Would anyone notice you were gone...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few would notice within a week, a few more would notice later. In total I'm guessing maybe 10 or so, but only about 5 (that includes parents) would care much, and most would get over it fairly quickly, I'm sure. Ironically, my parents (who'd probably care the most) are the ones who wouldn't notice until months later, since we don't have much contact. I feel so loved and cherished. (d)

My family would know I was missing. Which, after everyone found out, would be quite a large number. However, they wouldn't really know, "who", was gone, just that something they are emotionally attached is gone. If I was dead or never found it would be a tragedy for them, and their lives would be easier once they got over it. It's up for debate whether any of my friends would ever find out. Quite a large possibility they would just be wondering what ever happened to me and would never really get a clear answer.

I suppose I should be grateful for having such a loving family, but would you care that much about how your co-worker felt if she always called you Bob when your name was Bill? lol. If I were to die, everything I ever valued in this life would most likely find it's way to some sort of Spanish inquisition type book burning. Now that I really think about it, It may very much be that if I were to go missing and never found or died, it would be as if I never existed, to my family, anyway, the ones who would notice me gone. They are good people, though. I've been rather hard on them a fair portion of my life...

My brother would probably be hit pretty hard, and I was a shitty older brother so I owe it to him not to fresia up his life anymore by having a suicide or mysterious vanishing on his hands.
My mum would be pretty shaken, so would my dad. I don't really care about mum but my dad I wouldn't want to do that to. He's the only family member I really treasure. My mum would go even more loopy since Alzheimers started to kick in, and she'd probably start insane cyclic searches of entire towns like a sort of decaying robot. It would be a sort of tragic kind of thing in itself.
My old best friend Ben would be heart-broken I know. And a few of the people I hang with, whom aren't necessarily really good close friends would probably still miss me for a little while. But not long.

I think it would take about five days for someone to notice I was missing.

Latest posts

Back