Do you have people you can talk to on a daily basis?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know, and are unable to stop yourself, perhaps treatment for impulse control is the next route.

AmytheTemperamental said:
If you know, and are unable to stop yourself, perhaps treatment for impulse control is the next route.

Thanks.  But you do know what they do for impulse control?
That's right, meds that kill or lower your libido. Am I wrong?

AAnyone?

Well, I'd hate someone to say no and you act on an urge while in a relationship.

Well, I'd hate someone to say no and you act on an urge while in a relationship.

Its a chicken and the egg. Who is to say a rationship woukdnt quell those desires to stray, I have to assume so. And if not that is a greater incentive motive not to.

But I have to find a way to release in a healthy manner. No not masturbation. I think that fuels impulse. 

Buut not to salivate over ny neighbor for the next ten years.
That is beyond pathetic

Well, you can talk in circles all you like. I doubt any amount of threads on here is going to click that part off in your brain. It has to change in your environment around you.

Good luck.

Let me come clean here on lonley life tonight. Would I be more
Inclined to move in on these women if lets say they didnt live in such close proximity, close proximity being the same block.
Yes, of course. Men are so weak. Like the other thread, can men be faithful, right? Should be changed to can women be faithful when I come on to them. And no, I never been with a married woman yet..But!! I know my depraved mind. And by the way. Women can be seduced too, and give in just as easly to temptation as a man..

Well, you can talk in circles all you like. I doubt any amount of threads on here is going to click that part off in your brain. It has to change in your environment around you.

Good luck.

Not talking in circles. Venting airing the reality of the situation,  amy!! Don't be indignant

Good luck.

Right. Get the eff out of my environment. And meet singles. So simple

Me sorry.:club:

Lacrecia said:
Awww my quote has been violated

As for the original question, I really do not have anyone to talk too on a daily basis except for:

~ My daughter (who lives me) and my mother, aunt, & grandmother (a very small, but extremely close family)
~ My co-workers (we have been together for 14 to 25 years between the 'five' of us); however, my female boss and female co-worker left the agency over the summer & last month.  We do keep in touch a couple times a week (texting), meet for dinner once per month (with our current & previous co-workers), and we are all meeting after work next week for our December dinner.

I'm loving this thread.

--on single guy with married neighbor... You can't help how you feel, but it would be inappropriate and destroy lives so it's best to imagine her...etc That stinks you are so attracted to someone so close and completely unavailable. Poor guy.

--on talking to people, I try to say hi to my neighbors since they're right here and very approachable. They are so nice and I really got lucky because they are nice back.

Best thing is I also talk and text with a best friend I grew up with, who lives far away in another state, every day, usually several times, and we really enjoy our time together. We talk about EVERYTHING and get crazy, laugh, cry, and reminisce, but talk about today's relevant issues too. We've been friends for almost our whole lives (since we were 13) so it's really such a blessing to have her in my life.

Still doesn't stop the constant lonely.

I get very lonely, especially at night, and because I don't have anyone to talk to after the sun goes down unless my best friend calls. Wish I could make some friends again like I had before the kids all moved out and my divorce, etc. Turns out I ended up alone (for the time being), family living far away, and deciding to cut ties with 'his' friends or people who I hung around before who drank a lot at the bars (couldn't help going because I love karaoke).

I'm so thankful because I'm meeting more people and maybe this loneliness thing is only temporary!!! (It's been a long temporary)

Healing2me said:
I'm loving this thread.

--on single guy with married neighbor... You can't help how you feel, but it would be inappropriate and destroy lives so it's best to imagine her...etc   That stinks you are so attracted to someone so close and completely unavailable. Poor guy.

--on talking to people, I try to say hi to my neighbors since they're right here and very approachable. They are so nice and I really got lucky because they are nice back.

Best thing is I also talk and text with a best friend I grew up with, who lives far away in another state, every day, usually several times, and we really enjoy our time together. We talk about EVERYTHING and get crazy, laugh, cry, and reminisce, but talk about today's relevant issues too. We've been friends for almost our whole lives (since we were 13) so it's really such a blessing to have her in my life.

Still doesn't stop the constant lonely.

I get very lonely, especially at night, and because I don't have anyone to talk to after the sun goes down unless my best friend calls. Wish I could make some friends again like I had before the kids all moved out and my divorce, etc. Turns out I ended up alone (for the time being), family living far away, and deciding to cut ties with 'his' friends or people who I hung around before who drank a lot at the bars (couldn't help going because I love karaoke).

I'm so thankful because I'm meeting more people and maybe this loneliness thing is only temporary!!! (It's been a long temporary)

Hi healing. And thanks for stopping by. I am glad you found some entertainment value here. But it's really quite sad actually. It truely is

Restless soul said:
EveWasFramed said:
No. I wouldn't torment anyone that way. I save it for my shrink. :D

Who you talking about??

People I know - I don't talk to them. If I need to talk, I talk to my therapist. 
I don't make people I know my therapist.

I think it's important to be able to find people to talk to every day, even if it's not necessary. People to have short chats with, send a few text messages to, or a few online messages.

Part of loneliness for me has often been feeling that I can't reach out to others.

Tealeaf said:
I think it's important to be able to find people to talk to every day, even if it's not necessary. People to have short chats with, send a few text messages to, or a few online messages.

Part of loneliness for me has often been feeling that I can't reach out to others.

Yes 100%.

Restless soul said:
Tealeaf said:

Yes 100%.

This and not having the ability to recognize when someone is reaching out to me....

Latest posts

Back