What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like parting with my newborn after 9 months. Bittersweet - happy you see you go out there to experience and learn but sad that my other pea in this pod is being taken away. I'm always here for you though - but you already knew that. Gotta prep tissues for tomorrow morning. It's gonna be an emotional one.

On a separate thought, thank you - for your generous gift. It .. was a shocker for sure, and so sweet at the same time. I'm not even sure if I can accept it. :\

ladyforsaken said:
It's like parting with my newborn after 9 months. Bittersweet - happy you see you go out there to experience and learn but sad that my other pea in this pod is being taken away. I'm always here for you though - but you already knew that. Gotta prep tissues for tomorrow morning. It's gonna be an emotional one.

On a separate thought, thank you - for your generous gift. It .. was a shocker for sure, and so sweet at the same time. I'm not even sure if I can accept it. :\

These things are never easy. I'm terrible with understanding metaphors, but good luck tomorrow, and don't be afraid to shed a few tears if it helps.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
ladyforsaken said:

These things are never easy. I'm terrible with understanding metaphors, but good luck tomorrow, and don't be afraid to shed a few tears if it helps.

Ah Seal, so nice to see you around again. Hope you've been well. :)

Well, I had to let someone in my team go. Someone I trained right from the beginning, someone I thought they'd let me keep cos we had such good chemistry in the teamwork. I know it's inevitable, I just figured I had dibs to keeping some I fully trained. I guess not. She's been transferred to another team. :(

More than a few tears were shed indeed. It'll be fine. Just don't do well with goodbyes.

Feeling sad for a friend, hoping she'll do what's best for her, thinking she deserves better than this.

I hope you stay safe and that you take good care of yourself. You deserve better than this. I hope you'll realise that. Whatever it is, I hope you know that I totally feel you and that I'm here for you.

TheSkaFish said:
I need some space to get organized and to just breathe.  Don't know if I will even get that.

My entire house is clean. What did you do with your time :club:

This will remain a lifelong struggle and denial isn't helping me any. But acceptance only leads to anger and helplessness. I understand it might look trivial from the outside, but living with it is very different.

"You ever wonder how deep you could sink into nothing at all?"
This song... is neat indeed. Go away, melancholy. Or stay, as long as the song does too.

I was just thinking today, I've only ever really met one person that had almost all of what I was looking for. The others had some of what I wanted, but it was still enough that I felt I would have been pretty happy. But even that is still really rare. I don't know what to do to be "enough", though. I feel like there isn't enough to me to fit in anywhere. I don't know how other people do this so well. I imagine that there are lots of people who are able to successfully date people who only have some common interests and similarities instead of everything, so there must be some way to do it.

I spend a lot of time trying to both figure myself out and how fit myself around others while still being myself, because I think we all have to, to an extent. If you don't you could find yourself able to relate to nobody, which I don't want. I wonder about what direction to develop myself in, because I want to be someone I like and be interesting in my own self but I don't want to waste my time going in the wrong direction, making myself into someone who only fits in where I don't want to, or who just doesn't fit anywhere.

TheSkaFish said:
I was just thinking today, I've only ever really met one person that had almost all of what I was looking for.  The others had some of what I wanted, but it was still enough that I felt I would have been pretty happy.  But even that is still really rare.  I don't know what to do to be "enough", though.  I feel like there isn't enough to me to fit in anywhere.  I don't know how other people do this so well.  I imagine that there are lots of people who are able to successfully date people who only have some common interests and similarities instead of everything, so there must be some way to do it.

I spend a lot of time trying to both figure myself out and how fit myself around others while still being myself, because I think we all have to, to an extent.  If you don't you could find yourself able to relate to nobody, which I don't want.  I wonder about what direction to develop myself in, because I want to be someone I like and be interesting in my own self but I don't want to waste my time going in the wrong direction, making myself into someone who only fits in where I don't want to, or who just doesn't fit anywhere.

A lot of people aren't self-reflective enough. You have the opposite problem in that you do it too much.

Latest posts

Back