why do people label age?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
Boomer, Gen Yada blah blah, whatever. I don't get the need.

These labels or any other. I don't understand,.. this, or a lot of things.

Beyond my simple nature.

Am I using this forum appropriately?

Does it matter.?

My thoughts, irrelevant as such, require space beyond my melon.

The purpose is for socio-economic upkeep.a

Baby Boomers are called Baby Boomers because when the torch was passed to them, they didn't know what to do, so they had kids.

When Generation X got passed the torch, they didn't know what to do, so they created Consultation careers.

When Millennials got passed the torch, erm, we kinda fumbled it a bit. But that's when Internet Business became a thing. The trouble is that each generation is larger than the last, and with Millennials, it's sort of divided. Half of us are old enough to remember what life was like before the internet and what needs to get done, and the other half of us that was before their time, and so they struggle with trying to correlate direction now that context seems to be lost.

And Gen Z sees our fumble, gets terrified that it might happen to them too, and defaults on traditionalism by going to college, but also like later Millennials seem to not be able to find a clear punchline or contextual meaning to anything, because of how scattered unregulated media content has become (as opposed to television and film BEFORE the time of the internet).

People divide age groups into labels for socioeconomic timeline purposes. That's all that it is. It's business and economics lingo.

It's human nature to put people in groups and label them. It's also become human nature to become a victim once they establish themselves part of some group.

Boomer, Gen Yada blah blah, whatever. I don't get the need.

These labels or any other. I don't understand,.. this, or a lot of things.

Beyond my simple nature.

Am I using this forum appropriately?

Does it matter.?

My thoughts, irrelevant as such, require space beyond my melon.
I do so because I'm a qualified archaeologist and archaeology is a social science. When using terms like Gen X, Y Zed, Alpha and so on to converse colloquially it helps to place the individual's formative years within a historical and social context.

I'm a "boomer." No kids. No college degree
Don't you mean Boomhauer. Ha! ha!

iu

I'm Generation X, that I am aware of. Millenials slot in somewhere around 1984 - onwards. Likewise, I am supposed to frown upon these. Where Gen Z starts, erm... Seems like everything is LBGti-turbo, now. I honestly don't know anymore. Can't people just be people. It if we must label generations, then I nominate myself as a Goonies kid. Hey you guys!😁

Latest posts

Back