A new idea for young ladies...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocratesX said:
halfemptyheart26 said:
I don't want a guy to boss around... whether to be tamed or to be made over.

Just a thought from a single woman..

So you want to be dominated by an alpha then?

>Dating a normal (I guess that term is rather subjective) girl with no control issues or need to be bossed; she's incredibly independent
>Brian is not a Marine, Rock Star, or Bodybuilder, and is definitely not 'hot'
>We mutually expect each other to stay in healthy shape
>I wear whatever I want
>I didn't use any PUA crap, just acted confident and had normal conversations and did things together
>STARTED OUT AS FRIENDS EVEN

>my face when people still try to paint everything as black and white

John_Hodgman.jpg

SocratesX said:
It seems like the majority of women who are "involuntarily single" are basically single due to the fact that they can't find a "hot" guy who's not a jackass. (look at my sig and you will realize the issue when it comes to dating)

So here's the perfect idea. Don't date a hot jackass or bad boy and try to "tame" him and change his personality....

... date a nice boring looking dude and change his looks.

Once a compatibility partnership is formed, THEN you guys can worry about attraction. It's perfectly logical that the nerdy dude who has been friendzoned by you would do ANYTHING for you to be in love with him. Just tell him what to do, and believe me, he will do it. He'll bulk and cut, he'll buy designer clothes, he'll get rid of his acne. You have ultimate power.

It is the perfectly logical thing to do.

It's not logical at all. Not one bit. If you don't like someone, looks or personality, why bother? It's completely absurd to say to someone, "Okay, now you have to change your looks, and we'll be good." If you ever say that to someone, I hope the girl has enough sense to walk away from you and never look back.

And you're signature has nothing to do with any relationship issues. At all. Why you think it does is beyond me.

SophiaGrace said:
I think it's important to look good, because, like it or not, your appearance is the first thing that people see. So, even if you arent dead-drop handsome or gorgeous, make sure to treat yourself right. Exercise, buy nice clothes. If you respect yourself, others will respect you too.

This is not always true. A lot of people fall for each other AFTER getting to know each other. Believe it or not, some of us don't look at how someone looks and determine if we want to be with them.

Though I do agree with looking nice and presentable. Clean clothes, clean hair, and a clean body is heavenly.

SocratesX said:
Why are people on this forum if they have husbands?????????

This is a lonely life forum. Not a I have no spouse forum. Being married doesn't equal never being lonely.

Also, I can't see many women wanting to be with a guy who will do whatever they ask him to just out of desperation. I think we've all solidly established that women don't like desperation, hence why some pretty hefty or plain-looking dudes are able to attract pretty good looking gals.

And I sort of have a girlfriend, but it honestly hasn't changed much of how I feel, as nice as it is to have companionship. I still feel alone inside of myself (like being in a glass cage in a crowded room) sometimes, still have some regrets that bother me, and I still wrestle with anxiety. And I will probably always have ....eccentric.... worldviews and be disappointed in people as a whole, a large part of that isolation feeling. So, honestly, even if I was married I would probably still be here...and I would hope to not be ostracized just because I have sex every now and then.

Besides...the way I see it, the more one of us figures out, the more we have to share with the rest. When the cavemen made fire, they had the right idea with sharing it among their fellow club-wielding associates.

A partner should like you for you and not for what you could be molded into. I dont have any experience in the relationship area but i think i can safely say that a relationship will probably end bad if one side of the coin is trying to change the other.

Brian said:
Also, I can't see many women wanting to be with a guy who will do whatever they ask him to just out of desperation. I think we've all solidly established that women don't like desperation, hence why some pretty hefty or plain-looking dudes are able to attract pretty good looking gals.

A lot of women will even subconsciously test a man by asking him to do increasingly more ridiculous and demeaning/demanding tasks. Why? Because a woman needs to know where a man stands. Women need to know the boundaries of a relationship, so if the guy never tells her "NO," then things are going to be quite rocky.

I see it all the time with guys who are pushovers. Their wives and girlfriends just keep making them do worse and worse honeysuckle, always looking for that boundary. "Oh, sweetie, we need a house we can't afford!" or "A threesome will bring us together by showing us different ways of loving each other!" or "No you can't hang out with your guy friends. By the way, I'm going to a club tonight." But the guy is so whipped or subdued that he just keeps GIVING, GIVING, GIVING... and as a result, neither he nor the woman are very happy or enjoy a stable relationship.

It's about finding a balance where as a guy you'll make some sacrifices for a woman.... and yet still stand rock hard on certain issues that matter to you. Balance and give/take. A woman's gotta know where a man's going to stomp his foot down and tell her to fresia OFF.

Sorry, ladies... I know you hate to hear something this bluntly, but am I wrong? Take a good long look at yourselves and try to be objective and tell me what you think...?

P.S. I'm not saying that this need for boundaries is a bad thing. It's only a bad thing if the guy never shows a woman the boundaries. *shrug*

Latest posts

Back