Why are you alive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why am I alive? cause I want to, many people depend on me plus I love to have them around me, Not gonna leave this world until my work is done here ;)

Just waiting to go back to first state.
I figure life on Earth is the interim, the place where people get sent if they did something bad in the afterlife.

I try to understand that part of it is perspective. Worthwhile, not worthwhile... the frame of mind that is depression tilts it heavily towards one direction.

Sometimes I wonder where the point is if there's so much suffering, but there's always potential for things to change. My three years ago is not my today, and ultimately it goes against my desire to do and be something to just stop.

If it ever got truly hopeless I'd be much better off cutting all my connections and going to live in a new country, traveling the country and sleeping in my car, something crazy. If it didn't matter anyway.

But I'm still here, so I suppose it does.

For me,,,,,I just ain't kicked the bucket yet,,,,,,,,,  :shy:

PenDragon said:
Why am I alive? cause I want to, many people depend on me plus I love to have them around me, Not gonna leave this world until my work is done here ;)

Boring,,,,,,,just kidding

I'm mostly still alive because that is the path of least resistance to be honest. 

I am like water flowing down a hill...

Hope for the future, although it sometimes feels like it's false hope....
I'll never take my own life, I know that, but there are days that I'll go to bed and wouldn't mind if I never woke up.

Friedrich Nietzsche was a proponent of the concept of eternal recurrence. Essentially, everything that has happened and will ever happen will repeat exactly as it has and will all over again for all eternity. Similarly, physics describes how reality functions on different dimensional planes. We exist in four dimensions, but if, for instance, we are observed from the perspective of a fifth dimension, time would appear flat and circular. Every moment and place within our four dimensions would exist as a superposition of cause and effect, all of history playing out in one instant forever. So, there could be some scientific basis for the concept of eternal recurrence. However, that isn't the point. Nietzsche was a proponent of the idea, but only because of the opportunity it presented for the ultimate affirmation of life. He asked the question: "What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'"

Why am I alive? As an existential nihilist, I do not believe that life has any inherent meaning, but we, as conscious humans, have to give it meaning in order to affirm our existence and struggle. I am alive because the meaning I have given to this life is the search for that one moment that would make me answer the above question with nothing but joy, the singular moment that would make every single negative worth repeating just so I can experience it again and again forever. Maybe I will never find that moment, but I exist to try.

I live because I was born.
It is the reason but there is no sense.
No sense to keep living anymore.
Maybe it is strange, but I do not know what I live for.
I have no dreams, no goals.
I have no girlfriend, no children, no friends that would miss me.
I just want to see what will happen to my life and to the world in future.
At least, I have my hobbies -- maybe they help me keep living.

I am alive just because I don't want to take my life .god has given this life so I have no right to end this.no matter how sick is my life .I have to live .

That’s what I’m thinking too.
Let’s see how far this road takes me before I jump.

I used to want nothing more than to die because I thought I was a waste of space.

I still don't think I am of value as a person, but I have roles that give me a reason to keep going now. My existence matters to my rescued dogs. I also support my parents, so until they are gone, I need to be around.

And as a teacher, I see that my existence can (maybe) have an impact on children. I try to engage the lonely/isolated/academically weak kids in school and hope that it will make them feel like they are not forgotten/overlooked. I don't know if it will help in the long run, but I like to think for a few hours at least, these kids feel like okay, someone notices me. 

I don't know if I will want to continue living when I am old/retired but for now, this drives me to live.

While I can still say it, I've come to the conclusion that I'm addicted to love and compassion. Only thing that keeps me going whilst kills me the most lol. Colour me cheesy or whatever you'd like. I know who I am lol.

Latest posts

Back