Another rude craigslist reply -Well you guys ne the judge

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
Thank you, my restless friend :D
So now that we got that at of the way...any ideas of what I should do tonight?

Haha, I believe we discussed that topic in your other thread (NYC, right ?).

Why don't you just, seriously, get dressed, head out for a walk downtown ... coffee shops, bookstores, live music, bars. Don't be afraid to start up a conversation when you see an interesting person.
I am sure we touched on something like that. But moods my friend moods are powerful. Prevent me from wandering around too long alone.

Then, how about pizza and a movie :D
Funny, I usually do pizza. A solitary activity.
Which gets lame. It passed lame a while ago

Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:
So now that we got that at of the way...any ideas of what I should do tonight?

Why don't you just, seriously, get dressed, head out for a walk downtown ... coffee shops, bookstores, live music, bars. Don't be afraid to start up a conversation when you see an interesting person.
I am sure we touched on something like that. But moods my friend moods are powerful. Prevent me from wandering around too long alone.

- Reading a book
- Writing an autobiography or a short story or poem ? Vent your frustrations like there's no tomorrow.
- Drinking wine
- Learning something new (plenty of stuff online) ... learn how internal combustion engines work or how aerodynamic lift works or a few more words of Spanish
- Watch a documentary

But seriously, as before, my best advice to you is to get out and about. Force yourself the first couple of times. Do you have a friend/acquaintance you can go out with ?

Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:
Restless soul said:
Somnambulist said:

- Reading a book
- Writing an autobiography or a short story or poem ? Vent your frustrations like there's no tomorrow.
- Drinking wine
- Learning something new (plenty of stuff online) ... learn how internal combustion engines work or how aerodynamic lift works or a few more words of Spanish
- Watch a documentary

But seriously, as before, my best advice to you is to get out and about. Force yourself the first couple of times. Do you have a friend/acquaintance you can go out with ?

I said I was solitary. Not in solitary confinement.  😁🙂🤗

Didn't read the whole thread, but did you respond back to her?

If people made stupid comments on those sites I would just ignore them.

Generally, it is more welcoming and feels better to get a picture of a person smiling. Humans naturally respond better to it and it makes you look more approachable. When I don't smile, I look quite miserable and/ or bitchy and people might think that's the person I am. Some people look angry when they don't smile or others look very intimidating.
It's not nice to fake smile but you just have to fake it until you make it I suppose...

IceCastles said:

Generally, it is more welcoming and feels better to get a picture of a person smiling. Humans naturally respond better to it and it makes you look more approachable. When I don't smile, I look quite miserable and/ or bitchy and people might think that's the person I am. Some people look angry when they don't smile or others look very intimidating.
It's not nice to fake smile but you just have to fake it until you make it I suppose...

Thanks. I guess you are right. My main point about what she said. Was..if you don't know someone don't critique thier looks or photo. That was really it. I have never done it. Why would I. Unless I prefaced what I was going to say with somethng genuinely positive. Using the right words. Some people just cant communicate without being offensive or just don't realize it. Example of polite way

: hi. Nice photo you should smile, why so serious there? 
What never to say: you look scary why not smile?
Fail. She already failed.

Restless soul said:
IceCastles said:

Thanks. I guess you are right. My main point about what she said. Was..if you don't know someone don't critique thier looks or photo. That was really it. I have never done it. Why would I. Unless I prefaced what I was going to say with somethng genuinely positive. Using the right words. Some people just cant communicate without being offensive or just don't realize it. Example of polite way

Maybe you should just reply those posts in the same manner, as in "Why so blunt? you should use a bit of tact." ocourse then you would become what you dispise so much... but the real truth is that some people realy don't know they are being rude or offensive, it's not something the can control, they do it that way because they have always done it that way, that to me is kinda sad.... it's the world we live in today i guess.

But there are still those who do take the time to formulate a "bad news" message in a constructive or positive way, if all else fails then be positive yourself, they might learn something from you!

MisterLonely said:
Restless soul said:
IceCastles said:

Maybe you should just reply those posts in the same manner, as in "Why so blunt? you should use a bit of tact." ocourse then you would become what you dispise so much... but the real truth is that some people realy don't know they are being rude or offensive, it's not something the can control, they do it that way because they have always done it that way, that to me is kinda sad.... it's the world we live in today i guess.

But there are still those who do take the time to formulate a "bad news" message in a constructive or positive way, if all else fails then be positive yourself, they might learn something from you!
Right. Those thoughts went through my mind. I was going to say that is not nice to say someone looks scary. But once you do that you are opening yourself for more critique.  People love to play on a weakness.

Yes, you and I take others people feelings into consideration.
And would not reply like that, even if we think we are being cute or funny. We just know better.

See, that's where you're coming up with issues. You are putting what YOU would do onto everyone else. Not everyone else has your morals, values or beliefs. That doesn't make them wrong, that doesn't make them rude, it just makes them....well, not you.

Restless soul said:
Yes, you and I take others people feelings into consideration.
And would not reply like that, even if we think we are being cute or funny. We just know better.

Thanks. That kinda sounded like a compliment in a way.

II agreed above I am to senstive. Part of it

TheRealCallie said:
See, that's where you're coming up with issues.  You are putting what YOU would do onto everyone else.  Not everyone else has your morals, values or beliefs.  That doesn't make them wrong, that doesn't make them rude, it just makes them....well, not you.
Oops. I meant to reply to you above  rreplied to myself

TheRealCallie said:
See, that's where you're coming up with issues.  You are putting what YOU would do onto everyone else.  Not everyone else has your morals, values or beliefs.  That doesn't make them wrong, that doesn't make them rude, it just makes them....well, not you.

Actually that is a compliment. Don't know about morals.  Said I am sensitive to other peoples feelings. But morals. Being a man. A big head and little one. Well sometimes those morals go out the window. Its a curse..but thank you callie

I think she could have used a little (ok a lot) more tact, but the fact that she even responded says a lot.
I'm betting she didn't mean to insult you and she may have even been attempting to help by offering an opinion on the pic. Just seems like she went about it the wrong way.
People can often can be completely unaware that something they said was hurtful.
I have to say though, if you're using dating sites, get used to having people scrutinize the pics you post.
Luckily, I never had anyone to make a negative comment when I was using them. I'm sure it was hurtful to you and I'm not discounting your feelings.

EveWasFramed said:
I think she could have used a little (ok a lot) more tact, but the fact that she even responded says a lot.
I'm betting she didn't mean to insult you and she may have even been attempting to help by offering an opinion on the pic. Just seems like she went about it the wrong way.
People can often can be completely unaware that something they said was hurtful.
I have to say though, if you're using dating sites, get used to having people scrutinize the pics you post.
Luckily, I never had anyone to make a negative comment when I was using them. I'm sure it was hurtful to you and I'm not discounting your feelings.
I am used to the ignoring if you don't like someones pic.
That is just me. Thankfully now we have tinder and others so you can bypass that cral

Hmm. I never tried any of the apps. Truth be told, I'd stopped using them altogether when I *accidentally* met my hubby on one. My account wasn't even active, but I was still getting notifications.
I've read comments from others though, who seem to like using the apps too.

EveWasFramed said:
Hmm. I never tried any of the apps. Truth be told, I'd stopped using them altogether when I *accidentally* met my hubby on one. My account wasn't even active, but I was still getting notifications.
I've read comments from others though, who seem to like using the apps too.

Well that is a good reason to stop using dating apps if there ever was one

Lol. Not sure you understood. I met my FUTURE hubby on one that I wasn't active on anymore.
We were both single. :D

If she called me scary I would have gone sarcastic and replied back, "It's hard being a serial killer if I am smiling all the time."

Latest posts

Back