Alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModelMaker

Reaction score
Where does one go who has absolutely no family or friends, absolutely no one, no money go to out to even do anything like meet someone for coffee or a movie? There's been 8 Christmases completely and utterly alone and the thought of another is devastating. Tried volunteering, but there seems to be few decent people in London who would even offer to share a Christmas with someone who has told them they'd be absolutely alone. Not looking necessarily for a girlfriend or anything just a friend with compassion.

Hallo dude. welcome here.

I don't know where you would go for christmas day. I already dreading that time of the year. I do have me mum and dad. I spend the day with them. But Christmas eve and new years eve is the worst for me.

You have living family, how can you not appreciate that? However bad they are, they are there for you? I have NO ONE at all.

ModelMaker said:
You have living family, how can you not appreciate that? However bad they are, they are there for you? I have NO ONE at all.

Well, there are people who will spend Christmas both alone and without a roof over their head.

Have you thought of doing something in that line? Volunteering to serve food for the elderly or homeless? Its social, and kind of what Christmas should be about.

Sorry to hear you have no family and friends. That's got to be rough.

I agree with Steel, I think maybe you could give volunteering another go just to keep yourself busy and so you aren't on your own. If you don't feel like doing that maybe there is a church service or something you could go to? I'm not sure if you are religious but it might be worth trying to see if it helps you at all.

I never really considered the idea of volunteering at a homeless shelter for Christmas. It's a good idea though.

I think you should look in to that. Thinking about it, if I didn't have family, that's what I would do. And deciding now to do it is better than taking no action and having another lonely Christmas, I think.

I bet you'll not only get good feelings from helping, but if you take the first step you might have some good conversations with the people you meet.

I am afraid Christmas since months ago already. Too sad.

Come on you have a friend here………it’s me!! Tara~~~~

Hi ModelMaker,

I really feel for you in your circumstances it's harder than ours since we have people to turn to in need.

Volunteering may be fine for some but for others it seems that your just stuck in the same situation as before with no outlet.

Are you able to upskill to provide more income? That may be the way to go, it might be financially rough in the beginning but will pay out in the long run.

Feel free to msn me or pm me if you like.

That is awfull. No family, no friends. No family at all ? Maybe some far sisters/brothers/unts/uncles ? If I had someone like that in your situation I would meet them on holidays. No matter where they live.
If not then you already have advises. But it is realy unimaginable for me to have absolutely noone.

I would definitely try to upskill or change jobs, no matter what. Having no money to enjoy just isn't good.

No, that's seriously tough to have no one at all. Sometimes I think lonely ones (those at least who live relatively close to each other) should buy a big common house to live together. Don't look at me like that, I mean why not? :D Surely would be way less lonely then.

I know how you feel Modelmaker.

I am also dreading Christmas. It was bad enough last year alone, dont even want to think about this year.

I have kids but they'll be with their Mom - apart from them I have absolutely no one either :(

Just makes me wanna curl up and die

Silvernight said:
No, that's seriously tough to have no one at all. Sometimes I think lonely ones (those at least who live relatively close to each other) should buy a big common house to live together. Don't look at me like that, I mean why not? :D Surely would be way less lonely then.

I know right. I mean it works really well for the Mexicans. Why can't we be as enlightened. lol

ModelMaker said:
Where does one go who has absolutely no family or friends, absolutely no one, no money go to out to even do anything like meet someone for coffee or a movie? There's been 8 Christmases completely and utterly alone and the thought of another is devastating. Tried volunteering, but there seems to be few decent people in London who would even offer to share a Christmas with someone who has told them they'd be absolutely alone. Not looking necessarily for a girlfriend or anything just a friend with compassion.

Hi Modelmaker,
I am really sorry to hear about your situation! If you had anyway of getting to the US I would love you to spend Christmas with me and my boyfriend. We probably will not be doing a whole lot either.
I am sorry to hear that people are not willing to offer you an invite just because you are alone. Sounds as if they do not understand the true meaning of Christmas.
If it is any consolation at all, alot of family get togethers for things like Christmas do not always go as it would appear. Many people are quite miserable with each other and have disfunctional get togethers, sort of speak.
And many people with families dont even get along or talk to one another or want anything to do with one another.
Actually, the only person that I talk to in my family is my mom and if she was to die and I was not with my bf I would actually be alone at Christmas as well. I have alot of relatives in England but I do not know them well enough and I have a sister who is a real b**** and wont talk to me and my father has mental problems. So i can easily be in a similar situation to you.
I know that you said that you are not looking for a girlfriend but eventually, in addition to making friends, it may not be a bad idea if you were to have one and if she has a family than they can kind of be like your family as well. There is a great free online dating service that you can join at plentyoffish dot com.
I know that it is easy to just lose energy and not want to do things, but sometimes you kind of have to force yourself to go out there, despite how much you may not feel like doing it and you may be glad that you did so in the end.
Anyway, my offer still stands. If you can get to the US you have people you can spend Christmas with.

i spent christmas alone last year, i must admit is was one of the loneliest, most depressing days of my life, and i've experienced a lot of lonely depressing days. I just stayed in bed and hid under the covers all day and night. I never want to experience that again, my heart goes out to all the old people who have lost all their loved ones, who experience that every single year.

ModelMaker said:

Hi Modelmaker,
I hope you come back on here and keep talking to us. We want to be your friend:)

hey ModelMaker,

well - i live about half a world away, so i can't really do much more than offer to msn or skype with you for a while, if you won't have a better option, and to help you keep your spirits up.

(hugs)

feel free to msn me if you like - i'd love to talk myself, lol.

Latest posts

Back