Why don't ALonelyLife members all date each other?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xpendable said:
That because not everyone makes comnents.

:D
Oh my, that's just evil ;-)

Ironically, I was trying to get clubbed on the head but it didn't work.

I might not agree with everyone on this site, even me and Expendable have been at odds opinion-wise, but I value and respect different opinions from mine.

Then we get to watch Callie fight with them.

:p

I wouldn't have her any other way :D
When you want an honest opinion here, you ask Callie. That's a rare quality, someone's who so outspoken. It's something to be admire.
So hat's off :D

zibafu said:
calllie definitely fights everyone here, she sleeps on a pair of boxing gloves, ready to go :p

No, I sleep with a crowbar, thanks.  :club:

Richard_39 said:
I wouldn't have her any other way :D
When you want an honest opinion here, you ask Callie. That's a rare quality, someone's who so outspoken. It's something to be admire.
So hat's off :D

I don't really see the point in sugarcoating honeysuckle.  It's not going to change what I say and honestly, from what I've seen, most of the time, it's not what I say, it's simply the fact that it's ME saying it that triggers most people. 
Sometimes not, sometimes they misinterpret what I say or are offended by the fact that I don't sugarcoat things, but in the end, advice is advice.  You can take it or leave it, no one is forcing it down your throat.  Oh and then there's the ignore feature....those who can't stand me are free to use it.  But hey, I've heard you all worship me, so why don't we all just stop pretending and let's see some bowing down, m'kay?  :)

TheRealCallie said:
I don't really see the point in sugarcoating honeysuckle.  It's not going to change what I say and honestly, from what I've seen, most of the time, it's not what I say, it's simply the fact that it's ME saying it that triggers most people. 
Sometimes not, sometimes they misinterpret what I say or are offended by the fact that I don't sugarcoat things, but in the end, advice is advice.  You can take it or leave it, no one is forcing it down your throat.  Oh and then there's the ignore feature....those who can't stand me are free to use it.  But hey, I've heard you all worship me, so why don't we all just stop pretending and let's see some bowing down, m'kay?  :)

Callie is hela :eek:

[youtube]lBBvT6QY2Xk[/youtube]

Oh man, this is my first post on the site and I can relate with both views. The flaw I see in the question presented is this would be treated like a hook up app if it were "dating" related, which it obviously should not be. I also don't see why people are opposed to the idea of dating someone from the site. I believe most people here are very likeminded and trying to deal with the same issues, so i think most would get along great in person. If people would worry more about compatibility than physical appearance and hooking up alone, they would be a lot happier in the long run.

venividivici said:
Oh man, this is my first post on the site and I can relate with both views. The flaw I see in the question presented is this would be treated like a hook up app if it were "dating" related, which it obviously should not be. I also don't see why people are opposed to the idea of dating someone from the site. I believe most people here are very likeminded and trying to deal with the same issues, so i think most would get along great in person. If people would worry more about compatibility than physical appearance and hooking up alone, they would be a lot happier in the long run.

It wouldn't have to be about dating. It could be just a lets meet up area and you could date if you wanted. I don't get this site really because it doesn't try to change things for the lonely.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
venividivici said:

It wouldn't have to be about dating. It could be just a lets meet up area and you could date if you wanted. I don't get this site really because it doesn't try to change things for the lonely.

From what I have seen and read, I agree. I also agree that it would be cool just to meet and hang out with someone or a group to be able to kind of feel "normal" in a sense. I'm sure anyone who has joined for the same reason as myself really struggles with being lonely. Although I have two very close friends outside of this, I don't feel like I can talk to them about certain issues and cannot be myself. It would be nice to be social around people who feel the same.

venividivici said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:
venividivici said:

From what I have seen and read, I agree. I also agree that it would be cool just to meet and hang out with someone or a group to be able to kind of feel "normal" in a sense. I'm sure anyone who has joined for the same reason as myself really struggles with being lonely. Although I have two very close friends outside of this, I don't feel like I can talk to them about certain issues and cannot be myself. It would be nice to be social around people who feel the same.
I've got to disagree on that.The site has definitely helped me in that the the small interactions I've had with people has made me feel less lonely.It has changed things for me and given me more confidence mainly from advice and motivation from members and definitely given me a new outlook on life .

I've met a number of people from the forum.
Also, several relationships have started here and even a marriage or two!

My guess is a lot of people here are too scared of being hurt, being lonely hurts. So risking even more pain isn't easy for a lot of people here. I do think a lot of people here would be perfect for eachother, a few names even come to mind. But when you're lonely, you don't feel like losing a good friend and someone you can speak too by asking them if they would like to be more than friends. Just my opinion.

How about this.. everyone here seems to like Games... why don't we have a matchmaker thread? That would be fun.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
How about this.. everyone here seems to like Games... why don't we have a matchmaker thread? That would be fun.

I'd be up for it! It's a good idea, just it would be really hard to do! I mean what would the questions be? I think a speed dating idea might even work. Enter a thread and say you're single, you would have 5 messages to decide if you like them or want to move on.

LifePath1 said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:

I'd be up for it! It's a good idea, just it would be really hard to do! I mean what would the questions be? I think a speed dating idea might even work. Enter a thread and say you're single, you would have 5 messages to decide if you like them or want to move on.

I think those two threads would mostly lead to sarcasm and bullshitery.  But hey, what's two more threads?  Someone make them and give them a shot.  :)
The singles threads didn't go horribly, so it might work.

TheRealCallie said:
LifePath1 said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:

I think those two threads would mostly lead to sarcasm and bullshitery.  But hey, what's two more threads?  Someone make them and give them a shot.  :)

That is very insulting to members of this forum.

Sci-Fi said:
TheRealCallie said:
LifePath1 said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:

That is very insulting to members of this forum.

Um, what is? 
If a matchmaker thread gets made, it most likely will bring in a lot of people matching completely ridiculous couples together like me and X or something like that.  People who clearly dislike each other.  Or people just being silly and joking around, which is also known as sarcasm and bullshitery. 
I was, however, being serious about making them and giving them a shot since the singles thread went over reasonably well.

So yeah, I'm not really sure what's insulting....

Oh fug it :)

Joturbo and Sarah G.

Have I got the concept right...please don't leave me hanging here...but her voice...oh God think I'll'll get my coat :p

Latest posts

Back