What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, time to start punching the ceiling, to see the stars, so I have something to reach for. There will be hate, swallowed pride, tiredness - but I will get out of the burnout, even if I have to think of myself or ask for help. Yuck to both. I do not know when, and I do see the difficulties, but I'll give it a try. Not to the stars. Just so that I can see them again. And when I can, (I said when, wow) I'll see what happens.

Negative thoughts.

They are not constructive, but when you feel they are true you kinda have to take them in. You don't wanna delude yourself, do you?

Feeling frustrated as hell whenever I can't use a proper computer, because typing anything longer than one-word Google, Wikipedia, or YouTube searches on a tablet ******* sucks balls. And i'm not just saying that. I have to spend so much time typing and retyping things due to spelling errors, autocorrect, how it messes up contractions....it's so aggravating that most of the time it's not even worth the trouble.

Feeling very sad ,But I am happy too because I still have my one feeling ;sadness.
at least "I am not alone ".

I'm wondering if teenagers were always inconsiderate and annoying or if this is a new development? I had my moments, so I'm not going to pass judgement one way or the other. I do have some words of advice though: If you're going to walk 5 abreast down the pavement, make no effort to provide others with room required to pass you and expect them to step out into the road, then don't complain like a whiny baby when someone decides to walk straight into you...

Cavey said:
I'm wondering if teenagers were always inconsiderate and annoying or if this is a new development? I had my moments, so I'm not going to pass judgement one way or the other. I do have some words of advice though: If you're going to walk 5 abreast down the pavement, make no effort to provide others with room required to pass you and expect them to step out into the road, then don't complain like a whiny baby when someone decides to walk straight into you...

Just my two cents on that subject...
My mom adopted two boys when they were babies. They are three years apart. I helped raise them until they became of age. One is now nearing 30 and the other will be 27 in a few months as well. 
I have two step kids, ages 18 and 16. The difference between my brothers and my stepsons is very noticeable. The maturity level is substantially less for the younger boys. They don't seem to realize they act immature, selfish and unconcerned about others. I cant say for sure why this is, other than a combination of the way they were raised and societal influences. Neither are unintelligent but seem to lack the proper amount of common sense.

^ That "walking at people" thing is a recent development and is getting worse. I knew better as a teenager because someone would have kicked my ass. No one kicks their asses anymore.

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

My mom adopted two boys when they were babies. They are three years apart. I helped raise them until they became of age. One is now nearing 30 and the other will be 27 in a few months as well. 
I have two step kids, ages 18 and 16. The difference between my brothers and my stepsons is very noticeable. The maturity level is substantially less for the younger boys. They don't seem to realize they act immature, selfish and unconcerned about others. I cant say for sure why this is, other than a combination of the way they were raised and societal influences. Neither are unintelligent but seem to lack the proper amount of common sense.

I think it's because children just aren't disciplined anymore.  They aren't taught the way we were taught.  Granted, this doesn't apply to ALL kids and young adults, but I think a lot of the parents of that generation went the way of the "hippies," the "don't care" and the "lazy."

TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

I think it's because children just aren't disciplined anymore.  They aren't taught the way we were taught.  Granted, this doesn't apply to ALL kids and young adults, but I think a lot of the parents of that generation went the way of the "hippies," the "don't care" and the "lazy."

I don't think it's a new thing, but I do think these attitudes have gotten worse.  It might be partially to do with discipline, but I think it's more to do with other things like the media and elitism.  I feel like kids these days only respect power, someone who is either rich or defiant.  In the media, movies, music, TV shows, and so on, instead of being condemned as wrong, douchebags and thugs are held up as the ideal to aspire to, while kindness and agreeableness is seen as weak and uncool.  And I think for a lot of these people, the parents don't care because they are just as bad.  The kids think their money means they are better, and their parents don't see it as wrong because they feel the same way.

I refuse to accept this is the way I am to live.. I'm not in denial, I just don't think my spirit can give in just yet to the way it should be.

My body may not be as strong as it used to be but my mind and spirit are even stronger now. And that can pull me through. I'll keep finding ways, until I can't anymore.

FML, I hate it, but I love it too.

The longer my kid is sick, the more paranoid of germs I get. I've used almost an entire can of lysol this week, not to mention the wipes and liquid. Would it be terribly wrong of me to make him stay in his room, even though he's starting to feel better? I think it's that **** hacking up a lung cough, I feel like the germs are just spewing all over every **** surface and nothing is going to get rid of them. Can I pressure wash the inside of my house with lysol and/or bleach?

(Yes, I'm completely and entirely in germaphobe mode right now)

Maybe using boxed pancake mix for "fluffy" pancakes instead of following the recipe wasn't the best idea...but the ingredients were the same! Plus, even when I follow the recipe it doesn't turn out right. I don't think I'll ever get the hang of this cooking thing.

pokétrek said:
Maybe using boxed pancake mix for "fluffy" pancakes instead of following the recipe wasn't the best idea...but the ingredients were the same! Plus, even when I follow the recipe it doesn't turn out right. I don't think I'll ever get the hang of this cooking thing.

Do you mix everything until smooth? I found that when I left it kind of lumpy, like you do with muffin batter, it turns out much better.

AmytheTemperamental said:
pokétrek said:

Do you mix everything until smooth? I found that when I left it kind of lumpy, like you do with muffin batter, it turns out much better.

I mixed it until smooth. I'll try leaving it lumpy next time. Thanks!

I can feel myself getting excited for no **** reason....every year...you think I would get it by now.

At this point, I feel like it's almost more trouble than it's worth to be dating. All I can think about is the last few people who didn't stick with me through our first fight, prioritized other things in life, couldn't even set aside a few hours a week to talk without video games or phones in the way...

I realize I really can't gauge people very well. And I have no idea how to approach a relationship now.

How often should we even talk as a couple?

We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day because we both wanted to rest from work. Is this a sign of us being non-material, or a sign that he doesn't value me because he didn't offer something big?

Should we even be having sex this early? Will he get bored if I give it to him too much and once he's seen all there is to see?

Sounds crazy to even wonder if someone would value me more if I did things differently. I never liked games or people who play them. But they're not the ones who have trouble keeping someone interested once things aren't convenient or novel anymore, I am.

Latest posts

Back