Do you have people you can talk to on a daily basis?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
New thread time. You will notice the title sounds very similar to another thread I recently made. About being in a relationship. This is equally as good.

So what I want to know how important to you is it to have people that you can commuincate with daily to some degree
Be it by phone, text or any other form of communication?

I have the fascinating people of chat here. lol That's the reason I came back to ALL, so I could have people to talk to.

I have work friends and other friends I talk to online, as well. And then people I text. I don't like talking on the phone and I don't have time to go out.

I could live without texting or anything involving my cellphone.

Ok, I meant aside from this site. People you can talk to and potentially meet up with.

meeting people everyday???? That's too much. I can barely have energy to meet friends once in a while

I talk daily with... people from this site

I should have been more specific in my question.
When I said not including family or interactions from this site

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
Ok, I meant aside from this site. People you can talk to and potentially meet up with.

I have met people from here....

Ugh! I mean unrelated to this site

Why does it matter if they are from this site or not, though?  People are people, aren't they?

Aside from that, the chat room has more in depth and personal conversations than a lot of the forum threads

People outside of this site... I guess I feel less obligated to keep up with a lot of them. I'm not big into facebook messaging and keep myself offline, because I don't like messaging. I log into Plenty of Fish a couple of times a week, wait until people tell me they are bored, and let the convos die. I tend to be ok if people don't message me at all. My phone can get tossed to the side and forgotten about for weeks at a time, so yeah don't text me on there.

When I was dating, I found it exhausting to have someone asking what I was doing every couple of hours. If you know what I do for a living and know that I have 3 kids...You know my life isn't all that exciting that I will be doing something extremely different than the last time you asked.

I prefer face to face :D

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:

I have met people from here....

Ugh! I mean unrelated to this site

Why does it matter if they are from this site or not, though?  People are people, aren't they?

Aside from that, the chat room has more in depth and personal conversations than a lot of the forum 
It matters.

Restless soul said:
I am curious how people are contacting outside of this site that is all

Ah. The rare facebook message, PoF, Steam. Some snail mail. Everything else is face to face with customers and locals.

Are ALL people real to you, or do you think that we're a figment of your imagination?

Lacrecia said:
Are ALL people real to you, or do you think that we're a figment of your imagination?

Since all the ladies decided to chime in on this topic. 
I have a more pressing one to address. What should a single guy do who always has a strong sexual urge to approach and say suggestive things to his married neighbor??

Restless soul said:
Lacrecia said:

Since all the ladies decided to chime in on this topic. 
I have a more pressing one to address. What should a single guy do who always has a strong sexual urge to approach and say suggestive things to his married neighbor??

Stop talking to your neighbor....Stop thinking about your neighbor.  Move

Latest posts

Back