When "yourself" just isn't good enough

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocratesX said:
You obviously didn't read the post I made in Post # 32 of this thread. Just read it for reference. As I said, I know plenty of muscleheads and army boys who are hardcore gamers. However, most girls would be slightly turned off by a dude who said he did role-playing, unless he was HOT.

Not drinking socially is considered creepy for multiple reasons, I can list why later.

Also, it doesn't matter that you are a nerd if you are a female. You have the option to date fraternity juicers if you want and you have the option to date pseudo-intellectual pretty boys if you want and you have the option to date neckbearded dudes with acne who live in their parent's basement, too.

Being dorky is a turn-on, "cute", for females. It is a symbol of weakness for males.

Okay, you obviously didn't read... the post you quoted.

"Hardcore gamers" could refer to pretty much any game. We are discussing role play... and as I said, there are a lot of non-nerdy people who play MMORPGs. Cute cheerleader types (I even know one who moved on to text based MUDS), average joes, preppy boys, you name it. Role-play has become mainstream. If during a conversation, a guy said, "My friends and I get together and role play sometimes," that wouldn't be the reason for girls to start seeing him as undesirable.

You also took my comment about me being nerdy out of context. I was saying that other than alcoholics, I've never met anybody who rejects men because they don't drink... and that this is not because my social circle is limited to nerds (or men, since you felt the need to bring gender into this).

Dorky men..mucles men. White men
black men . Latino men..bros..homeboyz or whatever the fresia. They all turn me off :p.

Homesty all the dudes on this planet can take a nosedive off the fucken moon for all I care....More babes for me...

Badjedidude said:
nerdygirl said:
Being dorky is a turn-on, "cute", for females. It is a symbol of weakness for males.

Nope.

It may help to define what dorky means.

It may not be the dorkiness itself that's the problem. Certain activities attract certain personality types. You'll probably find that a rugby league will attract different kinds of men than a Star Trek convention.

I knew an IT guy who was also an ex-marine. His dorkiness was very cute on him. For Mr. Bell Bottoms and Scally Cap, his dorkiness started to become a turn off.

If you have enough alpha male qualities for a woman's primal brain to see you as a 'real man', then having a softer side like being a computer nerd or growing flower gardens is attractive. However, if women on a primal level view you as a weak male, then these softer qualities can be more of a turn off.

Latest posts

Back