Why we're attracted to certain types.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind, please continue sharing with us! I love nothing more than to hear success stories around here. Sometimes we bring a lot of anxieties and concerns here and any uplifting stories are rare. So if he turns out to be Mr. Special, let us know!

Good luck!

I don't think we choose certain types because of DNA, not saying it doesn't have any influence, but more of it comes from how we were raised. I believe if you had strong mother and father types (doesn't have to be parents) in your childhood then you'd be less likely to go for those later on. So you'd go with someone more outgoing and more fun to be with. I think we are attracted to something we're not familiar with--the proverbial unknown. Personality may also have something to do with it--when I've taken finance classes we were introduced to a concept of risk tolerance in your investment practices. Seeing as how any serious relationship is basically an investment I think we can apply that concept here as well. So I'll say this, the more risk-averse you are the more you'd be attracted to someone with a personality close to the gaurdian figure you most associated with.

But I really don't believe DNA has anything to do with it aside from appearance, anyone can change their personalities if they want. I used to be a recluse back in grade school, now I love being talkative around people.

I would love to hear anyone else's opinion about this

I'm generally attracted to: Female / Status: Alive (just to be clear)

loveocean said:
Im attracted to girls that have really squinty eyes lol I have squinty eyes myself

So far I know there is Fry - the guy with the squinty eye around here. Any by squinty, did you mean purposefully squinty or just the way it looks?

Latest posts

Back