Why is human life so long? Do you find it too long?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to die by the year 2000. Looking back on that i am glad i did not.

Every morning you wake up is another opportunity to improve. One day of completely owning your domain and rocking everything you encounter will make you forget an awful lot of unsuccessful days.

You only have like 70-80 years of living, and when that's over you can "die" forever. So, what's your rush? It may seem boring now, or pointless, but look, it's temporary, no matter how long you feel it is, it won't be that long. When your time comes, you will be like, oh, I felt like I was just born yesterday. I think it is human's nature to see anything in front of them, and can't see anything past that. We can only see short-term, unable to see the long term about what might possibly happen in life. Maybe nothing will happen, but, again, it's just temporary. Once you're around 70 years old, you won't think life is long anymore. :)

Edit: Oh, and well, I'm not one to fear death, if I will not wake up tomorrow, so be it. I don't really care. But as long as I'm "alive" why not enjoy it? You can play games, do anything you want. As long as it won't hurt anybody, do it. If you do something "fun" and everyone thing you're wasting time, I don't think it's wasted, because it's "FUN" to you right?

For me it's sort of both too long and not long enough. It's too long because as of now I have no idea what to do with myself. I just drift through life as I have never known what to do with myself. However, it's also not long enough because I think about all the interesting things we will discover that I will miss out on because I will be dead. The universe is so unfathomably large and I want to know what is out there. Even if it's just a tiny little part of it.

I have had my sights on a few good things, never had a real good thing, Without details, I'd say life sucks

I think life is short, even if you live 100 years. And there are animals, like turtles for example who lives 100-200 years, so I would like to be like a turtle :)

No I wish there was a decade in between teens and twenties or maybe even better, between 20s and 30s.

Paraiyar said:
No I wish there was a decade in between teens and twenties or maybe even better, between 20s and 30s.

^+1

This hits the nail on the head for describing how I've felt for a long time.

I'm still catching up on the things I didn't learn in my twenties, my teens, and maybe even earlier.

TheSkaFish said:
Paraiyar said:

^+1

This hits the nail on the head for describing how I've felt for a long time.

I'm still catching up on the things I didn't learn in my twenties, my teens, and maybe even earlier.

Hits the nail on the head for me too.  I've been playing catch-up for as long as I can remember and I'm probably older than everybody else in this forum. 
We might as well as live in the present moment, remembering where we've come from (but not dwelling on it) and preparing for the future to come.
An introduction to Buddhist philosophy that I was reading had a chapter entitled "Start Where You Are".

Though I am already tired of life I nevertheless find human life too short.
Life has so many opportunities and world is so big but a man is so small and has so small amount of time.

I am already 28 and the most part of my life was a senseless and joyless wasting of time.
I feel my time is running from me in vain and I can do nothing to stop or slow it.
I never have enough time.

For people who are really happy in their life ;life is short for them.i guess I am right because they might be willing to live this life.as I see around me.and...Those who are unhappy life is long for them. So life seems long or short it's different for everyone.
For me life is too long .

Yup, the way life has treated me, I am now in the waiting room. Too sissy to do anything else about it.

Way too short. On the other hand, way too miserable, so maybe short aint so bad.

I really don't know what to think. I think alot about the dying, but on the other hand, living is all i know, i don't know how to imagine it being over. Too long or too short? At the moment it just is, i have no idea. When lives end of the people around me, as has happened, it just is. I still remember them, they just can't eat cake anymore.

It really is just short and long at the same time. I think it all depends on what you have to go through in your life.... but it also mostly depends on your perspective of it. I try not to think too much of it in terms of length, I'd prefer to focus more on just the quality of it... be it short or long. I do hope I can live long enough to do what I'd like to do, see what I'd like to see and experience what I'd like to as well.

Hazed said:
I really don't know what to think. I think alot about the dying, but on the other hand, living is all i know, i don't know how to imagine it being over. Too long or too short? At the moment it just is, i have no idea. When lives end of the people around me, as has happened, it just is. I still remember them, they just can't eat cake anymore.

this^^
I couldnt have said it better myself..
I would also love to add that also I think that we are in the in-between, because the present and now is in between yesterday and tomorrow. So, we are the now.. If that makes sense..  Only memories are the fabric that bind the past to our now.. We are still creating new experiences and memories, like right now, and these weave into our future in some ways. Especially good experience and good times..

About the fabric though, I couldnt think of any other word.. probably bc I love to crochet and knit lol sorry if it sounde corny    :p

28 years here, it's not that I feel like I've lived so long it's that I have a feeling of disconnect from everything that I've encountered. I'm ready when ready is willing to take me.

“I’m ready when ready is willing to take me”

I was thinking about that last night. Most of the time I don’t feel my feelings regarding that. Last night all the honeysuckle came crashing down and that overwhelming feeling if sadness was crushing me, making my mind break and loose control.  
I’m not scared of death and I’m not scared to miss out on life. Living is just something that’s there, life goes onward and I don’t chose to leave it or to stay. That’s ******* sad. 
However.
I’m glad that I still can see the beautiful things life has to offer. Like today when I woke up and my dog was laying next to me dreaming. Her small legs moving and she was making low growls. Probably dreaming about playing with a dog friend.

Latest posts

Back