Why are you alive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the symptoms of anhedonia?
The symptoms of anhedonia can include:
  • social withdrawal.
  • diminished pleasure derived from daily activities.
  • a lack of relationships or withdrawal from previous relationships.
  • less of an interest in previous hobbies.
  • a loss of libido or a lack of interest in physical intimacy

What are the symptoms of anhedonia?
The symptoms of anhedonia can include:
  • social withdrawal.
  • diminished pleasure derived from daily activities.
  • a lack of relationships or withdrawal from previous relationships.
  • less of an interest in previous hobbies.
  • a loss of libido or a lack of interest in physical intimacy

Wow...except for the "loss of libido and lack of interest in physical intimacy", that sounds like me.
And even then, some days I'm "meh" on that, too.

Wow...except for the "loss of libido and lack of interest in physical intimacy", that sounds like me.
And even then, some days I'm "meh" on that, too.
I posted this to illustrate that it may not be as easy for some to pull out of the dumps by taking traditionally recommended steps and go chasing butterflies. Sorry to hear the shoe fits. Its not listed, but I found more symptoms ie inability to feel joy. Bummer.

I posted this to illustrate that it may not be as easy for some to pull out of the dumps by taking traditionally recommended steps and go chasing butterflies.
I totally agree. I never doubted it. It's hard to want to do much of anything at all, when you feel deeply that there is no way out of your situation.

I think life is difficult for everyone, we all have our challenges regdless u have a disability or not. The reason to live is just to live. I have many challenges and sometimes i just wish i was dead, but i think there the way, we just have to look for it :)

I don’t feel alive sometimes, I feel like I just exist and I look forward to the day that I don’t, I’m good to go.

What makes you keep living?
What pushes you to do the hard work so that you can live another day?

The hope that, however unlikely it might seem, I might break free of all my problems someday.
The hope that I just haven't discovered the answer yet, or that I missed something somewhere, and that I'm wrong about it being hopeless, even though that's how it feels most days.

It's frustrating, tiring, and disheartening to keep going on hope alone. But I remind myself, I've been wrong about things before, especially about things looking hopeless before, when I was so certain I was right about things being hopeless. So maybe I will be wrong again.

Last edited:
Simple. I'm alive because I'm not dead. But 😲what if I am dead? What if I am experiencing a dead man's dream😱???

Simple. I'm alive because I'm not dead. But 😲what if I am dead? What if I am experiencing a dead man's dream😱???
I’ve come to think that the universe is a four-dimensional site in which nothing is changing and nothing is moving. The only thing that is moving along the time axis is our consciousness. The past is still there, the future has always been here. Every moment that has existed or will ever exist is all part of this giant hyper-moment of space-time.

If you think about a standard journey in three dimensions say, being in a car driving along a road, the houses you’re passing are vanishing behind you, but you don’t doubt that if you could reverse the car, the houses would still be there. Our consciousness is only moving one way through time but I believe physics tells us all those moments are still there and when we get to the end of our lives, there’s nowhere for our consciousness to go, except back to the beginning. We have our lives over and over again.

Last edited:
In that case dead and alive are actually just the same thing😲.

"and death shall be no more"

-Revelation 21:4

Latest posts

Back