Where would you live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Terminus

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be? What would your dream home be like?

I would live somewhere around the mediterranean sea, maybe Greece, Italy or Turkey. I really like the climate, history, culture and food around this part of the world.

I would have a big house somewhere along the coast, far from any other residents. It would have alot of land around it, so I could grow my own food and stuff. Ah, the freedom and serenity! :D

Your turn! :)

Terminus said:
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be? What would your dream home be like?

I would live somewhere around the mediterranean sea, maybe Greece, Italy or Turkey. I really like the climate, history, culture and food around this part of the world.

I would have a big house somewhere along the coast, far from any other residents. It would have alot of land around it, so I could grow my own food and stuff. Ah, the freedom and serenity! :D

Your turn! :)

I would like to live in exactly the same place....maybe a villa in Northern Italy.
TEI2570.jpg

Although, this would suit me just fine as well:
Austria-Alpine-meadow-chalet-flower.jpg

wow just one place? i think i would like a few, and i could travel between them as i felt like it lol

lately i have been thinking a lot about italy, so somewhere on the west coast in a more traditional italian home / villa style....so if i had to pick one place that would be it for now

Near Wild Wood, NJ, or Smithsville, NJ... Or anywhere close to the beach back in NJ.

A log home in Norway, with a huge fireplace and decks on both of it's two stories. Replete with Viking decor and a massive personal library done in cherry paneling, and a big comfy chair. And a wine cellar.

Sicily sounds good too.

sarasota florida or some place like that where SAD is not a disorder just an emotion, sure it's filled with old people, but the sand on the beaches were just so white and soft, the seaguls would waddle right up to you to take a little nibble out of your sandwhich

:)

Wow evanescencefan91, I live quite close to Sarasota. I go there maybe once a month to raid their Whole Foods market. It is a pretty amazing place to roam around but you're right. There are a lot of old people but they're easy to get used to. More so than college students anyways.

If I could live anywhere I think I would live in country parts of Florida. Away from the cities and society in general. It would be awesome to own land and grow my own vegetables or something. I think I would enjoy the quiet most and all the nature that would be around me.

Iceland sounds like a place that i would like. Some drawbacks but good as a whole.

Under a rock in a cave on Mars, with my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears repeatedly saying "la la la la la la la...."

The country I would like to live in must comply these necessary conditions:
1. Healthy natural enviroment (woods, lakes, mountaigns, well-differentiated 4 seasons, good air)
2. Healthy human environment (educated peacefull people, advanced technology, low criminality)
3. Protestant religion
The candidates are:
1. Finland
2. Sweden
3. Norway

For me, it would have to be a centuries-old castle or manor house in the British Isles....England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales - doesn't matter which, as long as it's far away from people and I have lots of land and green, rolling hills to look at. Black and white cows grazing in the distance would be a big bonus. The castle would have to come furnished with authentic medieval/Gothic outfittings and would have to include a cherry-wood panelled library...Oh...And a resident ghost or two would be pretty cool, too. :)

In all seriousness, lately I've had a thing for New Zealand. It seems so beautiful and scenic, as well as isolated for the rest of the world. If there is any place to get away from World War 3, that would have the best chance of being it.

Antihero said:
In all seriousness, lately I've had a thing for New Zealand. It seems so beautiful and scenic, as well as isolated for the rest of the world. If there is any place to get away from World War 3, that would have the best chance of being it.

Agreed...I lived in New Zealand when I was just a kid, but I remember it vividly for some reason. We lived on the South Island, near a town called Invercargill. It was beautiful - I'd definitely like to live in New Zealand too.

Latest posts

Back