Do you have people you can talk to on a daily basis?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless soul said:
MisterLonely said:
As others have said thereis no cure for this, exceptmaybe self control.

You could look into classical (pavlovian) conditioning though, in wich you'll "punish" yourself for bad thoughts and "reward" yourself for good thoughts... but you are at risk of developing a liking for the punishment in order to allow yourself to keep having these bad thoughts.... forgot what such a thing is called though ;)
Like punching myself in the testicles? That doesn't help

That might be a bit extensive, not to mention you'll get allot of weird looks, mostly people that do something like this bite their cheek/tongue, or pinch themselves in a sensitive place, like the back of yourupper arm,or your leg through your trouser pockets.

Also, I'm not sure this even works... not that i'm doubting Pavlov in any way :)

Restless soul said:
So what I want to know how important to you is it to have people that you can commuincate with daily to some degree
Be it by phone, text or any other form of communication?

No I do not. No family to contact on a daily basis and really no one on here because they make excuses not to talk to me.

Here is something I need.. a place to spew about work? Am I the only one who needs this? Even amongst my work friends they don't want to spew about it. They have this idea like we should just ignore it when we go home? I am totally unable to do that. TOTALLY. So there is no one to talk to about it.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Here is something I need.. a place to spew about work? Am I the only one who needs this? Even amongst my work friends they don't want to spew about it. They have this idea like we should just ignore it when we go home? I am totally unable to do that. TOTALLY.  So there is no one to talk to about it.

You could always talk about it here.  What would the harm be.  Unless you think someone at work might see it and know. 

My ex was always a firm believer of "work stays at work, home stays at home."  Which I know he talked about home all the time at work.  He wasn't home often enough to talk about work much, though. lol

Ok, one of my co workers just got made my boss. On the one hand:
- I didn't apply for it. I can't take the bosses boss and i don't want to be management.
- This would be one of the only persons of my position in management.
- This person will be pretty good in the position. He is sort of a extrovert.

On the other hand.
- he is not qualified. One of the most junior people
- he is friends with the boss... personal friends. my workplace has a long history of friendship promotions and we all thought that had been ended.
- Almost everyone who works there under him is more qualified than him and could to the job just as good, if not better, but we all won't get raises this year so they could afford to make this position for him. This position pays six figures.

At the same time it was announced that someone they have wanted gone for a long time is leaving. Tara is a well qualified employee but she is a little fat and a little ugly and doesn't fit in with their vision of "professional" so they pushed her out. I know for a long time they have been pushing her to leave and making things difficult for her. I just see how that is going to go for me.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Ok, one of my co workers just got made my boss. On the one hand:
- I didn't apply for it. I can't take the bosses boss and i don't want to be management.
- This would be one of the only persons of my position in management.
- This person will be pretty good in the position. He is sort of a extrovert.

On the other hand.
- he is not qualified. One of the most junior people
- he is friends with the boss... personal friends. my workplace has a long history of friendship promotions and we all thought that had been ended.
- Almost everyone who works there under him is more qualified than him and could to the job just as good, if not better, but we all won't get raises this year so they could afford to make this position for him. This position pays six figures.

At the same time it was announced that someone they  have wanted gone for a long time is leaving. Tara is a well qualified employee but she is a little fat and a little ugly and doesn't fit in with their vision of "professional" so they pushed her out. I know for a long time they have been pushing her to leave and making things difficult for her.  I just see how that is going to go for me.

It does sound like there is some favoritism going on there.  Are you sure they don't see something in the guy they promoted that maybe you and the others don't see, though?  Just a thought, it could be totally wrong. 

As for Tara, that sucks that they would do that, but it doesn't surprise me.  Did she maybe get a better job...or at least a different one?  Personally, I wouldn't want to work somewhere where people were like that to me, so I would likely look for a different job too.

Tara will be retiring. She gets a pension but the pension is keyed to when she retires. So she gets a penalty for that. Just depressing that it has to be that way.

Latest posts

Back