Your Dating Market Value

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okonkwo

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this test here:

http://roissy.wordpress.com/dating-market-value-test-for-men/

I scored a twenty, so apparently, I'm an alpha. Do not fear though, a few years ago, I would have easily been in the negatives. There is definitely room for improvement. The great thing about being male is that we have far more control over how attractive we are than women do. Their attraction is based almost completely on looks and age. We, on the other hand, can make up for unfortunate looks by having money, status, power, and confidence (These four things usually go hand in hand). Although all online tests should be taken with a grain of salt, I think it's reasonably accurate.

There is also a test for women here:

http://roissy.wordpress.com/dating-market-value-test-for-women/

That's Roissy, and he's a brilliant blogger. I know people who know him in real life.

Glad to see someone on the forum ready to talk about dating like the "game" it really is.

Okonkwo said:
The great thing about being male is that we have far more control over how attractive we are than women do. Their attraction is based almost completely on looks and age. We, on the other hand, can make up for unfortunate looks by having money, status, power, and confidence...

WTF! Where do you get this distorted information from? I'm a woman and I've got looks, age, money, status, power, and confidence. Both my beauty and vitality increase as I age, my money is compounding in value every passing moment, I'm respected by my peers, I control my life and I call my own shots. Why would you make such a silly comment that a woman's attraction is "is based almost completely on looks and age"? Huh?

There is so much bullshit in that bit that LGH quoted that I've about passed out from the stench. I'm not a particularly physically attractive woman - I'm fairly average overall, but I've never had a bit of problem attracting men when I've wanted them in my life regardless of money, status or power. I've faked confidence when I needed to and have had it for real at other times. And moreover, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can spot a 'bitchy' looking woman from a half-mile away and she will be ugly as sin and I've seen physically homely women who radiated inner beauty and were simply one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen.

Okonkwo, you don't know as much as you like to think you do.

Stephanie said:
I'm not a particularly physically attractive woman - I'm fairly average overall, but I've never had a bit of problem attracting men when I've wanted them in my life regardless of money, status or power.

Need I say more.

Lol, i'm not even going to bother,

I can easily assume i'll be in the negatives.

****, I just read through all that honeysuckle, and Roissy does sound like a mega-******* in this quiz. But he does acknowledge some uncomfortable truths, like the fact that having gotten arrested makes you more attractive to girls.

Actually I've decided to add more, and this is a big disagreement that I have with some of the PUAs. I use the term "alpha" and "gamma", because honestly I don't think some prison thug who lives off welfare and drug dealing deserves to be called an alpha. Do women fresia him? Yes. But if he's not a man who takes care of his community, there is no way in fresia, he's alpha. I've had one PUA basically say to me "get over it you little *****, you just can't accept that he's more alpha than you".

Anyway peeps, as you see, I am FAR less douchey in the grand scheme of things. This Roissy quiz actually just caused me to go into a MEGA-pissed off mood, just the way he writes that douchebaggery makes me wanna take a swing at him, but he's behind a computer screen. I can't post anymore about individual PUAs in public, but PM me if you wanna have a good laugh.

It's not a game, and that kind of thinking is a sorry excuse for not being able to treat the opposite sex with respect.

VanillaCreme said:
It's not a game, and that kind of thinking is a sorry excuse for not being able to treat the opposite sex with respect.

Actually VanillaCreme, after reading Roissy's blog, I hope you realize how much nicer I am in the scheme of things.

But yeah, he sounds like a ******* punk. fresia, I actually have to take your side on this one VanillaCreme.

Did the test got

15 to 29: Greater beta. More than a few attractive guys will approach you. But if your personality is flawed you risk becoming a pump and dump victim.

I'm not single though, so it doesnt really matter. I'm female.

With a score of -3, I land myself in this category:

-9 to 0: Lesser beta. You don’t immediately disgust girls; they just don’t notice you. With much painful effort you can redeem yourself.

...****.

But truth told, that was one bad quiz, even on internet quiz standards. Ugh.

Hi-
Said it before and I'll say it again: If you think a woman's attractiveness factors are based soley on looks and age, you haven't met enough women.

Teresa

Just for shits and giggles, I took the guy test. I got a minus 5. Wonder what that means. lol

Teresa

:D A lot of insecurity and anger in this thread.

I will say that dating marketability and sexual attractiveness aren't entirely the same thing. Sexual attractiveness is a subset of dating marketability.

Mary Mary said:
:D A lot of insecurity and anger in this thread.

I'm disgusted, not angry. :p

Mary Mary said:
I will say that dating marketability and sexual attractiveness aren't entirely the same thing. Sexual attractiveness is a subset of dating marketability.

I don't know... Not everyone who is sexually attractive to someone is datable. Maybe it's more like a Venn diagram.

I had a good laugh but tbh I agree with him

I can't really take that test since most of those things can't apply to me because I'm too young,but that test is legit. Imo most of you just say it isn't to don't come off as "superficial bitches"

Poueff said:
Imo most of you just say it isn't to don't come off as "superficial bitches"

Those tests are meant for people with the mentality and emotional maturity of people just barely out of their teens.

After you get another decade or so under your belt you might see that people learn to appreciate others for qualities other than how tight a chick's ass is or how much a guy can bench press.

tangerinedream said:
Poueff said:
Imo most of you just say it isn't to don't come off as "superficial bitches"

Those tests are meant for people with the mentality and emotional maturity of people just barely out of their teens.

After you get another decade or so under your belt you might see that people learn to appreciate others for qualities other than how tight a chick's ass is or how much a guy can bench press.

Actually,when I posted that,I only read until the 13th question. After reading the latter ones I can see the guy just says honeysuckle,but even so,some of them are right.

This test is talking about general atraction and one night stands,not dating and such

You guys know I'm of the alpha male characteristics school, but I kind of lost interest in that website when it had you take off a point for having a high IQ.

Mary Mary said:
You guys know I'm of the alpha male characteristics school, but I kind of lost interest in that website when it had you take off a point for having a high IQ.

It took points off for both genders for being too smart. lol

Poueff said:
This test is talking about general atraction and one night stands,not dating and such

Except it's posed as a Dating Market Value test, which I think is total bullshit. lol I have my own criteria to determine whether or not a man is datable. I honestly don't give a honeysuckle how much he can bench.

Latest posts

Back