y dont u like being single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polar said:
Chasm said:
did u learn ur manners thru a correspondence course?

No I have a P.h.d from Harvard in manners :)

I disagree. I know what love is and I have experienced it but there isn't a single person out there who I could tolerate being around to 24/7 (Especially not once the rush of the crush has declined). Of course people express love in their own way but wanting to be with someone all the time is in my eyes more a sign of dependence than it is of love. Though I suppose there's nothing wrong with it if both sides of the relationship are okay with it.

I guess you could be right :) my experience was short lived so at the time we were both infatuated with one another. Then due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave the city :( and we tried a long distance relationship but that never works out :/.

annik said:
Because I'm in love...
n u cant b w/him
but then i would wondr?
if this is actually luv
n nt just form of fixation/infatuation/obsession/human always wantng wut they cant have sort of thing
NVR 2 try 2 demote ur feelngs of course
just my own thoughts

Chasm said:
Bones said:
It makes you feel inadequate to be completely alone / single.
how/y is that?

No matter how much we are a loner and need personal space, we are genetically pre-programmed to need human interaction and to share it with someone.

[Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (Loving and Belonging)]

Love and belonging

After physiological and safety needs are fulfilled, the third layer of human needs are social and involve feelings of belongingness. The need is especially strong in childhood and can over-ride the need for safety as witnessed in children who cling to abusive parents.

Deficiencies with respect to this aspect of Maslow's hierarchy - due to hospitalism, neglect, shunning, ostracism etc. - can impact individual's ability to form and maintain emotionally significant relationships in general, such as:

Friendship
Intimacy
Family

Humans need to feel a sense of belonging and acceptance, whether it comes from a large social group, such as clubs, office culture, religious groups, professional organizations, sports teams, gangs, or small social connections (family members, intimate partners, mentors, close colleagues, confidants). They need to love and be loved (sexually and non-sexually) by others.

In the absence of these elements, many people become susceptible to loneliness, social anxiety, and clinical depression. This need for belonging can often overcome the physiological and security needs, depending on the strength of the peer pressure; an anorexic, for example, may ignore the need to eat and the security of health for a feeling of control and belonging.

Bones said:
Chasm said:
Bones said:
It makes you feel inadequate to be completely alone / single.
how/y is that?

No matter how much we are a loner and need personal space, we are genetically pre-programmed to need human interaction and to share it with someone.

[Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (Loving and Belonging)]

Love and belonging

After physiological and safety needs are fulfilled, the third layer of human needs are social and involve feelings of belongingness. The need is especially strong in childhood and can over-ride the need for safety as witnessed in children who cling to abusive parents.

Deficiencies with respect to this aspect of Maslow's hierarchy - due to hospitalism, neglect, shunning, ostracism etc. - can impact individual's ability to form and maintain emotionally significant relationships in general, such as:

Friendship
Intimacy
Family

Humans need to feel a sense of belonging and acceptance, whether it comes from a large social group, such as clubs, office culture, religious groups, professional organizations, sports teams, gangs, or small social connections (family members, intimate partners, mentors, close colleagues, confidants). They need to love and be loved (sexually and non-sexually) by others.

In the absence of these elements, many people become susceptible to loneliness, social anxiety, and clinical depression. This need for belonging can often overcome the physiological and security needs, depending on the strength of the peer pressure; an anorexic, for example, may ignore the need to eat and the security of health for a feeling of control and belonging.
needng human interaction ok
but y would this would lead 2 ppl wantng an SO so much is beyond me
intrstng tho

Chasm said:
intrstng tho

You must feel the same needs as everyone else, surely? Perhaps you don't "realise it" at the moment? :)

I think it's only when someone gives you a hug or something that you suddenly realise exactly how much that contact means. Just some friendly hugs from people have the power to make me feel happier for weeks afterwards, it's amazing really.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Chasm said:
intrstng tho

You must feel the same needs as everyone else, surely? Perhaps you don't "realise it" at the moment? :)

I think it's only when someone gives you a hug or something that you suddenly realise exactly how much that contact means. Just some friendly hugs from people have the power to make me feel happier for weeks afterwards, it's amazing really.
im nt desper8 4 a SO
no
LoL
also?
detest hugs
unless its sexually basd of course

TheSolitaryMan said:
SofiasMami said:
Um, did lonesome crow get back on the forum as Chasm? :) :O

Nah, a true Crow-style interlude would be more like "Y DO PPL LIEK BEIN SINGLE, BECAUSE THERE IS NON OF TEH SECKSIN? ALSO, I BEDDED LIEK 50 HOT WOMANS AT ONESCE LAST NITE IM NOT ASHAMED LMAO :D :D :D *gratuitous nude pics*" ;)

Great points, thanks :D :D :D

SofiasMami said:
TheSolitaryMan said:
SofiasMami said:
Um, did lonesome crow get back on the forum as Chasm? :) :O

Nah, a true Crow-style interlude would be more like "Y DO PPL LIEK BEIN SINGLE, BECAUSE THERE IS NON OF TEH SECKSIN? ALSO, I BEDDED LIEK 50 HOT WOMANS AT ONESCE LAST NITE IM NOT ASHAMED LMAO :D :D :D *gratuitous nude pics*" ;)

Great points, thanks :D :D :D
Perhaps we shouldn't be talking bad about other members in public? Especially ones that can no longer defend themselves. :club:

I know the rules are non existent but I'm pretty sure that is part of the common sense rules everyone talks about. Keep the trash talk in pms pleases.

That's not talking bad about someone. That's actually truthful. lol

But on to the topic, I hate it especially when I see friends & others hooking up. It makes me wonder why not me?

For me it's about wanting to let someone have me, and having someone who wants to let me have them. It's about wanting to be sweet to someone in a way that you aren't to anyone else.
You can imagine all of what this includes, everything from an extended kiss to making someone somehow know that you want to spend the rest of your life with them and share more with them than you have or desire to with anyone else. It's like there's a side of you (that really soft side) that's suffocating. It wants to breathe but will not unless there's that special someone to receive it.

jjam said:
For me it's about wanting to let someone have me, and having someone who wants to let me have them. It's about wanting to be sweet to someone in a way that you aren't to anyone else.
You can imagine all of what this includes, everything from an extended kiss to making someone somehow know that you want to spend the rest of your life with them and share more with them than you have or desire to with anyone else. It's like there's a side of you (that really soft side) that's suffocating. It wants to breathe but will not unless there's that special someone to receive it.
this is nice
n very xplanatory
ty

It's quite normal, it's human behavior.

Erik Erikson said it best.

Intimacy vs. Isolation - Happens to young adults and adults in their 20s and 30s.

In response to the original post (which was hard to read due to all the abbreviations), the reason I hate being single is because I'm tired of it. It would be different if I was normal and have been in relationships but I'm tired of being left out.

blackdot said:
In response to the original post (which was hard to read due to all the abbreviations), the reason I hate being single is because I'm tired of it. It would be different if I was normal and have been in relationships but I'm tired of being left out.

This counts for me aswell. I'm just tired of being left out. Being single has it's benefits but you can't stay alone forever.

Latest posts

Back