven't exactly contributed to any credibility, and you've been warned about many things often. So do yourself a favor.

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

No one is forcing you to stay :rolleyes:

My comment is about the concern of new members. I guess you all want to give a good impression to people who recently have found this place as an oportunity for help.

Xpendable said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

No one is forcing you to stay :rolleyes:

My comment is about the concern of new members. I guess you all want to give a good impression to people who recently have found this place as an oportunity for help.

And the new members that you are OH SO CONCERNED about will be perfectly fine with you honeysuckle talking absolutely everything? All because you don't like a few people.  Lol

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
I've made like 10 post in 1 month.

Yeah, and they're all either sarcastic or honeysuckle talking the forum or members of the forum.....  You are oh so helpful :rolleyes:

Better than most of the pages of this thread.

The only one who mentioned something being a joke was Xpendable. But don't worry, he was speaking of the thread I made for you, restless.

Xpendable said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
I've made like 10 post in 1 month.

Yeah, and they're all either sarcastic or honeysuckle talking the forum or members of the forum.....  You are oh so helpful :rolleyes:

Better than most of the pages of this thread.

You always come across like you'd be so much fun at parties...

I think that many people "feel good" about rejecting others and some even do it to people that haven't expressed interest in them. I find the latter to be more offensive.

My strongest memories are from 3 different occasions.

On eHarmony, I paid $60 for a monthly membership and was matched to a man...he messaged me first. I didn't find his photo attractive, but I know that photos can be deceiving and we seemed to have a lot in common. I wanted to be open and thought that maybe we might click. Replied with a friendly message only to be proactively rejected with him saying he's only attracted to women that look like Emma Stone. I wasn't evening expressing interest...I was just responding to his initial greeting!

Another occasion...I was shopping at an electronics store and was looking to buy a music keyboard. The salesperson negotiated a lower rate for me but I wasn't looking to purchase that day. I asked for his business card and he probably thought he was doing me a favour and rejected me; stating he didn't want to give it to me and he has a girlfriend. Like wtf, I wasn't hitting on your rude ass, *******.

Most annoying of all...I was busy working at my cubicle desk and a colleague went inside and told me he was leaving for a new job. I congratulated him and he then said something along the lines that I should check out opportunities at the new company cause it's great. He then stammered and backpedaled a bit...clarified that he wasn't just saying it to me but to everyone. I felt he was concerned I would think he was interested in me. When he said that though, his smile seemed to widen. What an ass.

By some miracle, I'm not single anymore, but good god...if anything were to ever happen I wouldn't even bother dating or meeting people again. I hate people and wouldn't have the strength to go through it any longer. I empathize with you folks experiencing the pain of rejection and it's even more annoying when people go and proactively reject random uninterested people. I hope that you all find some luck quickly.

Paraiyar said:
Restless soul said:
Xpendable is right. being lonley is not a joke

Is anyone implying that it is?

h sorta was..he said the site, has become a joke. 
what do you think he meant?

AmytheTemperamental said:
The only one who mentioned something being a joke was Xpendable. But don't worry, he was speaking of the thread I made for you, restless.

i know. he also said the site. but thanks for making the thread you made for me a big joke ...😖

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back