Why don't ALonelyLife members all date each other?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@tangerinedream: It is always easy to take a different route into the fog. If you don't want to believe you are a prude, there is nothing I can do to change your mind. However, I see women who would attack my comment about how much I enjoy and desire sex as prude. Again that is one of my main problems with the women on this forum. They scoff at my libido and would claim wanting a lot of sex means I am only in it for the sex.

True enough you have never said sex is bad. Personally I don't find women who hate sex as prudes. They are at least honest. Prudes are women and men who put sex on a pedestal. Prudes hide behind phrases like "Sex should be meaningful". Prudes hide behind the concept of love. Prudes believe that "significant other" is not another word for mate. Prudes believe that the desire to procreate is not part of the human condition. I have only met a couple guys on this forum who I would consider not prude. I have never met a woman on this forum who is not prude. I don't like prude people, men or women.

@Luna: To answer your first question, yes I know there are women out there who enjoy sex. However, on this forum I have yet to meet a woman who views sex as something that is a fun thing to do on a regular basis. On this forum I have only met women who view sex as a guilty pleasure. They can lump sex into the same category as gambling.

As for proper relationships, a relationship is an abstract thing. However, if I am dubbing someone as my mate, I expect to mate. It is easy to turn this on the woman. If a woman is truly my mate she will be sexually attracted to me, and want to have sex with me. In a real relationship sex should be easy to come by. If a woman is always tired or not in the mood. She is saying she does not see me as a desirable mate. After all, love is an abstract thing. That is why I can love my mom and sisters without desiring sex from them. Love is one of those things that can be changed to fit the situation. Hence why I remove love from the process of mating.

Sadly I am one of the few single men on here who is not a virgin. When I was a virgin I despised the idea of sex. However, that was the past when I was wrong. True sex is not everything, but I doubt the few who actually meet someone on here they love just move in together and live together yet remain chaste.

I will admit that I believe I am owed sex when a woman seeks the titles related to mating. I am sorry for having a clear definition of what a girlfriend or wife is. I know that is the ultimate sin.

You are right there AFrozenSoul there are alot of women who scoff at people who say they like to have alot of sex, let them, they are the ones missing out. I am actually still a virgin at 24, but, to me it is obvious that it is an activity that should be enjoyed and embraced with a partner and I look forward and hope that I get to experience it at somepoint in my life. It is ofcourse true to say that everyone has a different sex drive though... men and women, so to scoff at them is wrong. I would hope that if I ever got a gf, it is not one sided and she would actually want to have sex with me, there is nothing more of a turn on for me than a woman who actually wants to have sex.
You did say though that you think it is being a prude to say things like "Sex should be meaningful" well I think that statement is actually true, it should be and it is more meaningful if it is with a partner rather than some random person. I dont think someone should be labeled a prude for saying something like that because the statement is just generally true to most people who value sex as something that is a more than just a mindless instinctual activity. That kind of statement is one that prudes can use and do use to hide behind though.

Maybe you would consider me a prude for being a virgin still at 24... I agree with what you say when you say "significant other" should be/is another word for mate and ofcourse the desire to have sex is part of the human condition for both gender's. I am just unfortunatly too shy, unattractive, with a lack of relationship experience and a lack of social experience when considering showing attraction or knowing when a girl is showing attraction... So it is incredibly hard for me when it comes to getting a gf.

I haven't read a majority of the posts. But to the Original posters statement I would say its because finding a connection is hard and even harder so on the net let alone on this site. Where some people have numerous problems that bog them down. Yes there are people here in committed relationships or with families and children. But on top of that lonely people just are not all that attracted to each other from what I can tell. I also think in large part its because you don't find that thrill of joy from a lot of people here because a lot of us are sad or feeling down. Not trying to impress each other or bring all that light of meeting a new person just trying to feel better about ourselves.

@ShybutHi: O_O Holy crap I never thought anyone would willingly agree with me. As for your statement about "Sex should be meaningful". Personally I believe people who are incapable of enjoying meaningless sex cannot enjoy meaningful sex. After all, in the end sex is a pre-built process. Human's are the ones who add sentiment. Not that having sentiment is a bad thing. However, if sentiment is required.... then it is a problem.

AFrozenSoul said:
If a woman is truly my mate she will be sexually attracted to me, and want to have sex with me. In a real relationship sex should be easy to come by. If a woman is always tired or not in the mood. She is saying she does not see me as a desirable mate.

A women at a certain age, or if they are having hormonal/emotional problems or whatever problems they are, may not be in the mood for it but its not because you are not desirable.

AFrozenSoul said:
I am sorry for having a clear definition of what a girlfriend or wife is. I know that is the ultimate sin.

You mean you have your own definition of what a girlfriend or wife is. Reading from what you know about women, I don't think you're very experienced in this subject and that you actually don't know much about women and how to make them have more sex with you because there are ways.

Your posts mainly shows your dissatisfaction and bitterness of not getting the sex you want and the disappointment that generally women may not have the same level of sexual drive as some men do but there are some nymphomaniacs. I guess those would be your ideal gfs.

AFrozenSoul said:
However, if sentiment is required.... then it is a problem.

I think you've just called yourself an animal. I'm not surprised.

AFrozenSoul said:
@ShybutHi: O_O Holy crap I never thought anyone would willingly agree with me. As for your statement about "Sex should be meaningful". Personally I believe people who are incapable of enjoying meaningless sex cannot enjoy meaningful sex. After all, in the end sex is a pre-built process. Human's are the ones who add sentiment. Not that having sentiment is a bad thing. However, if sentiment is required.... then it is a problem.

Actually, the meaningfulness of sex is partially a chemical process and is definitely real; it affects many people on a deep level such that telling them to ignore it is essentially telling them to ignore a major part of themselves. I think you're a bit bitter and rather than trying to understand women, you've taken to trying to dictate the worldview of what's 'right' to women, which isn't quite the method to understanding or success in any terms.

I, for one, have never slept with anyone who I did not love in some fashion - even if for fleeting moments(as is the case with one-night stands), if I didn't find something spectacular about her, why was I with her?

beans said:
Your posts mainly shows your dissatisfaction and bitterness of not getting the sex you want and the disappointment that generally women may not have the same level of sexual drive as some men do but there are some nymphomaniacs. I guess those would be your ideal gfs.

I was with a nympho once. It was interesting, but not an experience I'll like to repeat. I think she later found that she had a hormonal issue which I personally suspect had something to do with it.

AFrozenSoul said:
@tangerinedream: It is always easy to take a different route into the fog. If you don't want to believe you are a prude, there is nothing I can do to change your mind. However, I see women who would attack my comment about how much I enjoy and desire sex as prude. Again that is one of my main problems with the women on this forum. They scoff at my libido and would claim wanting a lot of sex means I am only in it for the sex.

Again, your reading comprehension blows, kid. I never criticized your enjoyment of sex.

AFrozenSoul said:
True enough you have never said sex is bad. Personally I don't find women who hate sex as prudes. They are at least honest. Prudes are women and men who put sex on a pedestal. Prudes hide behind phrases like "Sex should be meaningful". Prudes hide behind the concept of love. Prudes believe that "significant other" is not another word for mate. Prudes believe that the desire to procreate is not part of the human condition. I have only met a couple guys on this forum who I would consider not prude. I have never met a woman on this forum who is not prude. I don't like prude people, men or women.

Please, do everyone a favor and look up the real definition of prude. You can't just change around definitions of words to suit your purposes. You seem to be attempting to define "prude" as anyone who doesn't think that "man-whore" is the norm.

You are attacking this idea of meaningful sex as though it were unnatural. You may be perfectly happy rutting like a pig in anonymity with whoever presents a hole to you, but I have to say, I haven't seen all of the men posting here in agreement with you about how sex shouldn't be meaningful.

As for a later comment of yours that people who can't enjoy meaningful sex can't truly enjoy sex, you are 100% off the mark. In fact, it's the reverse. Until you have experienced sex with someone with whom there is a deep connection - and I'm guessing you haven't - you can't know the actual emotional joy that can come from that experience.

"love" + "orgasms" = "seriously indescribable wow"

AFrozenSoul said:
@Luna: To answer your first question, yes I know there are women out there who enjoy sex. However, on this forum I have yet to meet a woman who views sex as something that is a fun thing to do on a regular basis. On this forum I have only met women who view sex as a guilty pleasure. They can lump sex into the same category as gambling.

You are really full of it. It is pretty offensive having someone tell me what I think... about ANYTHING, least of all how I view sex.

AFrozenSoul said:
I will admit that I believe I am owed sex when a woman seeks the titles related to mating. I am sorry for having a clear definition of what a girlfriend or wife is. I know that is the ultimate sin.

Dude, you need to drop the attitude that you are OWED anything.

beans said:
AFrozenSoul said:
I am sorry for having a clear definition of what a girlfriend or wife is. I know that is the ultimate sin.
Reading from what you know about women, I don't think you're very experienced in this subject and that you actually don't know much about women and how to make them have more sex with you because there are ways.

^^^ Agree 100%

IgnoredOne said:
I think you're a bit bitter and rather than trying to understand women, you've taken to trying to dictate the worldview of what's 'right' to women, which isn't quite the method to understanding or success in any terms.

Again, ITA.

AFrozenSoul said:

Nope I totally disagre with this and infact it is the complete opposite way around. Someone who goes out and has sex with random people just because they cant control their labido are the ones that have a hard time with meaningful sex. These types of people go out with the notion that sex is meaningless in the first place, otherwise they would not just try and get laid whenever the chance arises.

You strike me as a very unromantic person because of your words and I would not be surprised if you fit into the catagory of someone who will never truly connect with their partner.

ShybutHi said:
Nope I totally disagre with this and infact it is the complete opposite way around. Someone who goes out and has sex with random people just because they cant control their labido are the ones that have a hard time with meaningful sex. These types of people go out with the notion that sex is meaningless in the first place, otherwise they would not just try and get laid whenever the chance arises.

I think that for some people, the only meaning derives from the fact that they are having sex at all and don't bother looking further for a deeper connection.

blackhole said:
tangerinedream said:
"love" + "orgasms" = "seriously indescribable wow"

lovegasms :cool:

I think you've coined a new word. lol

tangerinedream said:
ShybutHi said:

I think that for some people, the only meaning derives from the fact that they are having sex at all and don't bother looking further for a deeper connection.

I think there are a hell of alot of people out there who do this. In my opinion it is selfish, they are going out looking for sex to please only themselves with no real care for the other person involved.
In my opinion sex is an act that should be shared with a partner, you should want to pleasure your partner and vice versa... It makes sex so much more intimate and meaningful if its with a partner you have feelings for and having a mutual desire to pleasure and partake in the act with each other.

ShybutHi said:
tangerinedream said:
ShybutHi said:

I think there are a hell of alot of people out there who do this. In my opinion it is selfish, they are going out looking for sex to please only themselves with no real care for the other person involved.
In my opinion sex is an act that should be shared with a partner, you should want to pleasure your partner and vice versa... It makes sex so much more intimate and meaningful if its with a partner you have feelings for and having a mutual desire to pleasure and partake in the act with each other.

I agree completely with these posts.

@AFrozensoul: (Sorry, I may have missed parts of your post but I've had a long day. I'll just address the part that sticks out to me.)

There's something very cold and calculative about such people who feel owed all because of granting someone a title.

Titles can mean nothing.
I was called a "GF" by someone many years ago - and he was meeting other women; embarrassed to be seen with me; didn't answer my phone calls; hid me from his family and friends; lied to me - lolol...and he expected me to have sex with him all because of the title.
I did not - and he was gone.

Chances are - if you treat someone good and you love them...and they love you back; they will likely be intimate with you. They will do so when they are ready...there is no rule that it should be 3 days after you're exclusive or anything ridiculous like that.

Have you ever really loved anyone? Like truly, truly loved a person?
I certainly would not date someone who never wanted sex - but most people do not fall into that category.
I ask that because you give me the impression that you see women/ dating/ sex as a transaction or something.
Like, you do A, B, C and she better spread her legs by this date/ time or else - that's the kind of impression you give me about you. :S
Why not simply meet people; love; and let things develop naturally?

Luna said:
you give me the impression that you see women/ dating/ sex as a transaction or something.
Like, you do A, B, C and she better spread her legs by this date/ time or else

I... can't... help... what... I... am... :club:

Latest posts

Back