Writing for relief, reading for masochism

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeVegas

Reaction score
Hey ALL,

As I'm sure many of you know, sometimes you just need to write. It's an amazing way to vent out emotions which may have no other appropriate channel. Back in the peak of my depression, I was doing so daily.

I've got five spiral notebooks full of random spewing of emotions, via diary entries, peoms, sketches, thoughts, scribbles and enigmas. All the writings connect me to a specific moment and feeling. It's been years since I last read through them, until very recently.

While flipping through the pages, I recalled the many toxic emotions that have since numbed me into husk that I currently am. On finishing, I couldn't help but wonder why I did so. Even more, why have I kept these books?

What I ask is if anyone else understands this. Is there anyone out there who actually burned their books? Do you regret it, or is it liberating?

~~Nec minor est virtus, quam quaerere, parta tueri~~

I have, on a few occasions, felt the need to write down what I'm going though or issues on my mind, although it's rare for me. But when I do, I don't throw them away. I think it's good to keep memories, even if they're negative or whatever, because then when your in a better position, you can look back with interest.

At least that's the way I feel anyway.

Latest posts

Back