Tell me a bit about yourself.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Spectre

Reaction score
Hello everyone, ....I'm 19 yo dude with a hyperactive imagination and a tendency to daydream about alternate realities. Been a loner all my life. I always feel like an outsider. Sometimes I get really depressed for a lot of reasons. I have a lot of self-doubts.Never really understood the point of conversations because more often than not, they are hollow.
                               Recently, I've found bliss in solitude.Honestly, I am in the best state of mind I've been in about five years. when I'm with other people, I'm a completely different person and that is what I hate about social interactions.Never been with a girl and that's that.
              I'm here with the hope of making a few friends with whom I can have a real conversation.

Greetings, Blue Spectre! It was kind of weird reading your post - especially the first couple of sentences, because it resembles me in alot of ways.
Though, i have mixed feelings about social interactions - sometimes i feel the same way as you do, that they are often pointless and just a time killer but there are also times when i find myself enjoying some particular ones, when they actually get deep, to sort of speak - about some more meaningful things other than small talk..
Anyways, welcome to ALL.

It was kind of weird for me to read your post too Blue Spectre....'cause it reminds me of myself in a lot of ways too.
But I'm a whole lot older than 19 and if I could go back to 19 I'd change that alternate realities, loner, self doubt, outsider feeling, depressed and not being with girls thing.......
Easier said than done but it was so much tougher to change the older I got and I've still got plenty of those issues still not resolved.
OK, that's a voice from four and half decades further down the road than you Blue Spectre......do what you think is best.

Gorbachov said:
Greetings, Blue Spectre! It was kind of weird reading your post - especially the first couple of sentences, because it resembles me in alot of ways.
Though, i have mixed feelings about social interactions - sometimes i feel the same way as you do, that they are often pointless and just a time killer but there are also times when i find myself enjoying some particular ones, when they actually get deep, to sort of speak - about some more meaningful things other than small talk..
Anyways, welcome to ALL.

well yeah, sometimes you meet someone who understands. And thank you.

constant stranger said:
It was kind of weird for me to read your post too Blue Spectre....'cause it reminds me of myself in a lot of ways too.
But I'm a whole lot older than 19 and if I could go back to 19 I'd change that alternate realities, loner, self doubt, outsider feeling, depressed and not being with girls thing.......
Easier said than done but it was so much tougher to change the older I got and I've still got plenty of those issues still not resolved.
OK, that's a voice from four and half decades further down the road than you Blue Spectre......do what you think is best.

sometimes I feel like I want to change all of this but that would make me someone else....most people think that I'm a quiet and shy person which is not true...what I found out recently is that being in everyone's good books will eventually lead to a disaster...because that means I never protested or stood up against anything...now I feel like it's more important to make a few enemies than a lot of friends....thank you for your kind words..ill take your advice any try changing some of these habits of mine.

I know a lot of people have it way worse than me...but that doesn't change my situation. in this age of virtual peace and mass media hypnosis, it's hard to find reason and meaning. so I decided to join a university student movement where we help the underprivileged, the elderly and the differently abled.Hopefully, this will help bring things into perspective.

Sup Blue Spectre, 19 y/o dude as well. Diagnosed with depression and anxiety, but Prozac is working for the most part. Still doesn't magically make friends appear though

lostexile35 said:
Sup Blue Spectre, 19 y/o dude as well. Diagnosed with depression and anxiety, but Prozac is working for the most part. Still doesn't magically make friends appear though

Friends are overrated.  :D

pinocio said:
Welcome buddy !
nice to meet you :)
see ya' around !

Thanks! The feeling is mutual.

Welcome! ^_^
Fantasy's a great thing indeed.
"...what I found out recently is that being in everyone's good books will eventually lead to a disaster...because that means I never protested or stood up against anything...now I feel like it's more important to make a few enemies than a lot of friends..." I strongly agree with this. Not the consequences as much as the meaning behind.
Stay well ^_^

Meaw said:
Welcome! ^_^
Fantasy's a great thing indeed.
"...what I found out recently is that being in everyone's good books will eventually lead to a disaster...because that means I never protested or stood up against anything...now I feel like it's more important to make a few enemies than a lot of friends..." I strongly agree with this. Not the consequences as much as the meaning behind.
Stay well ^_^

Thanks, you too.

Hello and welcome to ALL.

Seems like you're having trouble staying true to who you are (social interaction wise), it's something that comes with time, and something you'll find yourself failing at every now and then, sometimes unwanted and sometimes on purpose, as for never having been with a girl, well at 19 that's hardly a shocking age to be honest, even if it seems so for you!

Latest posts

Back