where was the farthest

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Los Angeles to Phillipines. I was a freaking giant other there. I could easily see over the top of most people. Several times I hit my head on the signs at the food courts. I had to order three of their meal deals in order to get the equivilent of one full sized lunch here. Their drink were two swallows. So, I used all three cups that came with the meals. I barely fit into their kid sized tables. Many were stairing at me. It was really funny.

Most had very little over there. At the time $100 american money was one months wages other there. I was considered rich. I really enjoyed handing out US twenty dollar bills to anybody that was nice to me. And OMG! They acted like I just bought them a new car or something.

The flight over took 26 hours. There were head winds and we had to make a stop for more fuel. I thought we would never get there. The flight back took 18 hours. I slept maybe a total of 1 hour. I hated being couped up for that long.

Los Angeles to Phillipines. I was a freaking giant other there. I could easily see over the top of most people. Several times I hit my head on the signs at the food courts. I had to order three of their meal deals in order to get the equivilent of one full sized lunch here. Their drink were two swallows. So, I used all three cups that came with the meals. I barely fit into their kid sized tables. Many were stairing at me. It was really funny.

Most had very little over there. At the time $100 american money was one months wages other there. I was considered rich. I really enjoyed handing out US twenty dollar bills to anybody that was nice to me. And OMG! They acted like I just bought them a new car or something.

The flight over took 26 hours. There were head winds and we had to make a stop for more fuel. I thought we would never get there. The flight back took 18 hours. I slept maybe a total of 1 hour. I hated being couped up for that long.
That's too funny 😂 finished

I live in Florida, I'm 34 years old, I travelled to Algers, Algeria and Paris, France when I was 17 and stayed there for 3 months (basically an American Summer break from school) and we went to Morocco for one weekend while I was there.

I've also travelled from Florida, to New York and back, and from Florida, out to Washington state and back.

I took a plane up to Minnesota when I was 16, but it was only for 3 days and I don't remember much from that trip, unfortunately.

That's all the travelling I've done. So I've seen 36 states, and 3 countries.

I love travelling. If it wasn't so expensive I'd do it way more often.
I did the brunt of it when I was younger on purpose, figuring that I'd rather fight poverty in my age with the memories of having experiences worth having instead of without those memories, which would have impacted me on a personal level of maturity and growth. It is true that it probably would've been financially better to travel later in my life, but to experience what I wanted to experience was very much part of youth culture and wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense to do in my older years.

Idaho, little place called Boisey, by bus, with 20 bucks in my pockets, pre-9/11.
That was an adventure 😉

Well would you ever want to someday?
of course, I had the opportunity when I was younger and with a better income, but I had too much anxiety about going in a foreign country for the first time, with a group of unknown people (and maybe being exposed to embarrassing situations) ... now I think I'm old enough to go in a pilgrimage for example, with an organized group of peaceful people, maybe I should give it a try one day although I'm not a religious person

I live vicariously thru my children. My daughter has been to seven countries in Europe and Isreal. My son Greenland and Australia. As for myself, I traveled to Mexico many, many years ago. A trip to India is on my bucket list.

I'd like to travel, but doing it alone isn't appealing to me. I would probably walk around the city, look around at the people and things, and then realize that the city is like any other city and want to go home. I'd also have to find places to eat by myself and won't get to eat at the nice restaurants. I might look into group tours, but then I'd be stuck on a schedule with other people in the group, which might be a drag. So as much as I'd love to see every corner of the planet, I'm not sure it will happen. I'm most comfortable in my neighborhood, because it's familiar. I enjoy being alone, but I don't think it's practical if you want to travel and experience new things.

I'd like to travel, but doing it alone isn't appealing to me. I would probably walk around the city, look around at the people and things, and then realize that the city is like any other city and want to go home. I'd also have to find places to eat by myself and won't get to eat at the nice restaurants. I might look into group tours, but then I'd be stuck on a schedule with other people in the group, which might be a drag. So as much as I'd love to see every corner of the planet, I'm not sure it will happen. I'm most comfortable in my neighborhood, because it's familiar. I enjoy being alone, but I don't think it's practical if you want to travel and experience new things.
very true,I was on a group tour with my mom,when I went to Norway,it was so beautiful,all the people were so nice that we're also on the group tour,mostly all of the people were from Canada that was on the group tour,lots of people from Canada.

I've been as far west as Wyoming, as far east as Washington DC, as far south as Louisiana and Florida, and as far north as Minnesota.

Watching the show Hawaii Five-O makes me want to visit Hawaii someday.

Where was the furthest you have traveled?For me it was overseas,to Norway,I went to Norway back in 2019,it's so beautiful there,I wish I could live there.
I had to check with google earth. Melbourne VIC, Australia to Boston MA, USA is the furthest at almost 17000 kms. I've traveled a far bit, but that's the furthest distance-wise.

I was born in Utah, then I lived in Puerto Rico for a couple years when I was younger, so I've been back and forth across in the US but never outside of the country!

Latest posts

Back