Why don't ALonelyLife members all date each other?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I'm not going to get into some the previous post because I think some of you guys may went way deeper than the original post intended but I digress. IMO I don't exactly know about casually dating and having sex with people off of here and my indepth view on that would probably warrant an entirely different thread so i wont go into all that but I definitely would not be opposed to meeting and hanging out with anyone on here, in fact I welcome the experience because while I am somewhat reserved about who I let into the inner circle of my life, it would be nice to hangout or even talk to someone on the phone or whatever every now and then who happens to understands my plight and if something more were to develop from that then so be it. I'm a take things as they are kind of person, I don't like to force things or define future or present experiences based off past ones or atleast I try not to, even though it is somewhat human nature do so or something we have atleast been taught to do at some point in our lives. So I try to never walk into an experience expecting something involving someone else to happen the way i want it to which to me is the very definition of entitlement, no matter how bad I may want whatever situation to go the way I want, as long as it involves someone else and their feelings, I would just be gratuitous for the fact that atleast I was even afforded the experience of their presence in my life!!! That to me is just being considerate and and appreciative. Just like I'm appreciative to be able share my opinions and experiences with you all and vice versa. That is part of my personal issue with loneliness and my reason for being on this forum, my frequent craving of the opportunity to connect with other humans that share somethings in common with myself for we all want to belong and to be connected with others even though we may be too shy or don't know how. So no I'm not here for sex and dating but like I said I like to keep an open minded so I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the idea either if I felt it was the right person but I would be more inclined though towards a relationship and/or friendship because they tend to last longer and have more meaning to me. Sorry for my grammatical errors and I know I'm little long-winded, I apologize for that as well to anyone that may think I wrote a bit too much!!! Lol

I wouldn't mind meeting and hanging out with people from here either. I'm not saying that I would get into a relationship with anyone off the board initially but if I met someone and we hit it off I would be open to the idea. However, my situation is different from most on here and I have the means to travel on the spur of the moment.

Yes, some of us might actually have morals. This thread can not be taken seriously, apparently.

It comes down to a dead-end road when a lot of the people on this site are too shy or too proud to interact with each other, even at a level of friendship. I understand a few couples have met on this site and are now living happy lives together, good for them.

I would hate to see ALL become a site for dating, sex, and what not. And a long-distance "relationship" is among the last of things I need in my life right now when I am unable to make like-minded friends who accept me in the first place.

Because everyone keeps rejecting me.... something about me being married? Lim, I will wait for you. :(

Barbaloot said:
Because everyone keeps rejecting me.... something about me being married? Lim, I will wait for you. :(

Oh no Lim didn'... Oh no he didn'

Don't make me take out my earrings, Lim. :club:

It would only be a rebound thing anyway. My heart and penis belong to Minty.

Fine, Lim, I'll go with Nilla.... she's a better catch anyway and knows how to treat a woman. :cool:

To answer the OP (again), one good reason not to date each other is that when it inevitably goes sour, it can be awkward if you're still posting here. Kind of like why you should NEVER date someone from work.

*sings* AWWWWK-WAARD!

Nah... Friends are better. :] Just...friends.. lol. If I were looking, I wouldn't ever be in a long distance relationship ever...again.

Because many of us live great distances away from each other, are in relationships already (Yes, it is possible to be alone in a relationship at times), are not really interested in each other like that, or are just that socially awkward (like me :)).

Also, I assume the male-female ratio is not balanced either.

Latest posts

Back