WHERE DO YOU MEET PEOPLE?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my head. They are called imaginary friends. The best friend you'll ever have. The only friend who is there for you and won't reject you and you can 100% trust about anything.

I find this pretty hard myself. I am actually going to school now and I can get involved with clubs and events, but before I had no idea.

I mean who goes to a bar or club by yourself? Even though lots of times I felt like it. The bar or club is not really my thing anyway, but whatever.

Its hard, no doubt. Its also hard to meet people online and meet them in real life as well.

You might want to check this out:

Its called meet up. Where people make events which relate to your interests and you just go. Its hard for me because where I am, no has events and no one goes to the ones I make.

Worth a try though. http://www.meetup.com/

If any of your interests are something people typically get social about (anime, gaming, chess, dining, pets) there's probably groups in your area. For people who have trouble starting conversations, these can be very helpful as you'll be meeting regularly over a common ground. I think if you have to sit down on opposite ends of a chess board, you'll have to talk about something a little more interesting than bad pick up lines or the weather eventually. People who want someone to meet them at the dog park and keep them company while their pets have a play date could easily turn out the same way.

Definitely check meetup.com.

For anyone reading who has problems with anxiety, there might even be support groups locally.

Latest posts

Back