Why do I mentally "stack" things?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saurus

Reaction score
So, a while back, I was about to post a thread in relationships. Then I guess I basically became uncertain of how people would react to what I posted.

Then I started typing a draft in misc where I find that I am creating a new problem where I try to ask about..
Wait wait..

Okay, so I typed a draft in relationships where I expressed some stuff I was really nervous about posting. Then I guess(?) I had problem where I tried to justify.. uh..
tried to explain that.. **** it.

I tried to make post in misc where I described how hard it was to post that thread and also how hard it was to post an explanation of it being hard...

I don't know why, but my mental process was like this:

1) Ask questions/express thoughts
2) I find myself unable to ask those questions/express those thoughts
3) I try to explain that I'm having problem I am having trouble explaining
4) I have trouble writing the explanation of the explanation...
5) ???
6) I rewrite the post in a completely new draft.
7) Continues to a or b:
a. Find that each level of removal from the original subject feels slightly better, yet I can never really escape feeling uncomfortable about posting
b) possible vicious cycle of edits
9) Feel like the only way I can actually get to the initial question is to go through this weird shell I've created first.

EDIT: Oh god it posted and I can't make it a draft again. Why god. I did not mean to do that at all.
EDIT: And there is no delete button...

What you need to figure out is why you're uncomfortable with posting. What do you feel will happen if you don't make edits?

A lot of people have a little nervousness about how their post will be perceived, but it's best to just think that it's not going to be that bad and that you can clarify anything if needed.

The detail is the hardest and most uncomfortable part to post. You could try just giving the short basic outline of your problems and not giving the detail, then reveal the detail gradually through short replies.

Latest posts

Back