Why are guys homophobic?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanescencefan91 said:
Also not everyone has the same body type, and man seriously gay men ( sorry don't mean to sterotype) but gay guys are a pretty gym going people, and man really have you seen some gay guys they are really buff, have you seen some of them shirtless, i mean seriously

My neighbor is like that. He goes to the gym everyday. The sad part? Those that bully him at school for his sexuality are wannabe thugs that harass people in packs.

He could destroy one or two pretty easily. But not in packs of six or seven guys that look like they may carry a switchblade or gun. Not uncommon in this city.

shells said:
evanescencefan91 said:
Also not everyone has the same body type, and man seriously gay men ( sorry don't mean to sterotype) but gay guys are a pretty gym going people, and man really have you seen some gay guys they are really buff, have you seen some of them shirtless, i mean seriously

My neighbor is like that. He goes to the gym everyday. The sad part? Those that bully him at school for his sexuality are wannabe thugs that harass people in packs.

He could destroy one or two pretty easily. But not in packs of six or seven guys that look like they may carry a switchblade or gun. Not uncommon in this city.

What area do you live in? Detroit or something.

SocratesX said:
shells said:
evanescencefan91 said:

What area do you live in? Detroit or something.
Not quite. Las Vegas, lol.

grainofrice24 said:
HOWEVER...when I say homophobic, perhaps I should have said "the fairly common male sexual insecurity". In other words...WHY men would refuse to share a bed. To me, that discussion can't be made without bringing up "homophobia" (or sexual insecurity). I suppose it is unfair to generalize...but the reason I'd sleep on the floor instead of in a bed with another guy is because "I'm not sleeping with another guy!" (and I was under the impression most guys feel the same way...but if not so be it).

Thanks for taking the time to explain your position a bit... but you're still connecting two only slightly related issues.

Homophobia is NOT synonymous with sexual insecurity. Homophobia simply refers to a fear of same sex issues or gay people.

Just as an example: If I don't want to share a bed with another guy, it could be for any number of reasons... like maybe I don't want him farting all over me. Guys fart in bed! Or maybe he'd hog the ******* covers (most guys do)... or maybe there wouldn't be enough room, seeing as how generally men have larger frames than women. It doesn't necessarily mean it's because I'm somehow afraid that he'll rape me in my sleep or I'll feel his morning wood and then have a sexual identity crisis.

By the way, I have slept in the same bed as other guys before. I'm sure we've all been on trips or had situations where that was necessary or expedient. Would I do it again? If I had to. I don't particularly enjoy sleeping with men.

It has very little (if NOTHING) to do with the sexual aspects of it.

With that said...

There are plenty of men who would rather DIE than sleep in the same bed as another man, because they are the sort who'd be afraid of it or maybe feel their sexuality as a man is under attack.

My main argument with you is that you said that EVERY man is sexually insecure and homophobic. And that type of generality is pretty ignorant and far too sweepingly inclusive to be true.

Gays are often really into art, so that's something that I could have in common with a gay dude.

It's probably easier for teh gayz to draw with their limp wrists and everything.
:rolleyes2:

*pats your arse*

think is for the stereotypes or roles we are taught in our early years(school,church,society in general), and when we see something different we got in fear and fear leads to aggresion

Its the magical "THIS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS" thing.

wresponpanfruit said:
SocratesX said:
I am cool with gay guys as long as they are manly and act like men. I think the lisping, the limp wrist, and the funny walk is just a big act to get attention that I dont respect. Gays are often really into art, so that's something that I could have in common with a gay dude.

I have no problem with people being gay as long as they keep it to themselves. The act repulses me, but it's not up to me to tell people what to do in their bedrooms. I honestly think everyone's a little bit bi. I don't think there's anything wrong with being a homosexual as long as they are responsible sexually.

But honestly, I think alot of gay men put on the "act" to get attention and claim "victimhood" behind a minority status. I'm all for guys being into art and fashion (I am myself) and not being football-watching meatheads, but I think alot of gays were driven to being gay because they were alienated by meatheads. Which is ashame because dudes shouldn't be called "faggots" for being into art and drama.

Here's my issue though. I used to be a beta male that got sexually harassed by bigger dudes in his early teens and called faggot all the time. I went to the gym, the MMA mat, and now nobody fucks with me anymore. But the psycological scars are still deep. In a sense, it makes me angry that some gay guys use their homosexuality as a victim card and call themselves an "oppressed minority" and act effeminate instead of toughening up and fighting the meatheads who bullied them.

It sounds like you've got a ways to go before you're over your homophobia. :p

I think he means that some gay men are intentionally acting more gay. if you are homosexual then you don't need to "act gay" just as if you are a male you don't need to be macho to prove your manhood or dress like a pimp to prove you are a dominant heterosexual. People who do this usually aren't being themselves anyway.

misa said:
I think he means that some gay men are intentionally acting more gay. if you are homosexual then you don't need to "act gay" just as if you are a male you don't need to be macho to prove your manhood or dress like a pimp to prove you are a dominant heterosexual. People who do this usually aren't being themselves anyway.

They need to stop acting like sissies and flaunting their sexual preference if they want people to stop looking at them with disgust and hate. They don't be born with a limp wrist, stupid voice and a bright pink t-shirt with "GAY GAY GAY!!!" written on it (no)

Punisher said:
misa said:

They need to stop acting like sissies and flaunting their sexual preference if they want people to stop looking at them with disgust and hate. They don't be born with a limp wrist, stupid voice and a bright pink t-shirt with "GAY GAY GAY!!!" written on it (no)

Wow.

They arent harming anyone. I dont think they deserve to be hated and treated with disgust.

Wow, I notice that gay people don't seem to be treated too well on this forum as opposed to other ones I've been to help people, etc.

While I, and even everyone I know who is gay also thinks the flaming bit is REAL annoying, that's up to them I guess. But more importantly:

I don't think it matters who you love. I've seen a same sex relationship in my time that was so special that it would be sheer craziness to even question it.

No one deserves to be hurt or treated like they're garbage because of something so....
Wow, someone is gay. great. Does it really need to be a big deal at all? I just don't see such, or any difference to be honest.
By hurting other people's feelings, we're just part of the problem with evil in this world.

1st it was black people now gay people and what next? aliens?

SophiaGrace said:
Punisher said:
misa said:

Wow.

They arent harming anyone. I dont think they deserve to be hated and treated with disgust.

Lol I didn't say they deserve it.

Mairk said:
Wow, I notice that gay people don't seem to be treated too well on this forum as opposed to other ones I've been to help people, etc.

Did you even read this entire thread? Or just the last seven comments or so?

I'd surely love to know how you can judge the entire forum's outlook on homosexuality based on a few comments from a couple (one or two) members.

I feel really bad for a lot of gay men and women. I guess what really made me feel horrible was a video I saw once, it had this black woman protesting gay marriage. This black woman stood there crying, she was saying how she was so happy they listened to her and were denying gays the right to get married, those were tears of joy.. apparently. It just made me think back to when a white man or woman could have easily switched places with her many many years ago. Crying over how glad they are that a black man can't marry a white woman. I guess it's disheartening to see people who have experienced this kind of thing first hand, go out and do it to the next batch of people. It's a good eye opener I guess,[/i] still a sad thing to see. I've been alone for a long time now, I would never deny someone a right like that, especially when they were far more lucky than I am to actually find it.

Punisher said:
SophiaGrace said:
Punisher said:
misa said:

Wow.

Lol I didn't say they deserve it.

what did you mean?

I can't speak for Punisher but it sounds to me like he is saying that those who intentionally exaggerate stereotypical characteristics and flaunt their sexuality may not be working in the best interest of gaining acceptance.

Yea. People who attract negative attention to themselves on purpose are gonna get honeysuckle for it.

Badjedidude said:
Mairk said:

Did you even read this entire thread? Or just the last seven comments or so?

I'd surely love to know how you can judge the entire forum's outlook on homosexuality based on a few comments from a couple (one or two) members.

Err...that's not quite what I meant; I think I said that rather wrong.
In fact i forgot why I said that at all.... x.x Definitely not the right wording, but these days I've not been good with that. 'treated too well' was rather incorrect to say.
Not judging ether. Sorry if I sounded sorta like that.

Minus said:
I can't speak for Punisher but it sounds to me like he is saying that those who intentionally exaggerate stereotypical characteristics and flaunt their sexuality may not be working in the best interest of gaining acceptance.

That's exactly what i meant. Thanks :D

Latest posts

Back